This is what happens when the party in charge cares about governing

hubman

"This is what it means to have a party in Washington that cares about governing. Even if the passage of a big, complicated bill doesn’t inspire you to burst into song, and even if the deep structural problems of our system remain, it shows that at the right moment, with the right people in charge, the country can still make progress."

"Picture Republicans spending a year or so negotiating with one another, producing version after version of a complicated bill, trying to balance competing interests within their party, persisting through repeated setbacks and ultimately producing a victory everyone in their party can live with.
You can’t, because Republicans just don’t have it in them. The only subject they care enough about to craft a complicated bill on is taxes, which is relatively easy because they all agree they should be lower, at least for corporations and the wealthy.
But give Republicans a difficult legislative task — such as following through on their oft-made pledge to repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with what Donald Trump memorably called “something terrific” — and they flounder and flail."

"This is what it means to have a party in Washington that cares about governing. Even if the passage of a big, complicated bill doesn’t inspire you to burst into song, and even if the deep structural problems of our system remain, it shows that at the right moment, with the right people in charge, the country can still make progress."

"Picture Republicans spending a year or so negotiating with one another, producing version after version of a complicated bill, trying to balance competing interests within their party, persisting through repeated setbacks and ultimately producing a victory everyone in their party can live with.
You can’t, because Republicans just don’t have it in them. The only subject they care enough about to craft a complicated bill on is taxes, which is relatively easy because they all agree they should be lower, at least for corporations and the wealthy.
But give Republicans a difficult legislative task — such as following through on their oft-made pledge to repeal the Affordable Care Act and replace it with what Donald Trump memorably called “something terrific” — and they flounder and flail."
Interesting take that causing harm to the American people is progress.

Anyone who votes for Democrats is voting to destroy our country.

"What and whom are Republicans for? According to their votes: forced birth, protecting big corporations and tax cheats from paying taxes, the National Rifle Association and Second Amendment absolutists, oil companies and Big Pharma, to name a few things. The ties that bind them — aversion to lifesaving coronavirus vaccines, election denial, censorship, reverence for the Confederacy and persecution of LGBTQ Americans — used to be considered beyond the pale. Now, they are standard positions."

R
The last time the Leftists all got together and passed a big old piece of legislation everybody's health insurance premiums increased 129% and the actual cost of health care is up over 200%......Now the Lefty's have passed the Green New Deal, cleverly marketed as the Inflation Reduction Act. Hopefully we can get some normal folks in Congress this November and repeal this piece of dog crap before it bankrupts the country.

Woo hoo!!!

However, the dems clearly have more work to do. If they really want to show they care, as an encore they should forgive all student loan debt and increase the national minimum wage to at least $50/hour.

What could go wrong?

The last time the Leftists all got together and passed a big old piece of legislation everybody's health insurance premiums increased 129% and the actual cost of health care is up over 200%......Now the Lefty's have passed the Green New Deal, cleverly marketed as the Inflation Reduction Act. Hopefully we can get some normal folks in Congress this November and repeal this piece of dog crap before it bankrupts the country.

The total average family plan cost increased by 43 percent from 2008 to 2016, but it went up more than double that rate — 97 percent — from 2000 to 2008.

Although this particular plan may not have been worth reminiscing over, there are some people whose premium costs increased as a result of the ACA (we’ll get to this in a moment). That’s not the case for most people, however. Most enrollees who buy their own health insurance in the marketplace/exchange are eligible for premium subsidies that cover the majority of the cost of their coverage.
For the first several years that ACA-compliant plans were available, enrollees with household income above 400% of the federal poverty level were ineligible for premium subsidies. That upper income limit was eliminated for 2021 and 2022 by the American Rescue Plan, and

Full-price premiums are higher (but they would have grown even without the ACA, and medical underwriting can’t be ignored)​

The rate increases in the individual market since the ACA was implemented are due to a combination of medical cost inflation (which was already a factor pre-ACA), more robust benefits, and the elimination of medical underwriting. (It’s noteworthy that in New York, which had eliminated medical underwriting many years before the ACA – but which did not have any premium subsidies or individual mandate pre-ACA –inflation-adjusted premiums are still lower than they were in 2013.)

The total average family plan cost increased by 43 percent from 2008 to 2016, but it went up more than double that rate — 97 percent — from 2000 to 2008.

Although this particular plan may not have been worth reminiscing over, there are some people whose premium costs increased as a result of the ACA (we’ll get to this in a moment). That’s not the case for most people, however. Most enrollees who buy their own health insurance in the marketplace/exchange are eligible for premium subsidies that cover the majority of the cost of their coverage.
For the first several years that ACA-compliant plans were available, enrollees with household income above 400% of the federal poverty level were ineligible for premium subsidies. That upper income limit was eliminated for 2021 and 2022 by the American Rescue Plan, and

Full-price premiums are higher (but they would have grown even without the ACA, and medical underwriting can’t be ignored)​

The rate increases in the individual market since the ACA was implemented are due to a combination of medical cost inflation (which was already a factor pre-ACA), more robust benefits, and the elimination of medical underwriting. (It’s noteworthy that in New York, which had eliminated medical underwriting many years before the ACA – but which did not have any premium subsidies or individual mandate pre-ACA –inflation-adjusted premiums are still lower than they were in 2013.)
Yep, Obama care actually made coverage worse, and caused it to increase in cost. This is from the stand point of my wife's coverage. She is a teacher, in a very large school district here in Ohio. So you know if her's was impacted to such a great extent, things are not good. Your links simply combined data to achieve the results they wanted to brainwash you with. A lot of times anecdotal evidence isn't relative. But in this case my example is very relevant. The funny thing was her hearing all the liberal teachers complaining about the increase in costs, while the coverage declined.

Yep, Obama care actually made coverage worse, and caused it to increase in cost. This is from the stand point of my wife's coverage. She is a teacher, in a very large school district here in Ohio. So you know if her's was impacted to such a great extent, things are not good. Your links simply combined data to achieve the results they wanted to brainwash you with. A lot of times anecdotal evidence isn't relative. But in this case my example is very relevant. The funny thing was her hearing all the liberal teachers complaining about the increase in costs, while the coverage declined.
Your party is destroying public education every chance they get. Blame the GOP for your wife's misery.

"What and whom are Republicans for? According to their votes: forced birth, protecting big corporations and tax cheats from paying taxes, the National Rifle Association and Second Amendment absolutists, oil companies and Big Pharma, to name a few things. The ties that bind them — aversion to lifesaving coronavirus vaccines, election denial, censorship, reverence for the Confederacy and persecution of LGBTQ Americans — used to be considered beyond the pale. Now, they are standard positions."
LMAO...This bill does protect big corporations and crushes small businesses. And Big Pharma? are you insane? Seriously Hub, are you insane? Who was forcing people to get one, two, three jabs....And what were/are the profits for Big Pharma as a result. Good god man, use the brain the Lord gave you

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

LMAO...This bill does protect big corporations and crushes small businesses. And Big Pharma? are you insane? Seriously Hub, are you insane? Who was forcing people to get one, two, three jabs....And what were/are the profits for Big Pharma as a result. Good god man, use the brain the Lord gave you
I had 3 jobs when Obama was in office went to 4 during the Orange man's regime, at least now maybe the earth will still be self sustaining for my eventual grandkids.

My oldest called me up not too long ago complaining about being unceremoniously removed from my healthcare plan, I had to tell the kid you are lucky there was Obamacare, it got him an extra 5 years on my plan!

Compare the US numbers to other countries. The results are embarrassing for our country.....

But you keep on blowing that horn. ;)
Have you actually looked at what may be causing those differences, like how educators are supported/paid in other countries compared to ours. I bet the differences isn't what the Teachers associations be asking for, I would put money it's on what the Right don't want to give them.

My oldest called me up not too long ago complaining about being unceremoniously removed from my healthcare plan, I had to tell the kid you are lucky there was Obamacare, it got him an extra 5 years on my plan!
Nice, encouraging free loading. Kids that young don't really need health insurance anyway.

Abortion is murder - guess you like killing babies. Big corporations employ a lot of Americans and contribute to Americans 401 k's - better to punish them so they are less competitive. Taxation is theft. Some people like you are jealous so you want to punish the successful and you think killing babies is cool.

I had 3 jobs when Obama was in office went to 4 during the Orange man's regime, at least now maybe the earth will still be self sustaining for my eventual grandkids.
But who was pushing the ineffective vaccine to enrich big pharma?

That's what your type of thinking fosters.