Top teams in NW Ohio 2022

Should be a nice matchup in the NBC tonight as Genoa (7-0, 3-0) takes on Otsego (6-2, 2-0) at home. Potentially a matchup of some good leftys in Dzierwa from Otsego and Witt from Genoa.

Antwerp has really looked good down in this portion of NW Ohio. Early wins over Lincolnview and Wayne Trace, they seem to be playing really good baseball on both sides of the ball.

Lincolnview has picked up steam after dropping their first three games, they've now won 7 in a row, including a big win over Ottawa Hills. Price is doing what he does, 15K's last night in a big conference matchup. Big game tonight in MAC country against New Breman.

Wayne Trace only loss to Antwerp in a non league matchup. Should be a good battle between Antwerp, Tinora and WT for the GMC title.

Should be a nice matchup in the NBC tonight as Genoa (7-0, 3-0) takes on Otsego (6-2, 2-0) at home. Potentially a matchup of some good leftys in Dzierwa from Otsego and Witt from Genoa.
I did not see a score?

I did see Rossford edged Lake by a run and Napoleon beat Perrysburg with Tackats on the mound.

NLL Standings and scores through 2 weeks

BG 3-0 Wins: NV 3-2, AW 10-1, Sp 1-0
Napoleon 3-0 Wins: PB 6-2, SV 3-2, M 11-1
Perrysburg 2-1 Wins: NV 5-1, AW 2-1
AW 2-2 Wins: Sp 13-3, SV 10-9
Springfield 2-2 Wins: M 7-0, SV 8-5
NV 1-2 Win: M 7-2
Maumee 1-3 Win: SV 8-6
SV 0-4

Last edited:
How good is Eastwood? Got a glimpse of their uniforms in the Blade last week. Pretty sweet.
Very good. Overall roster depth, a lot of speed, good combination of guys that get on base and guys that drive in runs. Most important part is it seems like a team that genuinely wants to win more than build up stats. I dont think they have a top notch arm that you can roll out there and guarantee a gem but some real solid arms. Add in a coach that has been there for close to 10 years (?) and has proven success on the league and tournament level.

A lot of the these kids have played multiple sports together since grade school and that matters. From what I understand they have all not played baseball together forever as I believe they are a combination of a couple different travel and select teams, but from February-June they are all about winning for Eastwood.

Very good. Overall roster depth, a lot of speed, good combination of guys that get on base and guys that drive in runs. Most important part is it seems like a team that genuinely wants to win more than build up stats. I dont think they have a top notch arm that you can roll out there and guarantee a gem but some real solid arms. Add in a coach that has been there for close to 10 years (?) and has proven success on the league and tournament level.

A lot of the these kids have played multiple sports together since grade school and that matters. From what I understand they have all not played baseball together forever as I believe they are a combination of a couple different travel and select teams, but from February-June they are all about winning for Eastwood.
They have won some really good games close with low hits which is a sign of a really good coached up team. A team that as you say is playing for each other rather than themselves.

There is another local team that will go unnamed that is chock full of talent that is underperforming because every kid (and every dad) believes their kid will be playing for the Yankees someday. These parents actually root against other kids on their son's team out of pure jealousy. Really weird. They are all clueless of course because NWOhio has a Bowen or a Kern once every 5-10 years. It is really tough to watch kids with egos because they play "super elite travel" in the summer and think their $chit don't stink. I hate to beat that horse but it is reality.

Eastwood has a bunch of kids that have played multiple sports together for a long time and it shows. I do not care what star or PBR rating anyone has, give me those Boos kids and I will win.

Eastwood not being in the same district as Otsego helps a ton too because they can avoid Dzwiera. I expect a district final of Eastwood/Coldwater. I don't think Columbus Grove or Minster will give CW/Eastwood any trouble. Does appear Riverdale has a pretty good ace, but not sure how good he actually is if needed to beat CW/Eastwood.

Eastwood not being in the same district as Otsego helps a ton too because they can avoid Dzwiera. I expect a district final of Eastwood/Coldwater. I don't think Columbus Grove or Minster will give CW/Eastwood any trouble. Does appear Riverdale has a pretty good ace, but not sure how good he actually is if needed to beat CW/Eastwood.
The Defiance district will be something else. Archbold, Tinora, Ottawa Hills, Liberty Benton, followed by Van Buren, Evergreen, Lake and Otsego will be a tough group. Paulding, Liberty Center and Fairview are all around .500.

NLL Standings w/ wins since last post

Perrysburg 6-1 Wins: NV 7-4, M 7-0, BG 3-1, Sp 12-0
Napoleon 5-2 Wins: M 6-3, AW 11-5
*Bowling Green 4-2 Win: SV 3-1
Northview 4-3 Wins: Nap 8-1, Sp 8-3, SV 10-0
*Anthony Wayne 3-3 Win: SV 10-9
Springfield 3-5 Win: Nap 4-1
Maumee 2-5 Win: BG 7-1
Southview 1-7 Win: Sp 4-3

*BG vs AW tied 3-3 game suspended in 12th inning due to darkness

That Lake Erie Chargers summer ball team is great for the way Eastwood plays - not your typical travel team where the kids show up for tournament games and that's about it. They run the bases, play defense, bunt. Enjoyed watching them play a couple of summers ago against suburban travel teams where the moms were constantly questioning whoever was keeping Game Changer.

Man The Blade still loves to do front page articles on SJ when they win but when they lose they cannot bury it fast enough. SJ lost the other night to Clay 17-5 and a couple weeks earlier to Eastwood 10-0. The Titans now have 4 losses in league.

Man The Blade still loves to do front page articles on SJ when they win but when they lose they cannot bury it fast enough. SJ lost the other night to Clay 17-5 and a couple weeks earlier to Eastwood 10-0. The Titans now have 4 losses in league.
It's recruiting season. IF someone saves a toad in the valley, it will make the front page March to June, regardless the same or similar heroic deed in every school everywhere.

Is it just me or has it been an extremely competitive year for baseball in NWO? TRAC, NBC, NLL, Ottawa Hills, etc. all have some teams that could make some pretty great runs as we get into state tournament season.
I think last year was a bit of a down year in the NLL but I thought it was going to be as good as it had been in a while the year prior if not for Covid. The depth of teams playing good baseball is better this year in my opinion than in most years. Even the bottom team in the NLL (#8) and #7 in the TRAC, #6 NBC are able to play competitive games vs the top of the league.

I will say the NLL could be better next year from top to bottom when you look at Southview, Springfield and Maumee all relying heavily on players who will be returning while BG, Napoleon, Northview and Anthony Wayne all will return atleast one very good pitcher at the top and have solid players throughout their programs. Perrysburg loses a good senior class but obviously Waldenzak and Takats alone make them dangerous.

My teams with best shots at this years State final 4

In D1
#1 Perrysburg
#2 BG
#3 Findlay

D2
#1 Defiance
#2 Napoleon
#3 Bryan

D3
#1 Eastwood
#2 Ottawa Hills
#3 Genoa

D4
#1 Leipsic
#2 Antwerp
#3 PH

Last edited:
Clay had a brutal schedule early and a brutal start. They are cruising now. Have rattled off 6 or 7 wins and recently crushed SF, CC, SJ, Ross, and run ruled Findlay in 5 tonight. The Eagles just moved into 1st place.

Whitmer beat SJ (twice now).

I’d say each district in the Toledo area has a bunch of teams who can get ya on any given night.

Clay had a brutal schedule early and a brutal start. They are cruising now. Have rattled off 6 or 7 wins and recently crushed SF, CC, SJ, Ross, and run ruled Findlay in 5 tonight. The Eagles just moved into 1st place.

I’d say each district in the Toledo area has a bunch of teams who can get ya on any given night.
Clay is absolutely stacked. Hoping they can make a run in the postseason with the absolute meat grinder that is the D1 NWO districts.

Yeah, I considered putting Clay #3 in D1 over Findlay but I thought playing NV and Perrysburg was a tougher route than Whitmer and BG but the Eagles have definitely put it together.

D1
Northview vs. Clay
Perrysburg vs. Southview

St Johns vs. Findlay
Bowling Green vs. Anthony Wayne

D2
Defiance vs. Ottawa Glandorf
Napoleon vs. Van Wert

D3
Tinora vs. Archbold
Lake vs Ottawa Hills

Eastwood vs Minster
Coldwater vs. Lima Bath

Genoa vs Margaretta
Edison vs Wynford

Some really good matchups this week.
PB over SV 6-2
Clay over NV 2-1

SJJ 8 Findlay 5
BG 3 AW 2

Defiance 4 OG 1
Napoleon 2 VW 1

Archbold 3 Tinora 0
Lake 5 OH 4

Eastwood 8 Minster 2
Coldwater 7 Bath 3

Genoa 3 Margaretta 1
Edison 2 Wynford 0

Clay has thrown 11 shutouts total, including 5 in a row and 8 of their last 9. Pretty sure most of their arms are young too. Nice streak.

Northview defeated Anthony Wayne 5-1 to move on to the regional finals.

With Northview’s District title this year 6 of the 8 NLL schools have won a district title since 2017 (last 5 seasons). Northview is the 4th NLL school to reach a regional final in that span.

Final NLL standings
1.) Perrysburg 11-3
2.) Northview 10-4
3.) Bowling Green 9-5
4.) Napoleon 8-6
4.) Anthony Wayne 8-6
6.) Maumee 5-9
7.) Springfield 3-11
8.) Southview 2-12

Krouse vs Price tonight in Hamler for the regional finals.

Lincolnview won 8-1 vs Leipsic yesterday

Antwerp won 11-1 against Plymouth and finished with a HUGE 7th inning.