Toledo Area Basketball 22-23

Wortham has had some really good moments, with their regional semi-run in 2018-2019 where they beat that talented Whitmer team and sent Lima into OT (and almost beat them too). He also beat McDonald the next year even with that full-court pass and layup to send it into OT.

Wortham has had some really good moments, with their regional semi-run in 2018-2019 where they beat that talented Whitmer team and sent Lima into OT (and almost beat them too). He also beat McDonald the next year even with that full-court pass and layup to send it into OT.
He also beat an Uber talented SFS team.
Side note, how did anyone beat Whitmer 71-35?

Didn't look close but no mention of Bruce Smith? 500+ wins, D1 State Final appearance. Has done it at several schools.
I think we got on the younger coaches based on the original list posted a few pages back. Absolutely belongs to the top of the list.

Swanton/Patrick Henry was a good start to NWOAL play. Double OT with PH coming out on top 60-58.

Wauseon over Liberty Center 50-46 too.

Nice road trip to Arizona for the Central Catholic Fighting Irish. Beat Cleveland Heights today in the Championship game and finished the tournament 3-0. Now on to a brutal January schedule.
During the 2002-2003 basketball season, Mansfield Senior’s basketball team made what was probably the longest trip in school’s history—a 424-mile trip to Bristol, Tenn., to play in one of the Southeast’s most prestigious holiday prep tournaments—the Arby’s Classic.

Suffice to say, it was a worthwhile trip

The Tygers, coached by Gregg Collins, won its first three games by a total of seven points, defeating Rimini, a team from Italy, 62-61; Bristol (Tenn.) Tennessee High, 52-49; and Orlando (Fla.) Boone, 72-69, in two overtimes.

They lost in the finals to Marietta (Ga.) Wheeler, 68-51.

Two Mansfield players made the all-tournament team—Antonio Graves and Yima Chia-Kur.

Graves went on to play for Jamie Dixon and the Pitt Panthers in the rugged Big East, while Chia-Kur played two years of junior college ball before finishing his career at Arkansas State.

Both players had productive careers playing in Europe after college.

Maryville, Tenn., led by future Florida Gator and pro player Lee Humphrey, finished in fourth place.

Mentor was the 2012 tourney runner-up, and several Cincinnati and Dayton-area schools have played in the tourney over the years.

Google “Arby’s Classic.” It is an excellent web site.

Two years later, Mansfield Senior achieved a sparkling 24-2 record, losing in the semi-finals of the Division I state championship tournament in Columbus to Canton McKinley, 73-61.

Some of these popped out to me for next weeks slate:

Tuesday
Central 8-1 (4-0) vs Whitmer 6-4 (4-1)
Anthony Wayne 5-6 (4-1) vs Northview 9-1 (3-1)

Friday
Genoa 9-1 (6-0) vs Rossford 9-2 (6-0)
Swanton 9-1 (0-1) vs Wauseon 7-5 (1-0)
Evergreen 7-3 (1-0) vs Patrick Henry 10-1 (1-0)
St Francis 8-3 (2-2) vs St John’s 5-6 (2-3)
Findlay 8-3 (4-1) vs Lima Senior 4-3 (2-3)

Any other good ones?

If they had started the District rankings in NEO they would have gotten a lot more "feedback" on how it's working. Whether they wanted it or not.

Some of these popped out to me for next weeks slate:

Tuesday
Central 8-1 (4-0) vs Whitmer 6-4 (4-1)
Anthony Wayne 5-6 (4-1) vs Northview 9-1 (3-1)

Friday
Genoa 9-1 (6-0) vs Rossford 9-2 (6-0)
Swanton 9-1 (0-1) vs Wauseon 7-5 (1-0)
Evergreen 7-3 (1-0) vs Patrick Henry 10-1 (1-0)
St Francis 8-3 (2-2) vs St John’s 5-6 (2-3)
Findlay 8-3 (4-1) vs Lima Senior 4-3 (2-3)

Any other good ones?
OG at Lima Senor on Saturday

As I stated in the Martin RPI thread. This would be like freaking out after weeks 3 or 4 in football with computer points. It doesn’t matter and a lot will change over the next 6 weeks.

Tournament draw will be held February 5th. Seedings will be sent to schools that morning and they will have until 1pm. to appeal results. Tournament draws will begin around 2pm. Final 2 weeks of regular season do not count toward tournament seeding.

As I stated in the Martin RPI thread. This would be like freaking out after weeks 3 or 4 in football with computer points. It doesn’t matter and a lot will change over the next 6 weeks.
Northview being #1 with an opponent record of 38-57 isn’t a sample size problem.

I agree that this ranking is useless because they will change a lot, but this first rankings release does show us that beating bad teams is going to benefit you in regards to RPI.

Northview being #1 with an opponent record of 38-57 isn’t a sample size problem.

I agree that this ranking is useless because they will change a lot, but this first rankings release does show us that beating bad teams is going to benefit you in regards to RPI.

Perrysburg opponents that they have beaten 43-42 (50.5%) and Nview is 38-57 (40%). That's only a 10% gap.

As with any metric, the more data that is able to be collected over time helps to paint a clearer picture.

I will say though, NV is benefited due to their mass scheduling of TCL teams (Bowsher, Woodward, Waite, Start). Bigger schools and Start and Bowsher both have respectable W%.