Top Teams in the State

Gahanna getting a lot of love is interesting, too. Their record is great, but they haven't really played any top teams other than Walsh (Lost 0-3) and Beavercreek (Lost 2-3) at the very beginning of the year. I'd like to see how they stack up against a top team in terms of talent.
Yeah, I feel like if they played all the Olentangy's and the Hilliard's there'd be one or two more "Ls" on their record. But I'd expect them to be in the mix - GL has been a solid program with coach Sage for many years. The East region tournament will sort it out.

Looks like Moeller is rolling! Another convincing win over Centerville tonight. Also, X with a nice win over Walnut Hills, trying to get back on track. Who do u got Friday night, Moe or Elder?

Looks like Moeller is rolling! Another convincing win over Centerville tonight. Also, X with a nice win over Walnut Hills, trying to get back on track. Who do u got Friday night, Moe or Elder?
I think I'll take Elder, but I do think they'll be in for a much closer match than they might anticipate since Moe seems to be finding their footing.

i heard from someone who was at the walnut --st. x match last night. they said it was a good match. x wins in 4 -- i'm not sure of all of the scores. x won sets 1 and 2, walnut won set 3 and x won set 4 (25-23). one of walnuts middle was out for the match.

i heard from someone who was at the walnut --st. x match last night. they said it was a good match. x wins in 4 -- i'm not sure of all of the scores. x won sets 1 and 2, walnut won set 3 and x won set 4 (25-23). one of walnuts middle was out for the match.

St. Xavier def. Walnut Hills
25-15, 25-20, 23-25, 25-23​

Toomb, St X's middle, was also out. So both teams were missing a middle, although St X probabaly has better depth to fill in.

Alter is a solid team and usually gets stronger around this time of the season. Wonder if they will make a run in D2 West?
I was told that in at least one of the matchups with fenwick Alter was missing their best OH. Don’t know the kid or how talented. But it does seem like they are rounding into form. Happened last full season when Fenwick won in regular season and lost in playoffs. As has been said before, I believe in their setter this year. So still Fenwick but tight matches change on a few small plays.

So if X is 3 seed in south who do they choose- Moe or Elder?

If Moe is 3 seed who do they choose? X or Elder? Kind of depends on Friday but want to hear discussion. If lose to Elder for 0-3 they must pick X right? If they win....

If Moe is 3 seed who do they choose? X or Elder? Kind of depends on Friday but want to hear discussion. If lose to Elder for 0-3 they must pick X right? If they win....
I think you are right. If Moe is the #3 and lose to Elder on Friday, i cannot imagine them taking the Elder side of the bracket. But, if Moe loses a close game, say in 5 games, I think they are still the #2 in region. I think the only way Moe drops to the #3 is if they get beat bad.

If they win, there will be one heck of a decision on the voters. If Moe wins, one way or another, I think it goes #1 - Moe, #2 - Elder, #3 - X.

Seems Elder may have been looking ahead to Friday and almost got tripped up by Alter!
I mentioned this on the Elder board - Alter can be a tough place to play, especially for a Cincinnati team in the middle of the week. I figured they would drop at least one set, but going to 5 doesn't surprise me either. They've gone to 5 the past few times they've visited Kettering. Probably a good thing for Elder as I don't think they've gone a full 5 sets in a match this year.

If X gets to choose, I think they go Elder. Seems like they match up better there than they do against Moe.

If Moe has the choice, assuming they're 3 then I think they obviously choose X.

It'll be interesting to see what Walnut Hills does after the big 3 are locked into the bracket.

Last edited:
I think you are right. If Moe is the #3 and lose to Elder on Friday, i cannot imagine them taking the Elder side of the bracket. But, if Moe loses a close game, say in 5 games, I think they are still the #2 in region. I think the only way Moe drops to the #3 is if they get beat bad.

If they win, there will be one heck of a decision on the voters. If Moe wins, one way or another, I think it goes #1 - Moe, #2 - Elder, #3 - X.
Moeller will let the players vote. ? I'm sure the players will make the right choice. ;)