Troy vs Piqua 10/26

TroyTrojan05

The most hatred rivalry in all of Ohio. Let’s get this discussion started. Who does that team up north have this year and what do they need to do to keep the game competitive? This looks like Troy’s game to lose but you can throw the records out the door with this one. These teams and towns hate each other.

The most hatred rivalry in all of Ohio. Let’s get this discussion started. Who does that team up north have this year and what do they need to do to keep the game competitive? This looks like Troy’s game to lose but you can throw the records out the door with this one. These teams and towns hate each other.

Do the town's of Troy and Piqua really "hate" each other? If so, that's a bummer. :dang:

But it’s really more than just that. When you grow up in one of these towns, each generation passes on the hate to the next generation. It’s all in good fun, really. It’s amazing how long this rivalry has been played and how close it is as well.

Yes the citizens of each community really do have a dislike for the other. This is not just a football thing.... it's basketball, baseball...softball every sport it's a battle because you are taught to not like the other. There are a lot of other rivalry's but this one has thing most don't.....after 118 years and 133 games this series is 64-63-6 in favor of T-roy.

We can't even agree on what to call this game... in T-roy it's Troy-Piqua and in Piqua it's Piqua-Troy. The game has been played every year since 1911 making it the longest running rivalry in the state.

Since 2000 the games have been very interesting. Piqua has won 9 games and T-roy has won 9 games. Piqua has scored 341 points (18.9 PPG) Troy has scored 360 points (20 PPG)

Piqua and Troy have a blood drive where each community donates blood and the winning school gets a $1000 donation from US Bank.

Every rivalry in High School is special don't mistake that by any means. But this one isn't just about football.

But it’s really more than just that. When you grow up in one of these towns, each generation passes on the hate to the next generation. It’s all in good fun, really. It’s amazing how long this rivalry has been played and how close it is as well.
Uh, looks like Piqua has to win to get in the playoffs.

I can see how Troy and Piqua became such a heated rivalry. But it's sad how each generation passes down the hate to the next.

I guess it would take the younger generations, but people in Piqua and Troy need to break free from this, and start a new, positive movement. One of peace, love and understanding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssd3U_zicAI

I'm from Greenville, and I know all about the courthouse story! Piqua always is looking at Troy's rear end...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Kyle just compare it to OSU and Michigan as far as the hatred. Have you ever met a fan of one of those teams who likes the other team? It’s just the way it is and the way it will always be.

I do not hate Piqua. But there is a dislike for them. Respect their football program and stadium.

GO Troy! Beat Piqua.

So I read that article and the courthouse backstory isn't all that impressive I guess. I mean I get why Piqua may not like Troy, but why does Troy care? The govt was on their side and they're now the larger city. Seems one-sided from the article that was shared unless Troy just needed a rival and Piqua fit the bill.

Kyle just compare it to OSU and Michigan as far as the hatred. Have you ever met a fan of one of those teams who likes the other team? It’s just the way it is and the way it will always be.

Yes, OSU and Michigan is a major rivalry. My dad went to Michigan. He was very poor growing up in the UP of Michigan during the depression. But after fighting in WWII, the GI bill paid for his education there.

From what I recall, he watched every OSU / Michigan football game on TV (unless he attended the game). But he didn't hate OSU. In fact, he was a fan of the Big 10 and whenever a Big 10 team played another team outside of the conference, he was rooting for the Big 10 team, even if it was OSU. He loved Michigan, but didn't hate OSU.

TroyTrojan, here's a picture of my dad, me and my younger brother attending a game in 1966 at Michigan Stadium. Michigan played Purdue and lost in a close game. The legendary Bob Griece was the QB for Purdue that day.

Attachments

• Dad, me & Ken at UM football.jpg
    Dad, me & Ken at UM football.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I do not hate Piqua. But there is a dislike for them. Respect their football program and stadium.

GO Troy! Beat Piqua.

Like TB73 said.... these kids also do A LOT of things using this rivalry for some good also. They sell shirts to support different causes (Child Leukemia, Suicide Prevention) and donate the proceeds to such causes.

Yes there is a huge dislike for the other. But it's a healthy dislike....kinda! :laugh:

Now to the game....

Piqua will need to play a better game then they have the past few weeks. They can't keep shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. The defense will need to play the entire game. They haven't been scored on in the 2nd half the past two weeks. But the first half has not been as favorable.

T-roy will be heavily favored in this game, as they should be. But as with any rivalry game, that doesn't matter. Piqua can win this game but they'll have to earn it.

I hope Troy’s passing game comes alive this week. If they want to advance in the playoffs they are going to have to pass. They have a great running attack but they can’t be so one dimensional against good teams. I’d like to see Siler get 100 yds or more passing and “run JCB” get his usual 200+.

My prediction is 31-14 Troy

Piqua needs to keep this game close to have a shot, they have played in some high pressure games this year. If T-roy gets up a few scores and Piqua needs to play catch up it will be trouble with their defense.

I'm also very interested how the Freshman game goes on Wednesday and the JV game on Thursday.

Piqua needs to keep this game close to have a shot, they have played in some high pressure games this year. If T-roy gets up a few scores and Piqua needs to play catch up it will be trouble with their defense.

I'm also very interested how the Freshman game goes on Wednesday and the JV game on Thursday.

Make sure if you can get out and give blood this week! This is probably one of my favorite things about this week!