Ticket to attend high school sporting events

19AL63

Who has decided that having to get tickets on line only is the way to go. My grand daughter has back to back track meets . Had one on Wednesday and then again to day. Wednesdays I drove 45 minutes to get to. I walk up to the ticket booth and the lady look at me and said have a good time. Free to senior citizens. Today my son calls me and says are you going and I said yes he said I get your ticket for you. Tickets are sold on line only six dollars a ticket plus 2 dollars charge for on line purchase. Think how upset I would have been if I had drive the hour plus to go today and found out no way I could buy a ticket. Do they really think this is going to up attendance. and make the school more money.?

Went to my granddaughters conference track meet and was told online only when we get there sign in ticket window says no cash will take credit cards for tickets.
Couple of things, the school doesn't have to go get hundreds of 1's, 5's and 10's for change, and credit / debit cards are quick, there's a receipt it's accurate. Not saying it's right, but you probably only need one person at a gate to do this transaction rather than two.

Couple of things, the school doesn't have to go get hundreds of 1's, 5's and 10's for change, and credit / debit cards are quick, there's a receipt it's accurate. Not saying it's right, but you probably only need one person at a gate to do this transaction rather than two.
Until the technology goes down.......

1. We went to a concert a few weeks ago. College arena. Doors opened 30-45 min late due to their scanners not working.
2. Concert last fall at OSU and the scanner went down for the parking guy. I joked that it sounded like he should let me park for free (as a joke) and he said that was fine and drove right on in.
3. HS football game last fall. They had issues with the technology, CC only to get in, and they started to let people in free. I know..i was one who got in free.
4. HS basketball game this winter. Again. Tech did not work. They just looked at your ticket and anyone who had to purchase had to wait.

Just a few instances that i personally ran into the last year.

Here is the issue people have though........These HS places take cash for conessions and parking in the playoffs. T shirt sales? Cash as well if ya wanted.

Until the technology goes down.......

1. We went to a concert a few weeks ago. College arena. Doors opened 30-45 min late due to their scanners not working.
2. Concert last fall at OSU and the scanner went down for the parking guy. I joked that it sounded like he should let me park for free (as a joke) and he said that was fine and drove right on in.
3. HS football game last fall. They had issues with the technology, CC only to get in, and they started to let people in free. I know..i was one who got in free.
4. HS basketball game this winter. Again. Tech did not work. They just looked at your ticket and anyone who had to purchase had to wait.

Just a few instances that i personally ran into the last year.

Here is the issue people have though........These HS places take cash for conessions and parking in the playoffs. T shirt sales? Cash as well if ya wanted.
Oh man...computers down! Yikes! Sounds like you've benefitted more than not!