Trotwood @ Bellbrook

BBfootball92

Bellbrook is back in the playoffs
Last year they beat CJ 58-0 in 2nd round and
St Mary’s 38-14 in 3rd round before falling to a good Ross team .

Bellbrooks only 2 loses come by a combined 11 points to 2 great teams in Eaton and hamilton badin

trotwood has played somewhat of a tough schedule but also played the sisters of the poor where most their wins came from

Bellbrook plays great team defense and has several weapons on offense
Since making the quarterback change they haven’t lost and have looked really strong .

Bellbrook style and defense is similar to Fairmont

fairmont beat twood 35-0

with all that being said it is trotwood and I’m sure they’ve gained some confidence as the season went on , they have athletes and a decent coaching staff .
Im sure their looking at Bellbrook snd thinking easy game as well just like CJ did last year

my prediction

Bellbrook 35
Trotwood 21

Bellbrook isn't having a Trotwood that is capable of winning State. I think Bellbrook will win easily and move on.
Bellbrook 55
Trotwood 28

Bellbrook is back in the playoffs
Last year they beat CJ 58-0 in 2nd round and
St Mary’s 38-14 in 3rd round before falling to a good Ross team .

Bellbrooks only 2 loses come by a combined 11 points to 2 great teams in Eaton and hamilton badin

trotwood has played somewhat of a tough schedule but also played the sisters of the poor where most their wins came from

Bellbrook plays great team defense and has several weapons on offense
Since making the quarterback change they haven’t lost and have looked really strong .

Bellbrook style and defense is similar to Fairmont

fairmont beat twood 35-0

with all that being said it is trotwood and I’m sure they’ve gained some confidence as the season went on , they have athletes and a decent coaching staff .
Im sure their looking at Bellbrook snd thinking easy game as well just like CJ did last year

my prediction

Bellbrook 35
Trotwood 21
"Sisters of the poor"...I like that, I may have to steal that one.

Trotwood has come into a bit of a solid identity in the last few weeks, for sure. There's still a lot of talent on this team, albeit very young. Looking at the La Salle game a few weeks ago, the game was closer than the score indicated, and Trotwood absolutely had there chances in that game. The Rams still very much have some explosive athletes on offensive, and it will be interesting to see how Bellbrook is able to contain them. I think this will be a close one.

Trotwood is extremely young with most of both sides of the ball starting sophomores. I think at one time 17 of the 22 were on the field. Not to mention the first full year of football for most of them due to the Covid-19 situation Trotwood had last year (started the season 6 weeks in). Regardless with teams like Winton Woods, Lasalle and Fairmont on their schedule the the Rams will not be scared of anyone. I am sure the Bellbrook coaches will be preaching that all week too. "This is not the Trotwood of old but is still Trotwood."

Youth maybe too much to overcome for the Rams but who knows, it is the playoffs and Coach Graham doesn't have two rings under his belt for nothing. We'll see.

This thing on??? Only thing I will say is play Trotwood now this is your shot. Because after this they will be in rare form for years to come. Trotwood should be 5-4 with one of the youngest teams in a long time. Bellbrook will be tough but honestly it is bonus football for the Rams

This thing on??? Only thing I will say is play Trotwood now this is your shot. Because after this they will be in rare form for years to come. Trotwood should be 5-4 with one of the youngest teams in a long time. Bellbrook will be tough but honestly it is bonus football for the Rams
Don't let the program name fool you. Trotwood is not good. Bellbrook will win this about 35-7.
I think Trotwood is a shell of their former self. They have a lot of Soph and Freshman playing a lot for them. Very slim older classes because they lost kids to transfers and tragedy. The young core of this team is extremely talented though. The QB has all the measurables they have a dynamic playmaker in Mike Smith who is one of the top recruits in that sophomore class. They have a Freshman defensive end that is very good. they also have a very talented group of receivers. What they don't have is the luxury of the offseason the last couple of years so the kids they have playing are literally learning it on Friday's. Believe it or not I am really proud of the way they have managed the season. That pass against Harrison when they didn't have any time outs is the difference between them having a winning record with a team that behind on development.

Bellbrook 42 Trotwood 14. Only thing Trotwood has is speed and athleticism, but I don't see them disciplined to shut down the wing t.

Bellbrook 42 Trotwood 14. Only thing Trotwood has is speed and athleticism, but I don't see them disciplined to shut down the wing t.
Trotwood did not give up that many points to Fairmont, Lasalle or Winton Woods and other than the Fairmont game which was like game 2 or 3, the games were not over until Quarter 4. I hope Bellbrook is not thinking this is an easy one. That could be a huge mistake. Youth is what is hindering Trotwood, not talent, youth. And by game 11 youth gets seasoned. I am not quite sure Trotwood wins because it may just be too much for Freshmen and sophomores to manage. But an A-- whooping??? Nah, that will likely not happen at all.

Trotwood did not give up that many points to Fairmont, Lasalle or Winton Woods and other than the Fairmont game which was like game 2 or 3, the games were not over until Quarter 4. I hope Bellbrook is not thinking this is an easy one. That could be a huge mistake. Youth is what is hindering Trotwood, not talent, youth. And by game 11 youth gets seasoned. I am not quite sure Trotwood wins because it may just be too much for Freshmen and sophomores to manage. But an A-- whooping??? Nah, that will likely not happen at all.
I refer to TM’s culture often; part of it is that they DO NOT back down from anyone.
21-20 TM.

Trotwood does have a decent defense that has kept them in some ball games, but their offense on the other hand needs work - been shut out 4 times. They played some decent teams but the only notable win is Dunbar. If Bellbrook can keep their offense on the field, then ill say 35 -7 Bellbrook.

Trotwood has size up front on defense and surprisingly has developed some pretty good depth. So I would not just say they have speed and athleticism only. Tomorrow we will find out if it is the mismatch that Bellbrook appears to think it is or will it be an uprising of young billy goats. Hoping for the Rams victory.

I personally do not want Bellbrook to win, but Trotwood was down last year and got exposed by Alter in probably their worse loss in a decade. Curious to see the play-calling by Jeff Graham tomorrow night

I personally do not want Bellbrook to win, but Trotwood was down last year and got exposed by Alter in probably their worse loss in a decade. Curious to see the play-calling by Jeff Graham tomorrow night
You can't reference last year at all. C'mon man. No off season, no preseason and started football week six. That was a disaster waiting to happen. Was on the verge of being dangerous. If Trotwood had more of a normal year last year that Alter game would have looked a whole lot different. Alter never stopped last year they were peaking and in reality Trotwood was really on game 2. Makes no logical sense that people believe that was a valid season..

Trotwood has size up front on defense and surprisingly has developed some pretty good depth. So I would not just say they have speed and athleticism only. Tomorrow we will find out if it is the mismatch that Bellbrook appears to think it is or will it be an uprising of young billy goats. Hoping for the Rams victory.
I honestly don't know a prediction for tonights game. I will be sitting on Bellbrooks side. Interesting to see how Trotwood will attack Bellbrook with their speed. Trotwood has a ton of speed that can be very dangerous if they find holes in the eagles defense. On the other hand, Ashton Ault, Seth Borondy, and Nick Etienne in the backfield is dangerous and powerful. Bellbrook does a good job of using them effectively. I feel like both teams will struggle on defense. Anyone else attending the game?

I honestly don't know a prediction for tonights game. I will be sitting on Bellbrooks side. Interesting to see how Trotwood will attack Bellbrook with their speed. Trotwood has a ton of speed that can be very dangerous if they find holes in the eagles defense. On the other hand, Ashton Ault, Seth Borondy, and Nick Etienne in the backfield is dangerous and powerful. Bellbrook does a good job of using them effectively. I feel like both teams will struggle on defense. Anyone else attending the game?
I’ll be there

I was at the Fairmont - trotwood game .
fairmont and Bellbrook coaching staffs are mirror images
2 of the best in the area , they squeeze every bit out of their rosters and make them work as hard as any teams in the state at practice and in the weight room . There are some mutual friendships in the coaching staffs and communication is happening .
obviously Bellbrook doesn’t run the triple but they do run the wing t and have a host of backs to throw at trotwood , in all honesty I’d give the slight edge to bellbrooks backfield . Fairmont controlled the game and line of scrimmage . I believe trotwood only had 2-3 possessions the entire night . Bellbrook will take that template and run with it , they will absorb clock and finish drives . Offensively trotwood struggles when they play a well coached disciplined defense that has all 11 guys flying to the ball , and their playing calling is somewhat questionable , a lot of stuff to the flats , Bellbrook backers will eat that up .
I sknt see 35-0 like Fairmont but I do see a double digit win 10-17 points , trotwood will score and I’m sure they may hit a homer here or there but Bellbrook is senior heavy , with possibly a better staff, more experienced these days with their scheduling and continuous playoff appearances ans last years run
Bellbrook won’t be intimidated.
this is just another CJ to them .
the more mature and prepared team wins

Bellbrook by 10-17

I’ll be there

I was at the Fairmont - trotwood game .
fairmont and Bellbrook coaching staffs are mirror images
2 of the best in the area , they squeeze every bit out of their rosters and make them work as hard as any teams in the state at practice and in the weight room . There are some mutual friendships in the coaching staffs and communication is happening .
obviously Bellbrook doesn’t run the triple but they do run the wing t and have a host of backs to throw at trotwood , in all honesty I’d give the slight edge to bellbrooks backfield . Fairmont controlled the game and line of scrimmage . I believe trotwood only had 2-3 possessions the entire night . Bellbrook will take that template and run with it , they will absorb clock and finish drives . Offensively trotwood struggles when they play a well coached disciplined defense that has all 11 guys flying to the ball , and their playing calling is somewhat questionable , a lot of stuff to the flats , Bellbrook backers will eat that up .
I sknt see 35-0 like Fairmont but I do see a double digit win 10-17 points , trotwood will score and I’m sure they may hit a homer here or there but Bellbrook is senior heavy , with possibly a better staff, more experienced these days with their scheduling and continuous playoff appearances ans last years run
Bellbrook won’t be intimidated.
this is just another CJ to them .
the more mature and prepared team wins

Bellbrook by 10-17
by reading that analysis, im going to probably side with bellbrook also. Im assuming you'll be on the home side?

"We beat CJ last year..."
"Our coaches and Fairmont's coaches are close"

This ain't last year and we ain't CJ. Regarding the thing about the coaches? I mean, I guess. Are they going to be on the sidelines tonight? Maybe a Zoom situation? Otherwise I'm not sure how that's going to help you.

All cheekiness aside- this is going to be a good game. I think Trotwood's youngsters have been thoroughly baptized, having played the likes of Winton Woods, Withrow, La Salle, and Fairmont this year and will be ready to play. Also, Bellbrook is definitely going to be looking to prove a point tonight. Nobody becomes 8-2 by accident, so we know we're facing a good football. This weather is going to make it interesting also. I got the Rams in a smashmouth game.

"We beat CJ last year..."
"Our coaches and Fairmont's coaches are close"

This ain't last year and we ain't CJ. Regarding the thing about the coaches? I mean, I guess. Are they going to be on the sidelines tonight? Maybe a Zoom situation? Otherwise I'm not sure how that's going to help you.

All cheekiness aside- this is going to be a good game. I think Trotwood's youngsters have been thoroughly baptized, having played the likes of Winton Woods, Withrow, La Salle, and Fairmont this year and will be ready to play. Also, Bellbrook is definitely going to be looking to prove a point tonight. Nobody becomes 8-2 by accident, so we know we're facing a good football. This weather is going to make it interesting also. I got the Rams in a smashmouth game.
The only comparison between CJ and Trotwood is the Fairmont game and CJ played that closer. I think both CJ and Trotwood have improved from last year, but I still wouldn't put them on Bellbrook's level. In terms of smash mouth, Bellbrook will roll the Rams all the way into next season. 42-7 Bellbrook.

The only comparison between CJ and Trotwood is the Fairmont game and CJ played that closer. I think both CJ and Trotwood have improved from last year, but I still wouldn't put them on Bellbrook's level. In terms of smash mouth, Bellbrook will roll the Rams all the way into next season. 42-7 Bellbrook.
You could be right on when it comes to Bellbrook advancing to the next round. They will not beat Trotwood by 30+ points

Bellbrook coaches I've spoken with are optimistically cautious about tonight. Jenkins remembers 2014 and while the rams aren't that same program, the staff and players aren't taking this matchup lightly. I look for them to load up the box and grind it out. Not sure I'm educated Enough to give a score but the homer in me says BB pulls out a close one.