Tri-County League Football history

Thanks ohiopup

That helped me find a few of missing games by finding the other school's yearbooks. Every little bit helps.

Just off the top of my head from when I started going to games as a youngster:
1988 C-View
1990 Lisbon
1991 C-View
1992 Leetonia
1994 Columbiana
1995 Lisbon
1995 C-View
1997 Columbiana
2002 EP
2005 C-View

Lisbon has a state championship. Although, there were many Southern Local players on that team due to a strike at Southern.

I was going through some files a few weeks ago and found my copy of the Tri-County League football history.

This is the former league in Columbiana, Mahoning, Stark and Jefferson counties from 1932 through 2006.

Schools that were members at one time included Boardman, Columbiana, Lisbon David Anderson, East Palestine, Leetonia, Louisville, Sebring McKinley, Minerva, Poland Seminary, Bergholz Springfield, United Local, Beaver Local, Southern Local, Stanton Local, Toronto, Wellsville and Crestview (Wikipedia list may be missing someone)

This package is 79 pages long and includes the game results of each league team from 1932 through 2001 along with all league teams and some history on the formation of the leauge.

I think I obtained this copy from someone on this site or on the huddle. But there have been a few posts lately about people looking for scores so I went and scanned the package in to a single pdf.

This is a very large file - too big to be attached to this post.

If you would like a copy of the pdf, please send me a message through this site along with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.
Please send me a copy to beckmcpr@gmail.com.

Oh good old Mingo Junction! They had the Penn State uniforms! Mogadore played them in a playoff game . Don't remember the year. Mogadore won. I believe the game was at.N. Canton Hoover. Too bad they had to consolidate and become part of Indian Creek...

Did Mingo play TCL teams with any regularity? I know they played us in 1990, maybe United or Lisbon at some point as well?

Yes. Awful drives, especially in the winter.
I was around 8yo at the time when I first started to go to Bball games with my dad, so I don't really remember those drives much. I was just thrilled to be going to a game with him. It was around the era of Toby Neiheisel, Tom Fittante, and Mark Chaimberlain. You guys had a real tall guy. Kerr I think was his name. I remember the Sebring vs C-View games were always a big deal and a packed house! I do believe we even played in the district final or semi-final at Canton. We jumped out to a quick lead but you guys ended up winning by 2 or 3?

I remember Neilheisel, Fittante, and Chamberlain. They could play. At the time, Sebring had Shawn Jackson, Bobby Baker, and the Kerrs. I think it was 1987 when Sebring beat Crestview in a district final in Canton. I remember Crestview's scorekeeper at the time. A good guy. Is he still alive?

I remember Neilheisel, Fittante, and Chamberlain. They could play. At the time, Sebring had Shawn Jackson, Bobby Baker, and the Kerrs. I think it was 1987 when Sebring beat Crestview in a district final in Canton. I remember Crestview's scorekeeper at the time. A good guy. Is he still alive?

I think so. It could be 1 of 2 people. Gary Martin or Don Guy. Both great guys. Gary Martin did the starting lineups and was the PA announcer for the football games as well until Mr. B took over when he retired as AD. Don Guy might have been the scoreboard operator.

Last edited:
I think so. It could be 1 of 2 people. Gary Martin or Don Guy. Both great guys. Gary Martin did the starting lineups and was the PA announcer for the football games as well until Mr. B took over when he retired as AD. Don Guy might have been the scoreboard operator.

It was Gary Martin. Is he still kicking?

I was going through some files a few weeks ago and found my copy of the Tri-County League football history.

This is the former league in Columbiana, Mahoning, Stark and Jefferson counties from 1932 through 2006.

Schools that were members at one time included Boardman, Columbiana, Lisbon David Anderson, East Palestine, Leetonia, Louisville, Sebring McKinley, Minerva, Poland Seminary, Bergholz Springfield, United Local, Beaver Local, Southern Local, Stanton Local, Toronto, Wellsville and Crestview (Wikipedia list may be missing someone)

This package is 79 pages long and includes the game results of each league team from 1932 through 2001 along with all league teams and some history on the formation of the leauge.

I think I obtained this copy from someone on this site or on the huddle. But there have been a few posts lately about people looking for scores so I went and scanned the package in to a single pdf.

If you would like a copy of the pdf, please send me a message through this site along with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.
Hello YSUindy:
I am a librarian with the Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County. We have just had a library customer ask us for information about this league which we do not have collected within our library. We would greatly appreciate receiving a copy of the Tri-County League Football History you have made. We have two email addresses: reference@libraryvisit.org (which is our official email, but this forum registration process was blocked when I tried to register that account) or you can send it to our gmail account: library.instructor.is@gmail.com
I hope that you still have your pdf document and are willing to share it with us.
Yours truly,
Sara Churchill
Information Services Librarian
Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County
web: https://www.libraryvisit.org
emails: reference@libraryvisit.org and library.instructor.is@gmail.com

Hello YSUindy:
I am a librarian with the Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County. We have just had a library customer ask us for information about this league which we do not have collected within our library. We would greatly appreciate receiving a copy of the Tri-County League Football History you have made. We have two email addresses: reference@libraryvisit.org (which is our official email, but this forum registration process was blocked when I tried to register that account) or you can send it to our gmail account: library.instructor.is@gmail.com
I hope that you still have your pdf document and are willing to share it with us.
Yours truly,
Sara Churchill
Information Services Librarian
Public Library of Youngstown & Mahoning County
web: https://www.libraryvisit.org
emails: reference@libraryvisit.org and library.instructor.is@gmail.com

Hi Sara - email sent with the requested information!

Dave

Would you be able to send this to my email hallthewall@yahoo.com? I'm putting together a history of East Palestine Football & would love to look through it!
Thanks,
Jim