Time to Retire "Hells Bells" from 3rd Down in Stadiums?

Hells Bells is now 42 years old.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who knew when I started this thread it would inspire two spin offs?!? The "No Band No Football" one is good.

I am still in favor of Hell's Bells. The more AC/DC, the better. Maybe teams should use "You Shook Me All Night Long" instead.

Still blows my mind that middle-aged moms will sing along to "the walls were shakin', my mind was achin'...and we were making it..." but lose their minds if "Candy Shop" is played anywhere within earshot of their kids.

I rather they play...Nazareth..."HAIR OF THE DOG." It's legendary, and every Grandmother in the stadium would stand and dance wildly. Meaning it's a sweat song for everybody...

Im ok with Hells Bells, but someone please tell Kenston to never play Elton John after 3rd quarter again. Completely killed the vibe when we were there 2 weeks ago to watch Chardon @ Kenston.

Im ok with Hells Bells, but someone please tell Kenston to never play Elton John after 3rd quarter again. Completely killed the vibe when we were there 2 weeks ago to watch Chardon @ Kenston.
Probably requested by the queer and transgender Players. Have to cater to them these days or get in serious trouble🙄

"if it's too loud... you are too old"
(head coach talking to assistant) "If we lose this game, you and I will be looking for new jobs on Monday".

Lol. But yeah, that was quite daring for everyone - coaches, school admins, mayor, city council - to buy into back then.

Interestingly, Kiss was there on a Thursday and Friday; the next day they were in Columbus at Vets Memorial. Several of us marching band nerds went to that show. We didn't know about the Cadillac football team until one them brought the issue of Creem with the story to school, and we realized when it happened. Too bad we didn't think of it first, but we were having a good couple of seasons and won the league for the second season in a row that year.

If our team was allowed to have music in the locker room in 1975, probably would have been Deep Purple, Aerosmith, and Uriah Heep. :cool:

Last edited:
So the Atlanta Braves play Hells Bells when an opposing hitter gets 2 strikes. Or at least they did last night