Top Ten Athletes in LaSalle History

He has been on the ballod for years...I hear from a member of the committee that they nix him each year due to where he sent his kid.

Maybe he doesn't get in becuase there are more deserving candidates. FYI, Mike Schneider got in and he also didn't send his son to La Salle.

ok, you answered that question. Now tell us why you claimed BJ was all state in three sports when he wasn't all state in a single one. Just trying to pad his stats, are we? Was he nominated for selection to this year's class?

l'll throw another name into the ring - Rodriguez Coleman. He finished the 2010 football season as all GCL, All City, All SW Ohio, and all State. Then he went on to be all State in Track in four different events. He was the first ever LaSalle athlete to qualify to state in four events (110 hurdles - 6th; 4X200 Relay - 4th; 300 hurdles - 3rd; 4X400 relay - 6th), and the fact he got on the podium and won all State honors for all four events is unheard of.

Maybe it is unfair to name him now but Jaleel Hytche could make a name for himself in LaSalle's top 10 Athletes.

What the hell guys? How could you leave off Walt Merritt? That guy had sweet skills and the athleticism to match his tiger-like approach to Gatorade distribution!

The Big Joes of the 70's

Okay, so they are not in the top ten. I still have to give a shout out to the Big Joes of the 70's. Perhaps the most well know LaSalle athlete in Cincinnanti - Big Joe Sunderman. And, maybe the tallest player ever at LaSalle, Big Joe Gampfer!

Now when athletes are more specialized in their specific sport I feel Matt Woeste might have to be talked about. He's probably not top 10 but he was amazing at La Salle. As a sophomore he started varsity football and basketball I believe. He is one of the best wide receivers in school history breaking the career receiving yards record. He also was a major part of last years state basketball championship including a tip in at the buzzer of the semi final game to give them a 2 point win. I wish he would've competed in a spring sport because he could have played baseball and ran track if he wanted.

Can't believe you'd want to dismiss Posey. Despite disgracing himself at Ohio State and then tried to dodge his suspension by entering the draft, where is NFL team enforced it anyway, he was still a great athlete at LaSalle.

Can't believe you'd want to dismiss Posey. Despite disgracing himself at Ohio State and then tried to dodge his suspension by entering the draft, where is NFL team enforced it anyway, he was still a great athlete at LaSalle.

I have mixed emotions on this post.

I am all for taking shots at the cesspool in Columbus, but not at a former Lancer.

2024 HOF class. I play soccer with Michaels dad on Tuesdays. I've seen Michael play, hell of an athlete.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 3.45.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 3.45.32 PM.png
    836.6 KB · Views: 47