Tres Barksdale named in Plain Dealer top 2011 recruits

Hurri-Comet

Hmmmm! Barksdale is named in Plain Dealer's, Tim Warsinsky's column Friday Feb. 4rth, having to do with question asked, about who were the top seniors to be next season as Div. 1 recruits. Hoff and Stock not mentioned? Tres the only Comet named???? :Ohno:

It's not nice to fool with Meta and Hurri, ask Mother Nature. :soapbox:

It was bound to happen

Ah Ha, I'm not Mother Nature but in the summer before Tres Barksdale's Soph year, I reported that he was a very good defender (at that time) and that he may have more success than his older brother. Warsinky feels the same and it is not to slight others. They'll do well without a PD reporter chimimg in. Way to go Tres!

BTW, is this some kind of Comet football record having 4 guys go on to D-1 programs even though one will be in field events for track? Very impressive so far and maybe still another one to advance in football.

Dayton didn't get any Comets but they did get a commit from Colin McMananon, WR from St. Ed who you guys saw play.

Tres Barksdale has an older brother? He does have a younger brother Drew, who is a junior next season. The younger brother has played more defense. Tres is a fabulous receiver, but he didn't get near the receptions he deserved last year, then got hurt before the playoffs and missed all the games. We sure could have used them against St. Edward.

My point was Warsinsky "dissed" Nate Hoff, and Austin Stock, whom are both being recruited heavily. I noticed Warsinsky had the Mentor tight end in his report.

Mixed up,,,again

My bad. Sorry. I was trying to say that Drew could have the most success of the brothers.

Maybe I should agree that Warsinky's list was not so good. Maybe Tres doesn't belong there. He could by season's end if the QB can get the ball his direction.

Tres belongs alright, believe me . But Hoff and Stock belong also.

Let's let it go. The next season will prove which players will be top recruits. What's the rush. Plain Dealer did not have score of Solon-Parma game last night. Nor did they have box score. Nor did they have the game @ Nordonia tonight. Freaking amazing.

Tres belongs alright, believe me . But Hoff and Stock belong also.

Let's let it go. The next season will prove which players will be top recruits. What's the rush. Plain Dealer did not have score of Solon-Parma game last night. Nor did they have box score. Nor did they have the game @ Nordonia tonight. Freaking amazing.

Sorry, I'm a little late here. If Tim Warsinskey doesn't think that Nate Hoff and Austin Stock are among the Cleveland area's top seniors in 2011, then he is either:

A. A Solon hater.

B. A Mentor shill whose nose is so far up Triv's backside that he can't see any color other than red.

C. A moron.

D. All of the above.

Hoff, Stock and the rest of the Solon team will prove Warsinskey wrong, as usual.

Go Comets!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

CJ goes RMU

They may be playing the Flyers! CJ vs. some of his ex-teammates. :cool:

Great news about CJ Jackson planning on playing football at Robert Morris University. Not too far away, some good athletic teams, school on a hill. The football stadium is built into the side of a hill (seating on one side only). The players have to walk down (& up) long stairway to get to action.

CJ was not on the 2/3/2011 release of signed recruits. RB Duane Mitchell from Stow was listed. RMU has a few Military Academy recruits this year and always has some Jr. College transfers - I think 4 this time.

Hope CJ gets along with longtime coach and former NY Giant, Joe Walton. Most UD fans don't because he fields the dirtiest team on the schedule and he was so frustrated by losing to the Flyers he questioned the whole "no athletic scholarship claim" of the PFL schools. Yes, Janasek & Voigt will be in Moon Twp. in Sept.

Barksdales

There is one more Barksdale coming up. Gil is in 7th grade, and is as good, if not better than his brothers. Scored something like 25-28 (don't know the exact number) touchdowns for the comets 7th grade undefeated team.
All three are also really good lacrosse players as well

There is one more Barksdale coming up. Gil is in 7th grade, and is as good, if not better than his brothers. Scored something like 25-28 (don't know the exact number) touchdowns for the comets 7th grade undefeated team.
All three are also really good lacrosse players as well

I've heard great things about the youngest Barksdale brother. I don't remember his first name, however. Could you please remind me?

It's good to know that the seventh graders were unbeaten. People tell me that the eighth graders were really talented, too. That means the pipeline will keep pumping good football players up through the program.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Tres and Drew Barksdale together on the 2011 Solon varsity. Tres could be first team all-Ohio if our quarterbacks can get the ball in his hands consistently.

What we saw from Drew toward the end of the season is just a sampling of what he can do. I saw every one of his freshman games and believe me, he's got as much talent as Tres. Put them on the field together and they will be fabulous.

Add Cory Stuart to the mix and you've got one of the top receiver corps in the state. I might be wrong on this but I believe Cory's 47 catches in 2010 broke Solon's single season reception record. :)

Go Comets!!

Last edited:
awh

All this preseason hype has helped me make it through this off season...Let's go already!!! Friday nights at Stewart Field are really special....

Go Comets!!! :cool:

BTW...any news on week 3???

All this preseason hype has helped me make it through this off season...Let's go already!!! Friday nights at Stewart Field are really special....

Go Comets!!! :cool:

BTW...any news on week 3???

As far as I know, we're still looking for a Week 3 opponent. At this point, anything is possible. We might have to look out-of-state, or we may be stuck with a nine-game schedule.

Quel horreur!! :eek:

I've heard great things about the youngest Barksdale brother. I don't remember his first name, however. Could you please remind me?

His name is Gil.
The 8th graders started out slow, but came around. Wound up beating an undefeated Hudson team to end the season.

The 8th graders ARE loosing their QB/LB for next year...Going private

It's about time Tres got a D1 offer. I understand that college programs are being cautious about Tres because of last year's foot injury. However, he proved he was healthy this past lacrosse season.

I'm sure Tres will get plenty of offers in the next few months. :)