The streak isn't over....

WOGreen

That's right. The Cards still have a GMC home winning streak. I'd have to say it goes back to 1998 or 1999 ...maybe 35-40 games ??

To keep that going the offense needs to find an identity. The defense is solid enough to keep them in games but the offense can't give the other team great field position for a whole half...ie: St. X game.

The GMC home winning streak goes back a long, long way. In '99 we lost 3 GMC games, all on the road. In '98 we were undefeated. In '97 we lost 2 GMC games, both on the road. We've actually NEVER lost a home gome to a GMC opponent since we joined the league in 1997. Wow, I didn't think of that until now.

The GMC home winning streak goes back a long, long way. In '99 we lost 3 GMC games, all on the road. In '98 we were undefeated. In '97 we lost 2 GMC games, both on the road. We've actually NEVER lost a home gome to a GMC opponent since we joined the league in 1997. Wow, I didn't think of that until now.

WOW

It is quite impressive. I am sure we lost to a GMC opponent at The Cage before we joined the league, but none of them have won at our place since we joined the league.

Another streak to keep track of, gotta' do some research and find out how many consecutive wins we have.

In '97 we were 7-3 with 1 of our losses from league opponents. At Princeton.
In '99 we were 6-4 with 3 league losses. At East, at Fairfield and at Princeton.

Here are some stats for you:

Record in GMC since joining in 1997: 96-6 94% Win
Record in GMC since 2000: 80-1 99% Win

This is including regular season games as well as playoff games.

I'm not sure on the home record vs away during this time but it has to be approaching almost 50 wins at home vs. GMC opponents.

Last edited:
We actually lost 2 league games in '97, at Hamilton and at Princeton.

Thanks JHelf! I was thinking we lost to Fairmont and Princeton that year, with the other loss to LaSalle. I now remember we lost at Hamilton and beat LaSalle at home. I can also still rememeber that nasty, rainy night out in Sharonville where it seemed to be the Vince Harrison show.

Here are some stats for you:

Record in GMC since joining in 1997: 96-6 94% Win
Record in GMC since 2000: 80-1 99% Win

This is including regular season games as well as playoff games.

I'm not sure on the home record vs away during this time but it has to be approaching almost 50 wins at home vs. GMC opponents.

I think my numbers in '99 are correct but I am not positive. I know we lost at East and at Fairfield and I am pretty sure about the loss at Princeton but something is telling me that it might have been West. Seems like we've lost to West once in our program's history.

I think my numbers in '99 are correct but I am not positive. I know we lost at East and at Fairfield and I am pretty sure about the loss at Princeton but something is telling me that it might have been West. Seems like we've lost to West once in our program's history.
99 i believe we lost to east, west, fairfield and lasalle. i think east was at colerain. i went to the east game at east in 98. so they beat us at colerain in 99.

99 i believe we lost to east, west, fairfield and lasalle. i think east was at colerain. i went to the east game at east in 98. so they beat us at colerain in 99.

I believe we did lose to Fairfield, West, East and LaSalle. I spicifically remember losing to East at their place. Seems like we got beat by West at The Cage though. We had 2 losses at home that year, West I believe and LaSalle, which as we all know was the last home loss until this season.

Even if it's only 1 GMC home loss EVER, that's not too shabby.