Toledo Area Basketball 20-21

Northpole

I think when all this Covid mess is settled or at least contained we will see a lot of transfer activity within the Toledo area and surrounding schools already hearing a lot of chatter....players AND coaches

I think when all this Covid mess is settled or at least contained we will see a lot of transfer activity within the Toledo area and surrounding schools already hearing a lot of chatter....players AND coaches

I'll bite, what are you hearing specifically?

Having a lot of transfer activity would just be the same old, same old.

I'm more interested in if the quality of play is going to improve any.

Central grads, smh.

No, that's Central AVE going west to Spencer Sharples, not Central Cath HS on Cherry st, as it goes north to West Toledo.

many attempt few last making that jump but if it’s works out good for that kid education wise more than anything

SMH Where was it you went to school? We mght want to rule that one out.

From their own advertisement.
Central Catholic is truly a comprehensive school. We offer four types of diplomas to our students – International Football, honors Football, college prep Football, and standard football.

I had to paraphrase a bit.

Last edited:
many attempt few last making that jump but if it’s works out good for that kid education wise more than anything
Just in case things aren't official or he changes his mind, I won't share his name but he will only be a junior so if he doesn't like it I believe he can transfer back for his senior year with no penalty.

Any solid transfers out there? Whitmer coaching update? JV coach the leader since the Wortham pursuit isn’t panning out.

CC has some really good youngsters coming up do they not? Not just young Komives.
Not too many. Chico Johnson started last year as a freshman, he’s the son of Jared JJ Johnson who played at SFS, CCHS and Rogers in the mid-90’s. His uncle James played on those great SFS teams of 90-91. Kasey Hunt got a lot of minutes as a sophomore last year and Komives played JV. Not sure of the incoming landscape area wide, couldn’t even guess who the best players are or where their headed.

Not too many. Chico Johnson started last year as a freshman, he’s the son of Jared JJ Johnson who played at SFS, CCHS and Rogers in the mid-90’s. His uncle James played on those great SFS teams of 90-91. Kasey Hunt got a lot of minutes as a sophomore last year and Komives played JV. Not sure of the incoming landscape area wide, couldn’t even guess who the best players are or where their headed.
Agree, alot of smoke no fire on the transfer side. FWIW big fan of Chico, I think he can be special for CC with the right guidance on/off the court.

Agree, alot of smoke no fire on the transfer side. FWIW big fan of Chico, I think he can be special for CC with the right guidance on/off the court.
He'll be no issue off the court, comes from a great basketball family.

I've coached a lot of AAU local hoops this past couple years and I honestly think this 8th grade class is average at best. Couple nice players out at AW, few good ones in Sylvania, SJJA had a few and a few good ones in the city who are both going to Waite. Don't see anybody flocking to any of the privates, other than the SJJA kids and I believe the best one is moving out of town.

Jordan Strack reporting that Anthony Stacey is leaving BGSU to take the Whitmer job. Stacey was formerly the head coach at Medina.

So let's say a former public school player who decided to transfer to a private school for next year, based upon this news decided to move into a new home in Washington Local, what exactly would be their eligibility situation? Asking for a friend.

Divisional assignments are out for the '20-'21 season. Central drops down to Division II. Rogers remains D2.

Rossford has a larger competitive balance number than CC, SFS, SJJ, or Stritch. Rossford's CB number is the largest of any public school in the state.

Last edited:
Rossford has a larger competitive balance number than CC, SFS, SJJ, or Stritch. Rossford's CB number is the largest of any public school in the state.
Happens when your top 8 for next year will all be out of district kids, that's right, not 1 kid who grew up in Rossford will see very much of the floor until the blowouts in the NBC league are out of reach by mid 2nd quarter. Funny how the Rossford staff does nothing complain about the private schools and now they have surpassed them in recruiting, let's see how it translates on the floor. Most ex-Vorst players don't thing he's capable of coaching these kids up to with fat into D2 playoffs. What is his career Rossford record???

Will be surprised if Rossford can get by Rogers. Neal and Coleman are a match-up nightmare for anyone.

I understand the point about their top 8 being out of district, but that is more a Rossford talent issue than bringing in superstars. Solid players but I'm not sure any of them will play above the D3 level in college. No shame in that, but a good high school player from Rossford would find the floor if he is out there.

Last edited: