TV scenes that caused your allergies to act up

hubman

I know I'm dealing with a pretty masculine group here that would never cry, especially because of a TV show. But I was wondering what TV show or TV scene had your allergies acting up, or happen to come on right when the air in your room was abnormally dry and dusty?

First on my list is an episode that seems to only come on when my allergies are in high gear is from Fresh Prince of Bel Air, when Will's biological father comes back into his life only to abandon him again:

The show This is Us, the whole first season seemed to only air on extremely high pollen count days, especially the Memphis episode, when they stop at Jack's favorite tree at 2:29 into the video below

Last edited:

Though not actually a TV show, just a commercial, this generally played during high pollen counts too:

Did anybody recognize the future Grey's Anatomy star that needed help with physics.

Some that come to mind:

* Tom Hanks visits the grave at the end Of Saving Private Ryan.

* Tom Hagen tells Vito Corleone that Sonny has been killed and Michael has come into the mob.

* The end of The Champ.

* The execution of John in The Green Mile.

Some that come to mind:

* Tom Hagen tells Vito Corleone that Sonny has been killed and Michael has come into the mob.

* The end of The Champ.

You picked two I thought of and put in the movie thread.

Some that come to mind:

* The end of The Champ.

I am a little slow and just of movie scenes.

Seconding the Archie Bunker scene. The original I, Robot on The Outer Limits is a sniffer for me. I'm sure there were others but I don't remember tv scenes as well as movie scenes until someone else mentions them or I see them again.

I don’t think I teared up at the time, but my dad died 4 days before the Lost Finale, so this scene hits home.

Then 3 years later.

A couple from West Wing always get to me:

Mrs. Landingham dies in a car accident after buying her first new car.

And Leo (John Spencer) dying - this one hit hard because you know the actors didn't need to act these scenes, since John had actually died.

The one that stands out for me was the second season, episode 1 of "12 O'Clock High" when General Savage (played by Robert Lansing) was killed on a mission. That was the fall of 1965 for you whippersnappers.

Savage was my guy. I couldn't believe I was watching his plane spin out of control and disappear. I kept asking my father if the General would still be alive. Dad just shook his head. I ran to my room and cried my eyes out.

Last edited:
The one that stands out for me was the second season, episode 1 of "12 O'Clock High" when General Savage (played by Robert Lansing) was killed on a mission. That was the fall of 1965 for you whippersnappers.

Savage was my guy. I couldn't believe I was watching his plane spin out of control and disappear. I kept asking my father if the General would still be alive. Dad just shook his head. I ran to my room and cried my eyes out.
SPOILERS please!

lol.

Didn't you say you were 16 years old in 1965?

This also got to me a bit. You can hear H. Jon Benjamin’s voice break towards the end

:>---

SALT

Though not actually a TV show, just a commercial, this generally played during high pollen counts too:

Did anybody recognize the future Grey's Anatomy star that needed help with physics.
Watched that commercial a zillion times. Never knew Marlon Wayans helped Bailey become a doctor

Since it's technically tv, truth in honesty requires adding end of first quarter at Iowa.
The first time I saw that was a few years back when a highly ranked OSU team traveled there, as deflated as I was about OSU losing and wrecking their title hopes, I kept thinking back to how touching/awesome the end of the first quarter tradition was.

Watched that commercial a zillion times. Never knew Marlon Wayans helped Bailey become a doctor
Speaking of Grey's, they have had plenty of dust in the air moments over the years. The one for me above all others is in the episode "Suddenly" where a family is in a horrific accident, losing the Mother and Grandmother at the scene, the Father keeps coding at the hospital and young son is in danger of losing his eye. All this leaving the teenage daughter to deal with the ramifications. The scene where the daughter (Lilly played by Stella Maeve) tells Meredith she is not a child anymore,,,,