Toledo Area Basketball 21-22

I see the mullet sporting Rossford big man Gavin DeWese transferred back to Eastwood and is playing football. Kind of surprised TBH as I thought Rossford had things rolling?

I see the mullet sporting Rossford big man Gavin DeWese transferred back to Eastwood and is playing football. Kind of surprised TBH as I thought Rossford had things rolling?

Believe they lost the Borovich brothers to Swanton, but Revels family (Stritch) moved to Rossford. At least that is what I heard.

If Vorst can stay healthy and play a lot of minutes Rossford will be good, but lack some depth in the post.

Believe they lost the Borovich brothers to Swanton, but Revels family (Stritch) moved to Rossford. At least that is what I heard.

If Vorst can stay healthy and play a lot of minutes Rossford will be good, but lack some depth in the post.

Need a couple of the multi-sport kids who were thinking of not playing this year to stick around...I think they'll play a lot differently without a ball-dominant PG provided they can go 8 or 9 deep.

I hear Nate Houston is back and enrolled at Emmanuel Christian, with Easter and the rest of the Glenwood kids should make them an overwhelming favorite to win a state championship.

I hear Nate Houston is back and enrolled at Emmanuel Christian, with Easter and the rest of the Glenwood kids should make them an overwhelming favorite to win a state championship.
Overwhelming favorite? There is only one basketball and this is at a school that has never accomplished anything. I am not doubting all those kids are talented, but they will be very young. Maybe by their Jr or Sr. year they will be ready to compete with the top teams, but coming out of the gates I don't see them being a favorite.

Overwhelming favorite? There is only one basketball and this is at a school that has never accomplished anything. I am not doubting all those kids are talented, but they will be very young. Maybe by their Jr or Sr. year they will be ready to compete with the top teams, but coming out of the gates I don't see them being a favorite.
Coleman is a senior and Easter won't stay for more than a year or 2, when you have (2) D1 college players on a D5 high school team, I like their chances.

Coleman is a senior and Easter won't stay for more than a year or 2, when you have (2) D1 college players on a D5 high school team, I like their chances.

Well in d5 they have a great chance. A division of their own!

2 division one players is a good starting place with a small school team. Did not know the other kid was d1 as well. They will still have to go through antwerp in the district and that will be no easy match.

That's not completely rare. I was trying without a lot of luck to find the rosters of the last three (excluding the canceled) D3 final fours to see what they're up against. Certainly should have a shot.

What's the update on head coaches in the TAAC? Years of experience?

Last edited:
The path is never easy to winning a state championship.

2019 Crestview vs Maumee Valley had 2 D1 players each....total of 4 in the regional final.

Crestview then played Richmond Heights in the state semi, who had multiple D1 players as well. One of them committed to West Virginia if I remember correctly.

Plus, you also have to get by some real good teams who may not have high end athleticism, but play great team D, don't turn the ball over and limit possessions.

Antwerp should be the favorite to get out of the Defiance district again. Landers will be the best high school player on the floor if/when they meet.

I remember going to EC's gym when it was the rubber floor gym when their current coach dominated in the late 90's. Is there a smaller gym in NW Ohio as far as overall capacity and feel?

Certainly one of the smaller gyms, but if memory serves me right EC is a hidden gym as far as concessions go. Superb offerings.

that's the rep.

I know I've been there. LONG time ago, had to be early to mid-90s when I came back to Toledo. When it was Baptist. Can't remember for sure why. Either subbing or looking for a job. I seem also for a holiday tournament. It's easier than the Catholics. None of the holy water burns but they'll look to drown you at every chance so take a snorkel.

I remember going to EC's gym when it was the rubber floor gym when their current coach dominated in the late 90's. Is there a smaller gym in NW Ohio as far as overall capacity and feel?
I believe MVCD is the smallest. EC and Vanlue are also in the running.

I like their program. Their run last year from getting slaughtered by Ohio in a most embarrassing fashion to being in the brackets was impressive. Let's see how they do this year.

TCL: Until I see some 7 footers walking down E. Broadway wearing purple and gold, I'm picking Rogers or Start. Players flow to Rogers. Start has the coaching.

So...who are the favorites to win each league in the Toledo Area this year and who can make a deep tourney run?
TAAC - Emmanuel Christian, CS behind
Anybody have any word in what shape Toledo Christian is in after losing Wensik and McWhinnie?

TRAC - SJJ, TCC/Findlay in 2nd (would not count out a deep playoff run for TCC this year at all)

NLL - Both teams with a Hunt on them look like they’re the front runners for this year. Don’t count out Southview.