Time and location change for Beavercreek-Elder game

MajorFan

Just heard that the Beavercreek-Elder game has been moved to Princeton at 2pm on Saturday. No explanation given as to why.

Anybody know the rationale behind the change?

Ok, so we should be seeing some traffic about the YS-SCC game soon.

LLLUUUUCCCCYYYY!!!! YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO!!!!

Just heard that the Beavercreek-Elder game has been moved to Princeton at 2pm on Saturday. No explanation given as to why.

Anybody know the rationale behind the change?

The game that was originally scheduled there was the DIVIII Boys game - Springfield Catholic vs Yellowsprings - 2 Dayton teams.

By changing it to Elder vs Beavercreek, only one team from Dayton has to make the drive rather than two.

That's the only rationale that I can come up with.

Everything is pointing to this being true though.
The ehsports.com and highschoolsports.net is both saying Princeton.
The only thing that hasn't been changed is the bracket on ohsaa.

Soref is correct. I talked to Princeton and the traveling is why they changed the game locations. The two Div. III teams called to have the game changed to stay in Dayton.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

I wouldn't be surprised with the fact that Elder is playing football Saturday night had a little impact as well. 2PM start time @ Princeton gives the players, students, and fans a lot more time to work with if planning to take in both games.

Wow, this is great news! I thought Tuesday night was my last high school soccer game for the year! Now I get a bonus. I'll be there to root on Elder over the Beavers!

Yeah, it is...is there a problem with that? ;-)

Heck, we had to play Troy twice this year and they are the Trojans. Think about it...

It would be nice if Elder was to get that type of consideration but I doubt it.

If this is part of the reason, it would have nothing to do with giving Elder consideration. As we know Mr. Krabs from Spongebob and OHSAA are cut from the same cloth "Money, money, money." They know many Elder fans would want to go to both games, but a 3:00 game in Dayton and a 7:00 game at X might cause some to skip the soccer game.

The Dayton Daily News just had an article listing the game change and stated the game was at Princeton at 3:00 not 2:00. It will be a miracle if both teams, all the referees and half of the fans end up at the right game on time. They should have left well enough alone.

I just called the DDN and talked to the Sports Editor and he said that they would verify the time and post a revision. It's 10:55am. Let's see how long it takes them to update the article.

Well, the DDN never did pull the story with the incorrect time off their website, but today's paper does have the game time and location correct in two differenct places. They still haven't figured out that they need to keep both current.

Go Beavers!