Tourny forfeits???

My understanding is a team, who qualified into the playoffs but is refusing to play, is subject to having a fine levied by the OHSAA.

I have also heard that if there is a week 11 game with a vacancy in the competition (1 v 16, 2 v 15, 3 v 14...) a reasonable attempt will be made to get the 17th team (highest-rated team that missed playoffs) in as a replacement opponent. I'm not aware if that would be extended down to the 18th place team in a region, were the 17th team to pass the opportunity.

Didn't ohsaa change division alignment years ago to help with mismatches....and now they bring mismatches back by having 16 teams per region get in?....stupid

I thought the top teams in the region get a bye the first week? That will get rid of some of the mis matches

Since OHSAA gets all the playoff money, I’d love to see a bunch of teams refuse to play. I’d also like to see some teams refuse to host home game and other side as well. This would make OHSAA have to pay for a neutral site. This would only work in first two rounds but would really stick it to the money grubbing organization that seems not to be putting kids first.
Then watch your ticket prices go up. No Thanks.

Just because it became public now doesn’t mean they didn’t inform the OHSAA by 10/1.

also, if the dropped out late, the maximum fine is $50 and OHSAA could choose to not fine them anything at all. So it is possible for teams to drop out late as well.
Western Hills is one of 17 teams in R4. Another is Oak Hills, who will finish 0-10. Will they still play the #1 seed, or is that going to be a no-contest?

Just because it became public now doesn’t mean they didn’t inform the OHSAA by 10/1.

also, if the dropped out late, the maximum fine is $50 and OHSAA could choose to not fine them anything at all. So it is possible for teams to drop out late as well.
Thanks for the info.

Western Hills is one of 17 teams in R4. Another is Oak Hills, who will finish 0-10. Will they still play the #1 seed, or is that going to be a no-contest?

If oak hills wants to play, they will play. If they also opt out, it will be a bye.

Tim Stried, OHSAA director of media relations, was a guest of Mike Dyer on the WCPO High School Insider podcast and said he was "not aware" of any teams that opted out. I wonder if West High was hoping Oak Hills would beat Middletown before CPS administration decided to opt out.