Tournament discussion/predictions?

West Brackets have been posted, but seeds aren't listed.

Division 1 West #1

#1 Beavercreek - bye
Lakota West vs. Hamilton
Wayne vs. Lakota East

Division 1 West #2

#2 Centerville vs. Middletown
Northmont vs. Kettering Fairmont

Division 2 West

#1 Bishop Fenwick - bye
Chaminade-Julienne vs. Chillicothe

Archbishop Alter vs. Edgewood
Carroll vs. Westfall

North brackets posted as well.

Division 1 North #1

#1 Jackson vs. #8 Firestone
#4 Stow-Munroe Falls vs. #5 Hudson

Division 1 North #2

#2 St Ignatius vs. #7 Brunswick
#3 St Edward vs. #6 Medina

Division 2 North

#1 Walsh Jesuit vs. #8 Toledo Scott
#5 Villa Angela-St Joseph vs. #4 St Vincent-St Mary
#3 Kent Roosevelt vs. #6 Archbishop Hoban
#2 Brecksville-Broadview Heights vs. #7 Berkshire

Predictions for Division 1

Only places I don't have chalk is X over Elder and Olentangy Orange over Hilliard Bradley

South 1 - MOELLER
West 2 - CENTERVILLE

North 1 - JACKSON
East 2 - OLENTANGY ORANGE

West 1 - BEAVERCREEK
South 2 - ST X

East 1 - OLENTANGY LIBERTY
North 2 - IGNATIUS

Predictions for Division 1

Only places I don't have chalk is X over Elder and Olentangy Orange over Hilliard Bradley

South 1 - MOELLER
West 2 - CENTERVILLE

North 1 - JACKSON
East 2 - OLENTANGY ORANGE

West 1 - BEAVERCREEK
South 2 - ST X

East 1 - OLENTANGY LIBERTY
North 2 - IGNATIUS
With these selections, it would be interesting to see the Moeller/Orange re-match in the state semis. They met in the Centerville elite and Moeller ended up winning game five 15-2!

They had the rematch last week to 10 days ago. Moeller won in 3 pretty ugly.
Oof.. 25-6, 25-16, 25-14.. Thats a big change for sure. Maybe thats not as good of a challenge as i thought. It appears that Moeller's toughest game to the state finals will be Regional Finals...

Division 2 West

#1 Bishop Fenwick - bye
Chaminade-Julienne vs. Chillicothe

Archbishop Alter vs. Edgewood
Carroll vs. Westfall
I think this is one of the most intriguing regionals. Fenwick is the favorite, but Carroll and Alter are no push overs. Per Ohioboysvolleyball.com Fenwick and Alter faceoff tonight. Should be interesting to see how that goes

Oof.. 25-6, 25-16, 25-14.. Thats a big change for sure. Maybe thats not as good of a challenge as i thought. It appears that Moeller's toughest game to the state finals will be Regional Finals...
Yeah, the Elite tournament was also day after Moeller's prom. I'm guessing that wasn't their best ball of the season.

And yeah, really sucks to be in the south region this year in D1 - 4 of the top 5 teams from this week's ranking reside there. Would have been nice to see them all at state. Same deal for D2 West - That only one of Fenwick, Carroll and Alter will make it to state sucks. But, that's the tournament. If you wanna be the champs, you gotta beat the best eventually. Just so happens that occassionally that's in your region instead of state. Whoever comes out of D2 west will be battle-hardened, I think. I know Badin is tough, but I think whoever comes out of the West is the favorite to win state.

Looks like Lasalle is heating up at the right time, taking Walnut to 5 last night. Badin is going to have to bring their A game to that final.

Centerville Elite strikes again. History question. Who is the last team to win the Elite 8 and a State title?

6/5
Division I
Game 1 - 10:00am - Moeller vs Centerville Moe in 3
Game 2 - 11:45am - Beavercreek vs Elder Elder in 3
Game 3 - 1:30pm - Jackson vs Hilliard Bradley Bradley in 4
Game 4 - 3:15pm - Olentangy Liberty vs St. Ignatius Liberty in 3

Division II
Game 5 - 5:00pm - Badin vs Fenwick Fenwick in 4
Game 6 - 6:45pm - Walsh vs Olentangy Walsh in 4

6/6
Game 7 - 10:00am - Winner Game 1 vs Winner Game 3
Game 8 - 12:00am - Winner Game 2 vs Winner Game 4

Game 9 - 2:00pm - Winner of Game 5 vs Winner of Game 6

Game 10 - 4:00pm - Winner of Game 7 vs Winner of Game 8

With my predictions for Saturday

Great D1 final. Moe's middles, especially Patterson, were too much for Elder. Pickerington Central should be embarrassed by how hot it was in that gym. Ridiculous.

It was warm, borderline uncomfortable but from what I could tell - only went up for the D1 Championship Match - they did a fine job as the host. Hopefully now that things are back to normal for the most part, they can move back to Capital U, but it's tough for a HS venue to compete with what Capital has.

Based on what I saw at the D1 tourney this weekend, I'd say the semi-finals were Walnut Hills #4 -vs- Moeller #1 and St. X #3 -vs- Elder #2. The competition from the other regions was a big step down from the 4 south schools. I'd say that other than Elder, Moeller's closest competition was Walnut and Walnut and Elder were close.

Great weekend of volleyball. So happy for Fenwick and Pete! What Moeller did from where they were at the beginning of the season to now is ridiculous. 25-11 in a State Final game against a team like Elder is something else too. Patterson had an all time state performance. Absolutely dominated. Congrats to both Moe and Elder on great seasons. (How many is this now for MVB? 9?)

This was Moeller's 9th Volleyball State Championship. Elder ranks 2nd in Division 1 with 6. X and Centerville each have 3.

From the ohioboysvolleyball website here's the all-time rankings regardless of division:
Archbishop Moeller - 9
Elder - 6
Archbishop Alter - 6 (all D2)
Centerville - 3
St Xavier - 3
Hilliard Darby - 2
Lebanon - 2
Archbishop Hoban - 2 (both D2)
Bishop Fenwick - 2 (both D2)
St Charles - 2 (both D2)
St Edward - 1
St Ignatius - 1
Norwalk - 1
Springfield Holland - 1
Hilliard Davidson - 1
Dublin Coffman - 1
Archbold - 1
Thomas Worthington - 1
Walsh Jesuit - 1 (D2)

Would've been fun if Fenwick could've represented the West in D1 as possibly the #1 seed, as I think they could've given any team in the state a run for their money with the way they were playing down the stretch. Their 3 losses this year were Elder in 4, Badin in 5 and Moeller in 4. After that, didn't drop a match and never went past 4, including wins over Beavercreek, Centerville, St. X, Alter 3 times and Badin 2 times.

A few sophomore's making big contributions with top teams in D1. Will be fun to see how they continue to progress.

Think Fenwick was right there in the mix of best teams in the state with Moeller, X, and Elder. Congrats to them!

I watched the D2 final. It was a great match through the first 2 sets, then set 3 started. Olentangy started serving and scored 2, sideout and Fenwick served 4 straight aces (5-2) and it was all over. Olentangy was playing 7 player (with libero) and didn't even look to sub when the wheels started coming off.

Gilbert was definitely the highlight show of the tournament! It will be fun to see how well he does in college.