Top 10 active all time scorers

Empty CUP

We were at the game Saturday when Little Murphy the EKU Commit broke 100 lifetime points in Mariemont's shutout vs. a bad Reading squad and some of us were talking about past great scorers from the CHL. Both Podojil sisters and Jackson from the Hill. Jervier and Hampton from Wyoming. Megowen, and now Murphy from Mariemont. Madeira's Heisser and Wyrick. It got me thinking about the top overall scorers from the area we have now, and who they are

So here's the current top 10 in the region, a couple surprises.

Interesting that Kuerze Oak Hills stud and Ebrach from Waynesville are on pace to possibly chase down some of the biggest lifetime area numbers 200ish or more from some past greats around the area who went on to play solidly in the high level collegiate ranks. IF Moorman has a good playoffs she could break 200 points!

Podojil from Indian Hill and OE ECNL now at Arkansas with 285. Renie from CCD and OE ECNL now at Tennessee with 283, Huber from CHCA and OE ECNL now at UD with 236, Pittman from Harrison and TFA NL now at UC with 196. Lord only know where Jones and Dudukovich would have ended points wise had they played all 4 years.

Erbach has more points as a sophomore than all of them did as sophomores except Podojil, though the year is not up yet.

The fantastic TFA Freshman from Oak Hill Pennekamp is on her way just behind Erbach's Freshman numbers from last year.

7 seniors
2 Juniors
1 Sophomore

1. Jada Moorman / Senior / CCD / 72 Goals / 172 Points / OE ECNL
2. Dara Russo / Senior / Miamisburg / 61 goals / 153 Points / Galaxies NL
3. Sophia Kuerze / Junior / Oak Hills / 54 Goals / 132 Points / KHA ECNL
4. Samantha Erbach / Soph. / Waynesville / 52 Goals / 119 Points / OE ECNL
5. Payton Koeebe / Senior / Reading / 48 Goals / 113 Points / OE ECNL
6. Olivia Simpson / Junior / Reading / 32 Goals / 111 Points / OE ECNL
7 Ana Garcia / Senior / Madeira / 44 Goals / 108 Points / ?
8. Emma Whitaker / Senior / Waynesville / 42 Goals / 107 Points / OE Regional
9. Maddy Murphy / Senior / Mariemont / 34 goals / 101 Points / KHA ECNL
10. Keira Erling / Senior / Fairmont / 40 Goals / 99 points. / METRO FC

I believe there are 4 D1 and 1 D2 Commit on this list.

Last edited:

We were at the game Saturday when Little Murphy the EKU Commit broke 100 lifetime points in Mariemont's shutout vs. a bad Reading squad and some of us were talking about past great scorers from the CHL. Both Podojil sisters and Jackson from the Hill. Jervier and Hampton from Wyoming. Megowen, and now Murphy from Mariemont. Madeira's Heisser and Wyrick. It got me thinking about the top overall scorers from the area we have now, and who they are

Interesting that Kuerze Oak Hills stud and Ebrach from Waynesville are on pace to possibly chase down some of the biggest lifetime area numbers 200ish or more from some past greats around the area who went on to play solidly in the high level collegiate ranks. IF Moorman has a good playoffs she could break 200 points!

Podojil from Indian Hill and OE ECNL now at Arkansas with 285. Renie from CCD and OE ECNL now at Tennessee with 283, Huber from CHCA and OE ECNL now at UD with 236, Pittman from Harrison and TFA NL now at UC with 196. Lord only know where Jones and Dudukovich would have ended points wise had they played all 4 years.

Erbach has more points as a sophomore than all of them did as sophomores except Podojil, though the year is not up yet.

The fantastic TFA Freshman from Oak Hill Pennekamp is on her way just behind Erbach's Freshman numbers from last year.

7 seniors
2 Juniors
1 Sophomore

when you say D1/D2 commit, what does that equate to in $$$? Just curious if these kids are getting money to play or just playing at the next level. Either way it’s a nice accomplishment.

when you say D1/D2 commit, what does that equate to in $$$? Just curious if these kids are getting money to play or just playing at the next level. Either way it’s a nice accomplishment.
Hard to say. Having 2 kids go through the college soccer experience I'll say without hesitation that parents lie. A LOT. They lie about what their kids do and don't get from schools because there is no outside way to validate. My oldest had nearly the whole team commit and oddly all but mine and 1 other supposedly got "full athletic rides". Seems to make parents feel good about themselves. My fairly educated guess is none of them did and I would say most of the committed D1 or D2 kids in college soccer received something, probably anywhere between 15% and 40% of the schools yearly cost in athletic money.

They may get close or even met the full cost of tuition when you include academic scholarships and odd random federal or school specific awards. But few, I mean extremely few get anywhere near full athletic money in non head count sports. They will sometimes add money to girls as they have more success with the school on the field. There are so many other benefits to being an athlete that that are both tangible and intangible.

And yes I agree, good for these girls. I'd expect 3 to 4 more of those mentioned above to commit over the next 3 months to a year.

Kaitlyn Gregory Jr Williamsburg
85 goals 186 career points

Ana Garcia plays at SQC.
Thanks on Garcia.

Not trying to be a jack a**, I don't count the SBAAC in any of my stats because they play nobody. Other than Batavia nobody in the conference has a quality win in many years and the only time the top teams in the conference play good teams is playoffs where they get smacked. It's like Greenon and Anna every year from North of Dayton. They win a lot,, they have all these top scorers. Then they play a good team and they get shutout because the top scorers are in fact not top scorers. Williamsburg's best game was against CHCA who didn't beat a team with a winning record outside of 7 hills this year until the playoffs when they played and beat.......Williamsburg. CHCA and 7 Hills fill their schedule with SBAAC Teams to pad wins. As much of a fan as I am of the freshman from Oak Hills the same could be said for her. She has tons of points and goals but only against really bad teams. the GMC is an anomaly this year however.

Thanks on Garcia.

Not trying to be a jack a**, I don't count the SBAAC in any of my stats because they play nobody. Other than Batavia nobody in the conference has a quality win in many years and the only time the top teams in the conference play good teams is playoffs where they get smacked. It's like Greenon and Anna every year from North of Dayton. They win a lot,, they have all these top scorers. Then they play a good team and they get shutout because the top scorers are in fact not top scorers. Williamsburg's best game was against CHCA who didn't beat a team with a winning record outside of 7 hills this year until the playoffs when they played and beat.......Williamsburg. CHCA and 7 Hills fill their schedule with SBAAC Teams to pad wins. As much of a fan as I am of the freshman from Oak Hills the same could be said for her. She has tons of points and goals but only against really bad teams. the GMC is an anomaly this year however.
In girls soccer there is so much disparity between the haves and have nots, especially in league play. In our league there are 3-4 games each year where the score is only limited by the 80 minutes od game time and the amount of mercy in the coach's heart that day. Not point at anyone specific but with these huge numbers, how many were against bad teams?

coaches are always padding stats.
Take a look at Loveland team stats… more assists than goals. Funny. Quite the liberal interpretation on the rules.

coaches are always padding stats.
Take a look at Loveland team stats… more assists than goals. Funny. Quite the liberal interpretation on the rules.
It's not a liberal interpretation, if NFHS (like NCAA) permits double-assists (i.e., "hockey assists") then it is permitted by the rules. It has nothing to do with an "interpretation" since the rules state they are permitted.

Should they be permitted...that is another thread itself. Who and how they score them...that is another thread itself.

It's not a liberal interpretation, if NFHS (like NCAA) permits double-assists (i.e., "hockey assists") then it is permitted by the rules. It has nothing to do with an "interpretation" since the rules state they are permitted.
I’ve played my entire life, my kids played through college, I watch way too many EPL and MLS games, and I’ve never heard of a double assist in soccer. That doesn’t really mean much, except in my experience it’s not a very common way to award points.
I was talking with another dad about this, he said the rules state it’s acceptable for coaches to review each goal and the circumstances of the goal, and determine if a 2nd assist is warranted. That’s fine, I’m not researching the rules. And now I know more.
The Loveland coach has awarded this double assist at least 5 times, in 46 goals. That 9% is unusually high, in my opinion, and a liberal interpretation of the rules. I didn’t say it was wrong, just that coaches pad stats in many ways.

Taken from the NCAA rule book. Seen multiple assist several times in college. Not saying coaches never pad but this example doesn't bother me.

Article 1. An assist is awarded for a pass leading directly to a goal. Not more than two assists may be credited on any one scoring play. Each assist shall count one point in the player’s statistical record. (1) If a scoring play consists of two consecutive passes without a defender gaining control of the ball, two assists may be awarded, provided the second player does not have to elude a defender to make the final pass. Both passes must have a direct influence on the outcome of a goal scored. If the second player needs to elude a defender before passing to the goal-scorer, credit only that assist

Sleeping on it I thought I would take another look at Ms. Gregory to see if I was being fair by not counting her. So I looked at it like this. giving points for each category. Comparing her against 2 of the better scorers in the area, from same size schools that both lead their respective conference in goals and points. Both girls I mention often. Moorman has been a monster the last 2 years and nobody collects points like Erbach the last 2 years. Wanting to see quality points I came up with this.

The 3 girls I compared
Jada Moorman - D3 Senior 84 Points this year
Kaitlyn Gregory - D3 Junior 83 Points
Samantha Erbach - D3 Sophomore 76 Points

1. Games vs Opponents who are or were state ranked this year
Erbach - 9
Moorman - 4
Gregory - 0

2. Pointes earned against schools with winning record
Moorman - 42
Erbach - 39
Gregory - 14

3. Points vs larger schools (D1 and D2)
Erbach - 48
Moorman - 37
Gregory - 0

4. Points vs teams that played in the 2nd week of playoffs.
Erbach - 34
Moorman - 26
Gregory - 5

Total score combing all 4 categories

Erbach - 130
Moorman - 109
Gregory - 19

I stand by my take she has not earned mention. I may have to do this ore often because a quick look at the Reading girls reveals a very similar result.

Interesting stat I pulled after this quick review.

Erbach - 51% of points against winning teams
Moorman - 50% of points against winning teams
Gregory - 17% of points against winning teams

I’ve played my entire life, my kids played through college, I watch way too many EPL and MLS games, and I’ve never heard of a double assist in soccer. That doesn’t really mean much, except in my experience it’s not a very common way to award points.
I was talking with another dad about this, he said the rules state it’s acceptable for coaches to review each goal and the circumstances of the goal, and determine if a 2nd assist is warranted. That’s fine, I’m not researching the rules. And now I know more.
The Loveland coach has awarded this double assist at least 5 times, in 46 goals. That 9% is unusually high, in my opinion, and a liberal interpretation of the rules. I didn’t say it was wrong, just that coaches pad stats in many ways.
You aren't the only one in this discussion that can say the same regarding history in the game of soccer.

I would assume only one of us works in it though (me). NFHS and NCAA do award double assists. It's not a liberal interpretation when it is allowed. As I also mentioned, it's not always the coach who is involved in the stat keeping. The "who" that is recording them is important too. Sometimes the "who" can get it wrong. And, that is okay. If there are 5 kids who get an extra assist, is it really a big deal? Is it something to whine about as an adult?

No.

According to TSN Hockey, the 2nd assist is awarded 15% of the time. From that and other articles, in hockey 9 out of the top 10 leaders in this category are from behind the blue line and are usually defensemen. I don't have a problem with following the NCAA guidelines for soccer on this point because in soccer it is even rarer, especially caught live.

7 seniors
2 Juniors
1 Sophomore

I have noticed a trend looking at the list. All but 3 of the players listed play for small D2 or D3 schools. I wonder if there is something to that? It seems as if these numbers tend to trend to lower division schools. Even someone like PK from MND is not on this list and in my opinion she may be the best all around forward I saw this year. And for all the run she gets Manning at Milford is not on this list. I wonder how close she is to being on it? It seems to be that these very exceptional players can standout at smaller schools. It makes me curious on how some these numbers would translate if they played for like LW, Loveland, or MND?

Last edited:
That's a good question.

Not may cross overs to compare as most D3 schools don't schedule D1's. Other than Kohls and Erbach that both played Miamisburg. Kohl's scored 1, Erbach scored 3. Miamisburg has a ton of Shutouts and no single player has put more than one on them this year including Centerville, Creek and MND all 3 D1 teams and all playing in the Regionals. Erbach also scored 3 on D1 Bellbrook that took Creek to Double OT and double PK's. That said, Erbach's dad made a comment in another thread that he thinks Kohls and Russo are better forwards so take it for what it's worth.

Russo is D1 and has more goals than Kohl's this year arguably plays in as good or better of a conference and scores more on average but I know both Kohl's and Russo had added late goals in blow out games. Russo at Piqua and Springfield and Kohl's at Princeton. Badin a D2 school who's top scorer has 9 goals beat 2 GGCL schools that Kohl's played twice? and the GWOC Has Springfield and Wayne that I think an average rec team could beat. So I think it's hard to say exactly what it looks like so I think going off quality opponents like I did above is the most fair way to look at points. When I have a few minutes after the season is done I'll break them all down like that.

As quite a few of the local small school girls that have gone on to college that were scoring leaders have had success in D1 College soccer. 3 of the girls I mentioned earlier that played HS recently, D2 Indian Hill Podojil is crushing in the SEC, Rennie from D3 CCD is doing well in Tennessee, Huber is a top scorer in the A10 from D3 CHCA. are al doing exceptionally well.

So my answer is hard to really tell but objectively using just numbers Moorman and Erbach are legit and would likely do as well or possibly better with better supporting cast you usually get in high quality big schools where they are surrounded by more talented players.

I have noticed a trend looking at the list. All but 3 of the players listed play for small D2 or D3 schools. I wonder if there is something to that? It seems as if these numbers tend to trend to lower division schools. Even someone like PK from MND is not on this list and in my opinion she may be the best all around forward I saw this year. And for all the run she gets Manning at Milford is not on this list. I wonder how close she is to being on it? It seems to be that these very exceptional players can standout at smaller schools. It makes me curious on how some these numbers would translate if they played for like LW, Loveland, or MND?
Of course there is something to that. Many big schools do not have freshmen (or sophomores) playing much varsity. Even if they are good enough.

You add two years of goals and assists to a player's career, it goes a long way. Why be playing on a JVA/B team when you can play for a varsity team? It's so much better.

Of course there is something to that. Many big schools do not have freshmen (or sophomores) playing much varsity. Even if they are good enough.

You add two years of goals and assists to a player's career, it goes a long way. Why be playing on a JVA/B team when you can play for a varsity team? It's so much better.
Kohls and Russo both D1 played freshman year. Last years Top GWOC was a freshman. And a freshman leads the GMC this year.
Erbach and Moorman played each other tonight. Should have gone to watch.

Kohls is a JR this year. She played her Freshman year but was not a big part of that team. MND had several girls play their freshman year that only contributed in small amounts.