Trotwood-Madison (3-1) @ Withrow (3-1)

New Breed

One of the best matchups of the early season. Trotwood heads to Cincinnati to face a Withrow team that has absolutely had their number the past few seasons. Withrow beat Trotwood last year 28-18 in a turnover laden affair, and beat Trotwood the year before that 25-0. The Tigers began the season 3-0 before falling to St. Xavier 14-10, however their 3 wins were against teams who are now a combined 3-9. Trotwood's first four opponents are a combined 9-7 (4-0 Winton Woods, 1-3 Springfield, 2-2 Alter, 2-2 Fairmont).

This will be the 2 week in a row that Trotwood will face a future Buckeye. Last week the Rams saw Springfield's Aaron Scott, this week it will be Withrow's 6-5 wideout Chris Henry Jr. The Ram defensive attention will definitely be focused on him...I would look for some other Tigers to make some plays this Friday.

This should be a fun one. Thoughts?

I think Withrow wins this one.

But, X definitely gave the blueprint on how to handle the stud receivers that Withrow has......Press them and make sure you have 2 safeties over the top and let your D-Line go to work. Withrow didn't seem to have any desire to run the ball last week, even when X had only 5 in the box. So, Trotwood should do take the same defensive game plan X had if they want to have a chance.

Withrow's defense is pretty stout. Not sure Trotwood can score much on them.

I think Withrow rolls in this one

Nothing against TM! but Withrow is different this year. Holding St X to 14 pts. Proved that their D can play with anyone (Some may say St X is "down" this year" but you don's see (atleast in the last 10ish years) CPS schools playing GCL south and actually keeping it a game.

Im saying Withrow takes this one 31-18

Withrow in a close one. Trotwood is playing well this year but they're going on the road against a Withrow team that went toe-to-toe with St. X.

Trotwood has beat the former D1 state runner-up, couple playoff win Fairmont, playoff qualifier Alter and only gave up one offensive touchdown to Winton Woods. There schedule has been stout the first four games. A loss to St. X doesn't matter to them. I think the game will be evenly matched and tell you what the Springfield game felt like old times around Trotwood. That can be real scary for Region 12. Rams are good sized up front and have skill all over the field. Sounds like Withrow is the same... I am excited about this one....I don't think any past wins matter. This should be a barn burner.

Last edited:
I don't know if Trotwood wins, but Tim Carpenter is special. I believe Trotwood will at least be able to move the ball some

I think this game is a toss up. Trotwoods win over Springfield is very impressive along with them holding Winton woods to one offensive touchdown. With that being said playing at withrow is tough for anyone. Tigers win a low scoring defensive battle.

Just saw on Twitter that game was called with 9 minutes to go in 3rd quarter due to fight between both teams. Apparently both sidelines cleared.

Funny, on another thread when I mentioned same thing happened at a scrimmage years ago everyone told me I was crazy.

Always bad blood between these two schools for some reason.

Just saw on Twitter that game was called with 9 minutes to go in 3rd quarter due to fight between both teams. Apparently both sidelines cleared.

Funny, on another thread when I mentioned same thing happened at a scrimmage years ago everyone told me I was crazy.

It never fails 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️👀👀👀👀

Wow, just wow!!!! Do you know what the score was??

So with 9:00 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter, the game was ruled in Withrow favor. So how many players were suspended? This is the second time Withrow had a football brawl. Three years ago, they had a bench-clearing brawl with Walnut Hills. Coaches and Players!

Here is the ruling.

Attachments

• 19DE9368-0195-4959-80EA-842A39102C0A.jpeg
    19DE9368-0195-4959-80EA-842A39102C0A.jpeg
    141.5 KB · Views: 123