Trevor Bassitt wins 3 D2 national events.

CC Track Fan

The Bluffton HS grad winning both the men's 60 hurdles in 7.83 seconds and the men's 200 dash in a meet-record 20.48 seconds. That put him at 10 career All-American citations, and those were D-II national titles No. 3 and 4 and was a member of the winning 4x4 team. He also picked up points in 60 dash finishing third (6.76 seconds) and was a member of the 5th place DMR. Leading Ashland to its 3rd straight D2 title.

I believe his best event in the 400H and had a Olympic Trails qualifying time last year.

The Bluffton HS grad winning both the men's 60 hurdles in 7.83 seconds and the men's 200 dash in a meet-record 20.48 seconds. That put him at 10 career All-American citations, and those were D-II national titles No. 3 and 4 and was a member of the winning 4x4 team. He also picked up points in 60 dash finishing third (6.76 seconds) and was a member of the 5th place DMR. Leading Ashland to its 3rd straight D2 title.

I believe his best event in the 400H and had a Olympic Trails qualifying time last year.
Bassitt was incredible over the weekend! His 26 individual event points alone would've tied for 6th in the men's team standings.

In addition to Bassitt's dominating performance, these were the other DII All-Americans from Ohio:
Rachel Miller, Ontario HS, Ashland, 5th in the 400
Mackenna Curtis-Collins, Lexington HS, Malone (via U. of Akron), 3rd in the 3000
Alexa Leppelmeier, Pettisville HS, Walsh, 7th in the 3000
Dakota Stamm, Archbold HS, Hillsdale, 2nd in the 4x400
Alanna O'Leary, Lehman Catholic HS, Hillsdale, 2nd in the 4x400
Shura Ermakov, Berea-Midpark HS, Hillsdale, 2nd in the 4x400
Jessica Eby, Orrville HS, Grand Valley St, 1st in the DMR and 4th in the 4x400
Mercedez Francis, Trinity HS, Tiffin, 2nd in the high jump
Marisa Gwinner, Galion HS, Tiffin, 3rd in the high jump
Brooke Mangas, Ottoville HS, Findlay (via Ohio State), T6th in the high jump
Ndidiamaka Anaraodo, Worthington Kilbourne HS, Walsh, 5th in the shot put

Tim Rumas, Big Walnut HS, Ashland, 1st in the 4x400, 5th in the 200, and 6th in the 60
Xavier Marable, Northmont HS, Findlay, 8th in the 400
Ian Johnson, Beavercreek HS, Ashland, 5th in the 1600 and 5th in the DMR
Jake Hall, Maplewood HS, Ashland, 5th in the DMR
Brayden Chaney, West Holmes HS, Ashland, 1st in the 4x400
Nick Curtiss, Lancaster HS, Tiffin, 2nd in the shot put
Brent Fairbanks, Austintown Fitch HS, Ashland, 4th in the weight throw
Travis Moore, Marietta HS, Ashland, 3rd in the heptathlon

I am sorry if I missed any Ohio natives who achieved All-American status. Admittedly, I did not examine the placers from outside of the GMAC and GLIAC too closely beyond whether or not I recognized the name.

Last edited: