The Walking Dead is Back!

Negan will take down Alpha with Judith being in harms way the catalyst is my guess. Negan, if you were really paying attention, is brandishing a bat again.

Michonne riding in with calvary?

Negan will take down Alpha with Judith being in harms way the catalyst is my guess. Negan, if you were really paying attention, is brandishing a bat again.

yea I suspect Negan will turn to save Judith.

As for riding in with the calvary, Michonne makes sense. I was thinking Maggie, since they were trying to get her back, but I don't know where she would have met a group of people that would ride with her.

I also thought Negan was deep undercover and would turn on Alpha to save the kids, who he genuinely seemed to care about. I love Negan's character, and am rooting for that. But then he shot a flaming arrow in the direction where Judith was? Did he not know she was at Hilltop?

I also thought Negan was deep undercover and would turn on Alpha to save the kids, who he genuinely seemed to care about. I love Negan's character, and am rooting for that. But then he shot a flaming arrow in the direction where Judith was? Did he not know she was at Hilltop?

Probably not. She was just at Alexandria last episode.

I don't know about the rest of you but that was an awful lot of melodramatic BS to wade through before getting to another WD battle that made no sense.

As others have noted Negan has to be the guy that saves the day.

Two points and I'm probably just nitpicking here:

1) Okay so alpha and the freaks block the roads. Why not just walk away through the woods? Find out where the horde is and go in the opposite direction.

2) I don't understand the battle tactics. Using ancient Roman & Greek techniques works best going up against disorganized but THINKING adversaries. They become frustrated and ultimately panic. But the dead don't panic they just press forward. IMO this makes the tactics used by Hilltop doomed to failure when used against a lot of dead.

Instead of spending the day before the attack moping around and setting up goofy static defenses (electrified wire) they should have fanned out and attacked the horde from all directions with the goal of distracting it. Can the whisperers really keep it going in one direction when folks are pounding drums in the opposite direction?

And once you ID a whisperer you shoot them with an arrow which turns the horde back onto them for a chow down. Doing this from all around the horde would be devastating to its cohesion.

Battle scene reminded me of a low budget GOT dust up. Night time and everything including flaming arrows. Btw as long as we are criticizing how was the horde able to get up and over all the bodies of dead on the front lines so easily.

That was a solid episode not least for having killed off one of he vilest and most uninteresting characters in WD history. I'm glad Negan is the one who took her out.

I had almost given up on Negan being the one to get rid of Alpha. Now I am glad that Aaron did not kill Negan when he happened upon him. Love that Negan killed her, and love it even more that Carol knew what he was doing the whole time.

But... It was a cheesy cinema trick to have Lydia tied up and frantically trying to escape from one shed, while Alpha was walking towards another shed. Come on TWD, you are better than that!

Just an excuse to use previous footage of Rick who left the show because of how ridiculous the script was getting.... the last 5 minutes was interesting though.

I thought it was all pretty interesting and I think it's looking that all the versions of this show are going to converge in one ending some day. While I still enjoy the show, probably because I'm invested in it from a time spent watching perspective, I do think they need to start winding things up. The new series debuting complicates that IMO, but the third Rick movie seems like a great opportunity to put a bow on everything.

I thought it was all pretty interesting and I think it's looking that all the versions of this show are going to converge in one ending some day. While I still enjoy the show, probably because I'm invested in it from a time spent watching perspective, I do think they need to start winding things up. The new series debuting complicates that IMO, but the third Rick movie seems like a great opportunity to put a bow on everything.
All valid and good points. I half watch anymore which means I do expense reports while it is on.

The new spin-off baffles me. It appears it is just another attempt to bleed the series for everything it is worth and go after a teenage demographic. They NEED to wrap this thing up. As others mentioned Alpha and the Whisperers are not "cool" to the average fan. If the zombie apocalypse happened the whole Governor and Negan camps seem realistic. The Whisperers do not. Especially considering they followed some nut-job weird talking bald woman with men issues. They just need to wrap the show up with some form of dignity. Let spin-offs go from there.

I get it, I just want the show to move forward.... not parallel and backwards. I wanted to see what happens next after Alpha is killed and not have to go through another episode before we get that. The whole thing that Michonne went through with that guy was just a stall technique to me. I get it, back on the trail to search for Rick but man, did we really need to see Carl again.....

I am invested in both and probably will check out the 3rd...

I get it, I just want the show to move forward.... not parallel and backwards. I wanted to see what happens next after Alpha is killed and not have to go through another episode before we get that. The whole thing that Michonne went through with that guy was just a stall technique to me. I get it, back on the trail to search for Rick but man, did we really need to see Carl again.....

Did Carl hurt you?

To me, the whole Michonne hallucination was pretty cool. Her decision to save Andrea brought her to Rick's group, and she is our hero. Had she not saved Andrea, she meets up with Negan, and Rick becomes the bad guy that slaughtered her friends. Pretty creative stuff IMO. One decision can turn your life...

I am intrigued where her story goes - she is off to find Rick, and figure out why Rick's boots and stuff were there. But the door is definitely open to her return or all of the series coming together, as mentioned above. I'll stay tuned...

Anyone still watching? The Negan origin episode was very good.

11th (and last) season begins in August.

Anyone still watching? The Negan origin episode was very good.

11th (and last) season begins in August.
I actually started watching again (this season). Everything has been pretty bad (lots of filler) except for the Negan episode last night. He is carrying the show at this point.