TRC Game of the week...(7-1) Milton-Union vs (6-2) Northridge

Bless Em All

These two old SWBL rivals are tied for first place in the new TRC. Northridge is coming in off of a rough game with Troy Christian 28-14. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs have been totally dominating the league, outscoring TRC opponents 221-16 with their latest victim being Bethel, 45-0.
This is a banner year for the Bears, who haven't had a winning season in several years. Winning at Milton this Friday night would give them the lead in the league and likely secure their first-ever league title in football in school history.
For Milton, it would mark their first conference title since 2012 and their 20th in school history.
Northridge's last victory over Milton was in 1974. There was a 20-year lapse in the series.

Last edited:

I know the Riverside community is anxiously awaiting the outcome of this game. The Pirates have been playing their best ball since the Northridge loss. This matchup is huge, wish it was a Thursday night matchup because I want to watch this and my Pirates on Friday. I’d expect a real good high school football game. Feel like Milton has the talent and coaching to slow Turpin down.

Can't see Northridge extending their Cinderella season. A rested and relaxed Milton should be 3 scores better than ridge. Winner is guaranteed a minimum of a tie for league title.

D4, Milton had a good night vs Bethel. I think the difference in talent and numbers helped the Dogs.
Bethel dresses like, 25? I expected a much bigger team.
The stadium there was very small. Again, shocker to me.

D4, Milton had a good night vs Bethel. I think the difference in talent and numbers helped the Dogs.
Bethel dresses like, 25? I expected a much bigger team.
The stadium there was very small. Again, shocker to me.
You would think Bethel would start seeing some Wayne kids start coming their way.

Against Northridge, Milton needs to tighten up in the middle. Watching Northridge again today, Turpin looks for a small hole then hits it hard and takes off, need to contain him and be gap disciplined

I know the Riverside community is anxiously awaiting the outcome of this game. The Pirates have been playing their best ball since the Northridge loss. This matchup is huge, wish it was a Thursday night matchup because I want to watch this and my Pirates on Friday. I’d expect a real good high school football game. Feel like Milton has the talent and coaching to slow Turpin down.
He didn't have a good game vs Milton last year. The final was 39-12 Milton.
I expect a closer game this year but I think the Dogs have history and talent in their side. Dogs by a couple of td's.

The run game for Milton will get a boost if Neumeier can get healthy. He seemed banged up, still, vs Bethel. That kid is a beast when he is healthy. Elam is a stud. The two with Brumbaugh, make Milton a much better team than most think they are. They have come along way since Oakwood.
The Brown kid is really, really good too. Overall, Milton should win both of these remaining games easily. IMHO. Turpin and #5 for Northridge have wheels, stop them and you stop Northridge. I have no idea what Riverside brings to the table.

You would think Bethel would start seeing some Wayne kids start coming their way.
Wayne kids have came for basketball , but not for football in any large numbers.

The small "stadium " issue is about to be fixed as well as an all weather track etc. Perhaps moving out of 1980 style facilities and into the 2020's will restart interest. Two years from now they are supposed to be playing in the new stadium.

That will be great for the kids Milton needs an update. We really need more seating and new turf. I'd like to see the home stands doubled in size.

this is what its all about. 3 teams fighting for the title with 2 games left.

I actually believe this will be a very competitive game. Northridge has done well against every opponent they've faced this season. That also includes Oakwood which was the only team to beat the Dogs. The Bears are also familiar with MU, shouldn't be intimidated at all. I'm guessing we'll see a higher scoring, but close game. I'll go with:

Milton Union 28
Northridge 26

I actually believe this will be a very competitive game. Northridge has done well against every opponent they've faced this season. That also includes Oakwood which was the only team to beat the Dogs. The Bears are also familiar with MU, shouldn't be intimidated at all. I'm guessing we'll see a higher scoring, but close game. I'll go with:

Milton Union 28
Northridge 26
They haven't beat Milton since 74. That's intimidating. But I think you're right, they have taken bad beatings at the hands of the Dogs. Kinda like MU vs Valley View.
Milton has a really good defense. But, we will see.

Milton Union 28
Northridge 26
If we only win by 2, then we are in trouble come playoff time.

Basically this game will decide the league title or at least a share of the title. Hopefully the weather moves through and they are able y to or play tonight. Also, Milton’s crowd better by loud and large, it is not often you can have a home game deciding league.