Troy Smith and Braxton Miller Looking to Open a IMG type Prep School in Urbana

I don’t think people realize how much money IMG has to do football. Before we even talk about the academy, look at the rest of their portfolio from modeling to leerfield-img sports radio. Before they even had football, parents willingly shelled out t 40 grand for tennis, golf and baseball. Even they didn’t start with football. Prep school football has worked and it can here. Upstarts need to think more like Fork Union instead of IMG.

Getting kids to Urbana, and getting them to stay there, for this concept in football will be easier said than done.

This concept would be better served if they tried their hand with wrestling, first. IMO. How much money do you think it would take Jeff Jordan for him to get on board for something like this?

I would get a kick if they branded themselves as "Urbana-Champaign." Might have a better team than uIllinois!

Jordan (great family) is already on board with this ( I can't help myself) it is spelled GRAHAM ( I really don't care or have animosity)........ come on, I should not have to be the first one to bring up the existing champaign county academy

Oh gosh, I didn't think those people believed in Pee Wee football ....... what does that make Indian Lake football then........... My entire classification structure is crumbling ......... so confused...........
Only good football in Logan county is in bellefountaine. Wait till 2022 and 2023

D5-D7 kids are not good enough to sniff IMG jock straps. So pee wee league.
Take a look at a guy named Wes Martin. Played HS Football at Milton-Union. Now plays for the Washington Redskins (Football Team whatever). He started 4 years at IU. Another kid named Mitch Evans, Milton-Union, who played 4 years as a starter at IU. That's just since 2007. Covington, Coldwater, St Henry, etc have all had kids move on to play the next level and above.
IMG_0777.JPG

Your comment is wrong.

Getting kids to Urbana, and getting them to stay there, for this concept in football will be easier said than done.

This concept would be better served if they tried their hand with wrestling, first. IMO. How much money do you think it would take Jeff Jordan for him to get on board for something like this?
More than they could afford. Jeff would have zero interest. Bo, Rocky and Micky on the other hand...

Ohio tried this once. For those too young to remember it was called C.A.P.E https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/r...ttracted-sports-minded-elementary-hs-students
Also remember Harmony HS in Cincinnati....They were in Cincy for about 7 years and were shut down around 2015.
Hell they had High school graduates on several their sports teams...
They were not an OHSAA member school so they got away with a lot. Even scheduling games vs. small colleges and DI JV teams. They did put kids in college programs though.

Last edited:
Also remember Harmony HS in Cincinnati....They were in Cincy for about 7 years and were shut down around 2015.
Hell they had High school graduates on several their sports teams...
They were not an OHSAA member school so they got away with a lot. Even scheduling games vs. small colleges and DI JV teams. They did put kids in college programs though.
I forgot about that

Every Friday night high school football news.
Sadly he is now battling addiction, depression and homelessness. I remember seeing a go fund me a few years back for him to try to get him back in college to finish his degree and maybe turn his life around. Sounds like his life has been a train wreck the past 15 or so years.

Sadly he is now battling addiction, depression and homelessness. I remember seeing a go fund me a few years back for him to try to get him back in college to finish his degree and maybe turn his life around. Sounds like his life has been a train wreck the past 15 or so years.
No he hasn’t. Not the past 15 years. Maybe 15 years ago he was down. He did have some hip surgery and that ended his free agent try with the the Denver Broncos . He is doing well now. My little brother is close to his little brother, Nate.

Damn. I really hate to hear that.

No he hasn’t. Not the past 15 years. Maybe 15 years ago he was down. He did have some hip surgery and that ended his free agent try with the the Denver Broncos . He is doing well now. My little brother is close to his little brother, Nate.
That is excellent news. Thanks.

Here is a good read from 2019.....You can still help the go fund me is close to the goal...Pass along the link...