Tournament Rankings & Predictions

Cincy_Futbol

Tournament draw is this week! Top teams who are poised to make a run? My thoughts below

D1: District Final Contenders

Centerville, Beavercreek, St. Xavier, Mason, Loveland, Sycamore
Centerville and Beavercreek are hard to make predictions on since they only play conference schedules. But they seem like the real deal. Mason remains undefeated. Loveland is peaking at the right time and is the only team to put a blemish on Mason’s record. St. X right in the mix.

D2: Tipp, Monroe, Wyoming, Summit, Oakwood, Bellbrook
D2 may be the most competitive of the three. So many teams posting good results. Hard to know who will make it out of Dayton! Bellbrook thing Oakwood and beating Monroe proves they are a contender worth considering.

D3: Troy Christian, Botkins, Mariemont, Madeira, Seven Hills

Mariemont still has a perfect record after their win over Oakwood. Have to believe they are a favorite for a state title. It will be interesting to see if they add Botkins meet again in a regional final.

Only familiar with D-2. Pretty spot on....but would always include Alter. There is just something about the tournament and the Knights. While Alter was beaten soundly by Monroe early in the year.....they did beat Bellbrook 2-0....so I would not write them off....ever.

Only familiar with D-2. Pretty spot on....but would always include Alter. There is just something about the tournament and the Knights. While Alter was beaten soundly by Monroe early in the year.....they did beat Bellbrook 2-0....so I would not write them off....ever.
I haven't been to an Alter game this year, but they seem to be having an unusual up-and-down season. Some nice wins, but a couple un-Alter-like losses, too. True...don't ever write them off. They have more than their share of District, Regional and State titles.

Tournament draw is this week! Top teams who are poised to make a run? My thoughts below

D1: District Final Contenders

Centerville, Beavercreek, St. Xavier, Mason, Loveland, Sycamore
Centerville and Beavercreek are hard to make predictions on since they only play conference schedules. But they seem like the real deal. Mason remains undefeated. Loveland is peaking at the right time and is the only team to put a blemish on Mason’s record. St. X right in the mix.

D2: Tipp, Monroe, Wyoming, Summit, Oakwood, Bellbrook
D2 may be the most competitive of the three. So many teams posting good results. Hard to know who will make it out of Dayton! Bellbrook thing Oakwood and beating Monroe proves they are a contender worth considering.

D3: Troy Christian, Botkins, Mariemont, Madeira, Seven Hills

Mariemont still has a perfect record after their win over Oakwood. Have to believe they are a favorite for a state title. It will be interesting to see if they add Botkins meet again in a regional final.

Big game tonight between Troy Christian and Botkins. I think Troy Christian had a hot start but is struggling of late and doesn't seem to be clicking. My prediction is Botkins: 4 Troy Christian: 1. Any other predictions for the game / insight why Troy Christian seems to be struggling?

Big game tonight between Troy Christian and Botkins. I think Troy Christian had a hot start but is struggling of late and doesn't seem to be clicking. My prediction is Botkins: 4 Troy Christian: 1. Any other predictions for the game / insight why Troy Christian seems to be struggling?

They have had some players out. They are also very young. There schedule has been very strong this year. In my mind it just takes a while for the young one to learn that there are no games you can coast. Especially when you get the noise and rankings, your going to get a lot more energy against you. Hopefully they can turn it around tonight. From top to bottom though they have the talent to beat every single team in D3. We all know it takes more than that though. They will be very real problems for a lot of teams next few years though.

I see a tie tongiht TC - 1 Botkings -1.

Last edited:
injuries, if i heard correctly. 2nd hand info though.

Tc 2, botkins 1

I'm thinking Greenon will be included in the top 3 from Dayton. I wouldn't be surprised to see them at #1/#2.