Three Rivers Conference: (8-1) Milton-Union @ (7-2) Riverside

Bless Em All

Milton comes in off of a 48-6 thrashing of Northridge last Friday. Riverside has hung there with Milton all year, and will hope to claim a share of the TRC crown with an upset victory over the Dogs.
Several like opponents but the one that stands out for each would be: Troy Christian for Riverside and Northridge for Milton-Union. Riverside beat up Troy Christian 31-0 and Milton beat up Northridge 48-6. Milton beat Troy Christian 29-9 and Riverside lost to Northridge 28-10. Milton has pulled their starters after one half in every league game except Troy Christian and Northridge.
I think the Dogs have the upper hand in this one. Size, speed, and depth are on the side of the Dogs. Home field advantage is on the side of Riverside.
My guess is Milton 35-17.

Milton comes in off of a 48-6 thrashing of Northridge last Friday. Riverside has hung there with Milton all year, and will hope to claim a share of the TRC crown with an upset victory over the Dogs.
Several like opponents but the one that stands out for each would be: Troy Christian for Riverside and Northridge for Milton-Union. Riverside beat up Troy Christian 31-0 and Milton beat up Northridge 48-6. Milton beat Troy Christian 29-9 and Riverside lost to Northridge 28-10. Milton has pulled their starters after one half in every league game except Troy Christian and Northridge.
I think the Dogs have the upper hand in this one. Size, speed, and depth are on the side of the Dogs. Home field advantage is on the side of Riverside.
My guess is Milton 35-17.

Riverside has improved tremendously since that week 5 game against NR. Based on NR’s scores since, they’ve plateaued. Not saying Riverside is playing so well they can beat MU, but if we keep improving like we have been, I think our boys can make it a game. If I had to bet money, definitely would bet on MU. Pulling for our Pirates who have essentially locked up a home playoff game. Can’t wait for Friday night!!

BlessEm, be sure to get food from our athletic boosters on the visitor’s side, Rib Eyes, Cheeseburgers, brats, etc. You’ll find something you like!

Riverside has improved tremendously since that week 5 game against NR. Based on NR’s scores since, they’ve plateaued. Not saying Riverside is playing so well they can beat MU, but if we keep improving like we have been, I think our boys can make it a game. If I had to bet money, definitely would bet on MU. Pulling for our Pirates who have essentially locked up a home playoff game. Can’t wait for Friday night!!

BlessEm, be sure to get food from our athletic boosters on the visitor’s side, Rib Eyes, Cheeseburgers, brats, etc. You’ll find something you like!
Riverside is tough. But MU has to many weapons. If MU brings any lack of energy rhough Riverside can do damage.

I think Milton will have to play a game at the level they did against Valley View to win this one. Riverside is a relative unknown to the Dogs. We are healthy and I know these boys are pumped to take the TRC. I think depth and a couple of skill players could be the difference.
I think Riverside is very much like Milton, so it will be a good game. Makings of a new rivalry.
Buckeyes, I will check out that boosters food. Thanks! Best of luck Friday.

I think it will be closer than people think. I said it before the season; Riverside, for the most part, is a young team with some generational talent. They are maturing quicker than most expected, credit to the Seniors on that team and the coaches.

I think MU will win, but I think Riverside will make it a game.

Never underestimate your opponent. Do I think Riverside could beat Valley View? No. But, I wouldn't put it passed them. Remember that Milton is the size of a small D5 playing up in D4. MU also has some generational talent that is matured a ton since the Oakwood and Troy Christian games. There isn't much difference between these two schools. They wouldn't lose to Northridge if they played again.
I think Milton has speed and size on them. Depth might be an issue as well.
I'm calling it 35-17 MU. It will be a much closer game than score indicates. I think the Blake show will be the difference in the end. Neumaier and Brumbaugh need to have really strong games.

Last edited:
It does seem like Riverside has improved quite a bit on the second half of their season. They might be a year away though. This is one of MU's quality teams and I think they'll ride their running game to a victory. I'll go with:

Milton Union 28
Riverside 14

This is a young MU team. We return basically this whole team next year.
I'd love to hear what the Riverside coaches think of MU. Whether they think we're about as good as them or better. I think defensively, we will be the better team. That could help us if we can slow down that offense of Riverside.

Last edited:
MU may be "playing up to D4" but don't forget Riverside is D7 making a lot noise. People often forget this team went into Tri-Village who ranked #2 in the state, and beat them. Now given they had Kale Long, however Riverside now has the best passing attack in the TRC. This game is winnable for Riverside. I believe the game will be won in the trenches (as most football is). If Riverside's big boys can hang with MU's. I think Riverside's skill guys will take care of business.

MU may be "playing up to D4" but don't forget Riverside is D7 making a lot noise. People often forget this team went into Tri-Village who ranked #2 in the state, and beat them. Now given they had Kale Long, however Riverside now has the best passing attack in the TRC. This game is winnable for Riverside. I believe the game will be won in the trenches (as most football is). If Riverside's big boys can hang with MU's. I think Riverside's skill guys will take care of business.
Trying to compare TV with Milton? Nope. But I do respect your opinions. Milton has some skill players as well. D7 taking on D4 is impressive. I fully expect a very close hard fought game.
Let me clarify my statement... Milton, due to the last counts by Ohio High school athletic association being delayed, MU has an enrollment that of a D5 and playing, in the playoffs, at D4.
Riverside has the best QB in the TRC, he won't find passing against this defense easy. Our bigs on the defensive line have some speed. Should be a great game!

Last edited:
This is a young MU team. We return basically this whole team next year.
I'd love to hear what the Riverside coaches think of MU. Whether they think we're about as good as them or better. I think defensively, we will be the better team. That could help us if we can slow down that offense of Riverside.
I have family members (cousins/nephews) on the team. Sounds like our coaching staff is letting the boys know this will be the toughest, and most talented team they’ve faced all year. Also sounds like the focus is on getting better and just giving MU our best shot, not a lot of talk about league championship, playoffs, etc., just working every day. Sounds like our staff and boys have the utmost respect for Milton and the team they have. Hoping for a great game Friday! Go Pirates!

I have family members (cousins/nephews) on the team. Sounds like our coaching staff is letting the boys know this will be the toughest, and most talented team they’ve faced all year. Also sounds like the focus is on getting better and just giving MU our best shot, not a lot of talk about league championship, playoffs, etc., just working every day. Sounds like our staff and boys have the utmost respect for Milton and the team they have. Hoping for a great game Friday! Go Pirates!
Love it. That's a great angle to take. Milton, I'm sure, is doing the same. Riverside has a great history. I'm expecting the best game of the year for Milton. This is what the TRC should be going forward. Go Dogs!

Trying to compare TV with Milton? Nope. But I do respect your opinions. Milton has some skill players as well. D7 taking on D4 is impressive. I fully expect a very close hard fought game.
Let me clarify my statement... Milton, due to the last counts by Ohio High school athletic association being delayed, MU has an enrollment that of a D5 and playing, in the playoffs, at D4.
Riverside has the best QB in the TRC, he won't find passing against this defense easy. Our bigs on the defensive line have some speed. Should be a great game!
MU's DL especially on the edges does a lot of damage. I think Riversides OL coaching and preparation is what makes them able to be as competitive as they are. Now MU being so multiple as far as lining up in the Wing-T, then coming out in multiple receiver spread looks, is pretty impressive (given they are the same plays) it puts a defense in a tough spot as far as alignment goes. I believe NR beat Riverside on a off night for Riverside and there backfield speed is tough to stop when the boys aren't feeling it. The top bucks are locking horns on Friday!

I'm not sure what to think for a score in this game. I just hope both teams make it through healthy so they can give em hell in Week 11.

Safe travels to all in Bulldog country. Dress warm, it's gonna feel like Ohio football weather tonight!

Riverside has a very nice program. Not sure how Northridge beat them. Their QB is a stud. The lines are very big, but they couldn't match the speed and depth of Milton. Milton had a sloppy game with pentalties, and a failed 4th and 1 at the goalline.
Overall, this was a great season for the Dogs. First Champions of the TRC. OUTSCORED TRC OPPONENTS 306-36.
Congrats to coach Pearce and the Bulldogs!

Looking over the region 28 playoffs, looks like Riverside has a great chance to make it to round 3. Not to get ahead of myself, I could not recall what was decided after round 1, to reseed the board or to play on if upsets occur?

Say Troy Christian at #14 defeats #3 Notre Dame, and no other lower seeds upset the top 8 seeds. Does Troy Christian then next meet the #6 St Henry or does the bracket reset and #1 Marion gets the lowest remaining seed, which would be #14 Troy Christian?

As I recall both methods were discussed when they went to 16 teams but I believe it was decided to not reseed after round one, but in the event of an upset, the higher seed would host the home game giving #6 St Henry a home game round 2 if such an upset occured.

Are the brackets set once and left to play out regardless of upsets?