Track predictions

DaSub

For D2 I would chang almost nothing in the places that people got last year. Pennyslvania Woodridge, St. Vincent St. Mary, and Dunbar are all perennial powers (in my mind). I'm counting on the Samuel Prakel to be the cutting edge for decent depth from Versailles to possibly hold their fourth spot.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

The folks at Woodridge are going to get a complex. First, we ship them off to Tiffin in the fall and now we're shipping them to Pennsylvania.

Since when has the topic heading stopped anybody?
I'd be willing to hear what anyone has to say about any Division, I'm just trying to get a feel of track this upcoming year.

Lets start by looking at all the defending champions

Boy's D1 Cin LaSalle They lose 3 of their 4 on their 4x800 including 800runner-up Bokeno..hurdler Coleman also graduated those two also ran legs on their 4x4 relay that accounts for just about all their 36 points

Girl's D1 Reynoldsburg with both Gause sisters returning along with hurdler Washington that gives them 4 indiivual events and two relays..which means they cold defend their title

Boy's D2 SVSM looks to have enough returning to score top 5 in four relays and score Fitzgerald in the sprints and Poholski in the mid distance. That is a good start to defending their title

Boy's D3 MCDonald will score well this year in the distance events but, this year no team is going to win a title with just distance runners, in D3. With the graduation of three event scorer Dunlap and double winner thrower Tayala....look for a team from the southern part of Ohio to become the early favorite

Girl's D3 Stubenville Central lost their chance to repeat when the best D3 hurdler ever Teddi Maslowski graduated. She accounted for 3 first 100/300 hurdles, 4x200 relay and a 2nd in the long jump. That is 38 of their 41 points.

For D3, it's kind of unfortunate, but there isn't much of a reason to even look at the teams, just find the person who can get the most first places and whatever team that person is on is the favorite to win the title. There's not a whole lot of 'team' involved, it's whoever was blessed to have (or recruit) the best and most versatile athlete.

For D3, it's kind of unfortunate, but there isn't much of a reason to even look at the teams, just find the person who can get the most first places and whatever team that person is on is the favorite to win the title. There's not a whole lot of 'team' involved, it's whoever was blessed to have (or recruit) the best and most versatile athlete.

"Recruiting" in Division 3? Never have heard of that.... In Division 3 boys Anna should be pretty good again. Also, Minster might be pretty good. I believe their 4by4 team only loses there weakest leg from last year, they could be close to the state record

Northeast D3 thoughts

I think for the first time in a while, there aren't any clear cut favorites at the Navarre Regional. McDonald has some distance but the distance races are loaded with Independence and South Range. St, Thomas is always in the mix but I think Maplewood just might have the right combo this year. With Hartman and Hake and Yoder they can score some points but I think this year 40 or 45 points could win the regional. Did I miss anybody?
(By the way the hurdle races seem to be a liitle weak.)

@jktrack The distance in Navarre is absolutely crazy this year! In the 2 mile, the top 4 from Navarre will place on podium at the state meet. Joynes, Roush, Nichols, Pelletier, Henrek, Polman, Polman, Glines, and Kunkel all have the chance to make it to state and make podium. The 4x400 should be very close this year as well. Maplewood returns everyone, South Range is always good, JFK only lost 1 runner, and St. A usually has a good team as well. Trinity could be in the mix up too! 4x800 though, I think this will go to either Maplewood or McDonald. And your right, the hurdles will be really weak this year!