Tipp City

TC has the best talent they had in years.

Was this a case of Ray being asked to come in to interview or did he seek it out?

TC has the best talent they had in years.

Was this a case of Ray being asked to come in to interview or did he seek it out?
I asked a couple of friends in Tipp and the consensus was basically that any time an opening happens Ray gets an interview out of respect. Not sure how much I believe that but knowing what I do about Tipp I would not be surprised. They indicated (and I confirmed) the same is true with Butler due to his father's legacy.

Now, interviewing and seriously considering the position (from his end, not the district's) are two different things.

Tipp is in a better position than Troy Christian to make a run in the tournament. For TC to get out of the piqua sectional is a tall task.
I don't know, TC is loaded next two years. Will sectional assignment changes things with CB movement. Good thing about TC if it gets through Piqua it's easy sailing for a few rounds Tipp is blocked hard at all levels of the tourney.

Losing Z and Nolan in a short time
would devastate TC sports. They would return to be super awfull.

I don't know, TC is loaded next two years. Will sectional assignment changes things with CB movement. Good thing about TC if it gets through Piqua it's easy sailing for a few rounds Tipp is blocked hard at all levels of the tourney.

Losing Z and Nolan in a short time
would devastate TC sports. They would return to be super awfull.
Tipp win districts two years ago and had the regional semi final game all but won before imploding in the second half. Now TC may have a lot of talent but Fort Loramie won handily against them in round 2. If they can get out of piqua that will be impressive

Tipp win districts two years ago and had the regional semi final game all but won before imploding in the second half. Now TC may have a lot of talent but Fort Loramie won handily against them in round 2. If they can get out of piqua that will be impressive
TC was lead by sophomores. Tipp City had college level seniors and spit the bit. Two completely different scenarios.

TC was lead by sophomores. Tipp City had college level seniors and spit the bit. Two completely different scenarios.
You said Tipp is blocked hard and that is a tough district but they have won it recently. TC was led by one sophomore with a few others that saw minutes as they had a nice mixture of seniors, juniors and sophomores. Unfortunately until they get out of piqua which has been very difficult for any school not in the SCL advantage Tipp. If TC can get out of that sectional than you have a different story

Tipp won't have anyone as good as Knostman was for a long time. Prior to two years ago, I'm guessing you have to go back to 2006 and 2007 for their last district titles which included multiple college players including one D1 player. About a 15 year gap, and the road has gotten significantly more difficult since they folded that crappy Troy sectional and now D2 in Dayton is an open draw.

D4 Piqua is rough, but Troy Christian is going to be loaded the next couple years.

With tri village moving to d3 any chance TC moves back to Troy sectional? Was there any other movement in either sectional?

With tri village moving to d3 any chance TC moves back to Troy sectional? Was there any other movement in either sectional?
Yes...Houston also bumped up to D3 and Triad, Dayton Christian, Mechanicsburg and Covington move into D4 this year and will have to be split between Troy and Piqua. Unless they send Dayton Christian to Cincy since they are a little bit south

Yes...Houston also bumped up to D3 and Triad, Dayton Christian, Mechanicsburg and Covington move into D4 this year and will have to be split between Troy and Piqua. Unless they send Dayton Christian to Cincy since they are a little bit south
Interesting. Covington taking Houston's spot seems like a no brainer. But that's still a net gain of 2 (including TV) coming to Troy/piqua. Any chance they go to an open draw like the other divisions and still keep the games at troy & piqua?

Interesting. Covington taking Houston's spot seems like a no brainer. But that's still a net gain of 2 (including TV) coming to Troy/piqua. Any chance they go to an open draw like the other divisions and still keep the games at troy & piqua?
I think the teams at Piqua would love that and the teams at Troy would fight it, but it makes sense!

Frank Goldsberry, Longtime girls head coach and former boys head coach for Tipp is coming on as an assistant coach, along with his son.

I asked a couple of friends in Tipp and the consensus was basically that any time an opening happens Ray gets an interview out of respect. Not sure how much I believe that but knowing what I do about Tipp I would not be surprised. They indicated (and I confirmed) the same is true with Butler due to his father's legacy.

Now, interviewing and seriously considering the position (from his end, not the district's) are two different things.
Based on experience and resume Zawadski would have been the easy choice here, unless there is some kind of plan for the future as mentioned above.

Based on experience and resume Zawadski would have been the easy choice here, unless there is some kind of plan for the future as mentioned above.
I think Ray would be nuts to leave TC for Tipp. Tipp has a pretty bad reputation in terms of parents over involvement or whatever you want to call it. Not that TC doesn't have that too but not at that level and I think Ray has established himself at TC where he can ignore it for the most part without backlash.

I can see wanting the challenge but he has it pretty cushy now.

I think Ray would be nuts to leave TC for Tipp. Tipp has a pretty bad reputation in terms of parents over involvement or whatever you want to call it. Not that TC doesn't have that too but not at that level and I think Ray has established himself at TC where he can ignore it for the most part without backlash.

I can see wanting the challenge but he has it pretty cushy now.
Agree, I was speaking from the Tipp point of view. Should have been more clear.

otca. And I should have added that Ray would likely been head and shoulders above the other candidates for the job. In essence agreeing with you on that point.
We can't lose Nolan and Z in one year stop it winbypin ur killing me

Sad Tears GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants