Tournament discussion/predictions?

What do I know?

Well, it's getting close to that time of year when the tournament draws come up. Here's what I think...

South D1 - should be interesting. I think Moe and Elder are hitting their stride, X has taken a few hits lately, and Walnut Hills seems to be playing at a high level as well. Sycamore and Loveland have had great seasons, but not sure they can compete at that next level. Definitely the strongest of the regions, I'll pick Moeller and Elder to make it out as they both seem to be clicking on all cylinders lately.

South D2 - Badin is definitely the team to beat. Had big wins this season over St. X and Centerville. LaSalle isn't going to give them a free pass. They lost to Badin in four earlier in the year, and may surprise them. I'll go with Badin to make it out.

West D1 - This one could be an absolute toss up. Early on I would have said it this was Beavercreek and Centerville's cake walk, and then Northmont takes Creek to 5 and Kettering Fairmont takes Centerville to 5. you also have a Lakota East team who has some decent players as well. In the long run, I think the tougher schedule that they play will help Beavercreek and Centerville make it out

West D2 - This is by far the strongest of regions in D2. Fenwick has had a great season and looks poised to move on, but Carroll is also very good and has went four and five sets in their two losses to Fenwick, their only two losses on the season. Alter also has been playing well and could also throw a wrench into things. I predict Fenwick's setter, who is fantastic, carries them to the state tournament.

East D1 - Total crapshoot! Hilliard Bradley, Olentangy Liberty, Olentangy Orange, Gahanna Lincoln all have a say in who will make it out. Even though Darby has struggled lately they had a nice win over Orange and Olentangy. Honestly the class of the field seems to be Liberty and Bradley, and I think they will make it out.

East D2 - Should be an interesting tournament with Kilbourne, Olentangy, St. Charles, and DeSales all having really good seasons. Only one team makes it out! I'm gonna go with Kilbourne and their big lefty hitter.

North D1 - You might think this is probably the most cut and dry region when it comes to predictions. Jackson and St. Ignatius seem to be the teams to beat, although Ignatius did lose to St. Ed's in five at the beginning of the season.. I feel like Ignatius has played a tougher schedule and will help carry them to state with Jackson.

North D2 - I think there are some good matchups here but I think it comes down to Walsh Jesuit and Brecksville Broadview Heights. BBH has lost to Walsh twice in three the first time and in five the second time with a score of 15-13 in the fifth. I'm calling the upset and BBH upsets Walsh to make it to state.

Well, it's getting close to that time of year when the tournament draws come up. Here's what I think...

South D1 - should be interesting. I think Moe and Elder are hitting their stride, X has taken a few hits lately, and Walnut Hills seems to be playing at a high level as well. Sycamore and Loveland have had great seasons, but not sure they can compete at that next level. Definitely the strongest of the regions, I'll pick Moeller and Elder to make it out as they both seem to be clicking on all cylinders lately.

South D2 - Badin is definitely the team to beat. Had big wins this season over St. X and Centerville. LaSalle isn't going to give them a free pass. They lost to Badin in four earlier in the year, and may surprise them. I'll go with Badin to make it out.

West D1 - This one could be an absolute toss up. Early on I would have said it this was Beavercreek and Centerville's cake walk, and then Northmont takes Creek to 5 and Kettering Fairmont takes Centerville to 5. you also have a Lakota East team who has some decent players as well. In the long run, I think the tougher schedule that they play will help Beavercreek and Centerville make it out

West D2 - This is by far the strongest of regions in D2. Fenwick has had a great season and looks poised to move on, but Carroll is also very good and has went four and five sets in their two losses to Fenwick, their only two losses on the season. Alter also has been playing well and could also throw a wrench into things. I predict Fenwick's setter, who is fantastic, carries them to the state tournament.

East D1 - Total crapshoot! Hilliard Bradley, Olentangy Liberty, Olentangy Orange, Gahanna Lincoln all have a say in who will make it out. Even though Darby has struggled lately they had a nice win over Orange and Olentangy. Honestly the class of the field seems to be Liberty and Bradley, and I think they will make it out.

East D2 - Should be an interesting tournament with Kilbourne, Olentangy, St. Charles, and DeSales all having really good seasons. Only one team makes it out! I'm gonna go with Kilbourne and their big lefty hitter.

North D1 - You might think this is probably the most cut and dry region when it comes to predictions. Jackson and St. Ignatius seem to be the teams to beat, although Ignatius did lose to St. Ed's in five at the beginning of the season.. I feel like Ignatius has played a tougher schedule and will help carry them to state with Jackson.

North D2 - I think there are some good matchups here but I think it comes down to Walsh Jesuit and Brecksville Broadview Heights. BBH has lost to Walsh twice in three the first time and in five the second time with a score of 15-13 in the fifth. I'm calling the upset and BBH upsets Walsh to make it to state.
Agree with all of these.

Only disagreement would be North D1 being the most cut and dry. I think South D2 is the most cut and dry you can get. If Badin doesn't make it out, I'd be absolutely shocked and something would have had to have gone horribly wrong for them.

Agree with all of these.

Only disagreement would be North D1 being the most cut and dry. I think South D2 is the most cut and dry you can get. If Badin doesn't make it out, I'd be absolutely shocked and something would have had to have gone horribly wrong for them.
Agreed. I think the biggest shame is that the D2 semi-finals is South v West. If seeding plays out, that would mean that Badin and Fenwick face off here, in my opinion, the best two teams in D2.

But as Bruce Almighty has said... That's the way the cookie crumbles

Agreed. I think the biggest shame is that the D2 semi-finals is South v West. If seeding plays out, that would mean that Badin and Fenwick face off here, in my opinion, the best two teams in D2.

But as Bruce Almighty has said... That's the way the cookie crumbles
LaSalle playing much better know that they have a better libero... Could see them making it interesting for Badin.

LaSalle playing much better know that they have a better libero... Could see them making it interesting for Badin.
When i made that initial post, it did not dawn on me that LaSalle had their libero back. I still think Badin takes that match, but it becomes a much more intriguing game now!

When i made that initial post, it did not dawn on me that LaSalle had their libero back. I still think Badin takes that match, but it becomes a much more intriguing game now!
Think it becomes more intriguing, for sure, but I think Badin's offensive firepower will be too much to handle still. If LaSalle takes the first set from the adrenaline rush, I'll take Badin in 4. If Badin wins the first set, I'll take Badin in 3.

Much like D1 in the South region, I really hope the other D2 programs in the South can continue to improve and start to make things more interesting. Not to mention just adding more D2 programs would be awesome.

Much like D1 in the South region, I really hope the other D2 programs in the South can continue to improve and start to make things more interesting. Not to mention just adding more D2 programs would be awesome.
Agreed. There are a plethora that would be nice to see form the South:

Finneytown
Anderson
Turpin
Indian Hill
Kings
Lebanon
Little Miami
Mariemont
Reading
Ross
Winton Woods
Wyoming
CCD
CHCA
Summit Country Day

Finneytown
Anderson
Turpin
Indian Hill
Kings
Lebanon
Little Miami
Mariemont
Reading
Ross
Winton Woods
Wyoming
CCD
CHCA
Summit Country Day
Would be nice, but don't count on many unless OHSAA sanctions the sport.

Kings and Lebanon used to have teams (awhile back) and that would be a nice addition to the current ECC teams, but again... Seems unlikely unless someone steps up at each of these schools to really push it forward. AD's don't tend to do much without demand.

Finneytown
Anderson
Turpin
Indian Hill
Kings
Lebanon
Little Miami
Mariemont
Reading
Ross
Winton Woods
Wyoming
CCD
CHCA
Summit Country Day
I think there's a number of schools on that list with good enough athletes that could field some good programs with a little bit of time. But, yeah, like Falcon said, many Ads aren't going to care unless it's OHSAA sanctioned.

Based on Moeller's win last night. I'd assume the following ranking for the tourney:
1 - Moeller
2 - Elder
3 - St. Xavier
4 - Walnut Hills
5 - Loveland
6 - Sycamore
7 - Fairfield
8 - Oak Hills
9 - Mason
10 - Princeton
11 - Milford
12 - West Clermont

Assuming Moeller and Elder are on opposite sides of the bracket, it will be interesting to see which path X and WH decide to take. As we know the teams get to "pick" which spot in the bracket they want to go.
The "true" brackets would look like this, assuming my ranking --

1621092096017.png

1621092132564.png

Yeah, I don't see where X has an argument to be #1. Has to be Moe or Elder. Usually #1 goes to the team that wins last, although I think Elder should 1.

Finneytown
Anderson
Turpin
Indian Hill
Kings
Lebanon
Little Miami
Mariemont
Reading
Ross
Winton Woods
Wyoming
CCD
CHCA
Summit Country Day
Would be nice to have boys vball added from some of these schools.

Based on Moeller's win last night. I'd assume the following ranking for the tourney:
1 - Moeller
2 - Elder
3 - St. Xavier
4 - Walnut Hills
5 - Loveland
6 - Sycamore
7 - Fairfield
8 - Oak Hills
9 - Mason
10 - Princeton
11 - Milford
12 - West Clermont

Assuming Moeller and Elder are on opposite sides of the bracket, it will be interesting to see which path X and WH decide to take. As we know the teams get to "pick" which spot in the bracket they want to go.
The "true" brackets would look like this, assuming my ranking --

View attachment 17291

View attachment 17292
It doesn't really matter who #1 and #2 are, as they almost assuredly will be on opposite sides. #3-7 is right.
IMO #8-12 isn't quite right, but idk how much that really matters.
I think Princeton should be the 12, WC the 11, OH at 10, Mason 9, Milford 8.

My D2 South rankings:
1- Badin, 2- LaSalle, 3- McNick, 4- Royalmont, 5- Taylor, 6- RB

Draw was earlier today I believe.
Looks like D1 East brackets have been uploaded and seeds/matchups are as follows:
1. Olentangy Liberty - bye
2. Hilliard Bradley - bye
3. Gahanna Lincoln - bye
4. Olentangy Orange - bye
5. Hilliard Darby vs. 6. Thomas Worthington
7. Dublin Jerome vs. 13. Westerville Central
8. New Albany vs. 10. Pickerington Central
9. Westerville North vs. 12. Pickerington North
11. Dublin Coffman vs. 16. Upper Arlington
14. Hilliard Davidson vs. 15. Reynoldsburg
17. Mt. Vernon vs. 19. Westerville South
18. Delaware Hayes vs. 20. Dublin Scioto

D2 East:
1. Worthington Kilbourne - bye
2. St. Francis DeSales - Bye
3. Olentangy - bye
4. St. Charles - bye
5. Briggs vs. 10. Bishop Hartley
6. Bishop Watterson vs. 8. Northland
7. Licking Heights vs. 9. Olentangy Berlin
11. Centennial vs. 12. Whetstone

Division 1 South #1:
#1 Moeller - bye
#11 West Clermont vs. #12 Princeton
#5 Loveland vs. #6 Sycamore
#4 Walnut Hills - bye

Division 1 South #2:
#2 Elder - bye
#8 Mason vs. #9 Oak Hills
#7 Fairfield vs. #10 Milford
#3 St Xavier - bye

Not really surprising that Walnut Hills jumped in with Moeller, but the next two highest seeds, #5 and #6 also chose to go in that side of the bracket.

Division 1 East #1:

#1 Olentangy Liberty - bye
#17 Mt Vernon vs. #19 Westerville South
#9 Westerville North vs. #12 Pickerington North

#3 Gahanna Lincoln - bye
#14 Hilliard Davidson vs. #15 Reynoldsburg
#5 Hilliard Darby vs. #6 Thomas Worthington

Division 1 East #2:

#2 Hilliard Bradley - bye
#18 Delaware Hayes vs. #20 Dublin Scioto
#8 New Albany vs. #10 Pickerington Central

#4 Olentangy Orange - bye
#11 Dublin Coffman vs. #16 Upper Arlington
#7 Dublin Jerome vs. #13 Westerville Central

Division 2 South:

#1 Badin - bye
#5 Roger Bacon vs. #6 Royalton Academy

#3 Archbishop McNicholas vs. #4 Taylor
#2 LaSalle - bye

Division 2 East:

#4 St Charles - bye
#6 Bishop Watterson vs. #8 Northland
#1 Worthington Kilbourne - bye
#11 Centennial vs. #12 Whetstone

#3 Olentangy - bye
#7 Licking Heights vs. #9 Olentangy Berlin
#2 St Francis DeSales - bye
#5 Briggs vs. #10 Bishop Hartley

Not really surprising that Walnut Hills jumped in with Moeller, but the next two highest seeds, #5 and #6 also chose to go in that side of the bracket.
I'm assuming they think their path to the Regional Finals is easiest through Walnut and Loveland did recently take Walnut to 5