The rich get richer....Browns donate to Hoban

The current Browns regime seems pretty adept at resource management. I'll go with their choice on this one.

Hoban is accomplishing what others can only dream of doing. Good for them.

According to my recollection/sources Ellet boosters had nothing to do with it. A Buchtel Alum/Booster submitted the idea to Akron public schools in hopes of getting two turf fields, one for the East side and one for the West. APS submitted the application and was awarded one field and they chose where it went (using criteria I understand even if I am disappointed with the outcome). Is there a limit on how many times an organization can apply, I don't know, does APS have another $250,000 in matching funds for a second field, again I don't know. I do know Buchtel alum have had car washes to telethons in hopes of raising money to upgrade their field and they will continue to do so.
Correct. Also not to mention APS took the goal post that were donated to Buchtel and put them up at Firestone practice field. APS admins suck

Hoban did their Due diligence. The upgrade at the Ellet facility is amazing. Buchtel and the APS Atheltic office should have put in the time to file for the Browns Grant. Originally The Hoban fields were added to give Akron East youth football an additional practice space. That may have changed since the Ohio KNIGHTS 5 youth travel Football teams could be using these turf fields.

There is no such thing as Ohio Knights. They are called Akron Armour and from what I understand, they will be renting the fields. An assistant coach at East told me the Pee-Wee program and the East High School team will also use the fields. And I know for a fact the CYO teams will use the fields on the weekends. Looks like fields will be in use 24/7

Hoban did their Due diligence. The upgrade at the Ellet facility is amazing. Buchtel and the APS Atheltic office should have put in the time to file for the Browns Grant. Originally The Hoban fields were added to give Akron East youth football an additional practice space. That may have changed since the Ohio KNIGHTS 5 youth travel Football teams could be using these turf fields.
You should go back and read. It was Buchtel who submitted the grant for the turf fields and it was Buchtel who got the donated goal post from I believe the Ravens. But ACS admins moved them to Ellet and Firestone. These are facts not my opinion. Don't get me wrong I understand why the turf was put in at Ellet since they have lights. The goal post are inexcusable the field at Firestone isnt even regulation

The Browns are winners.
They only attach themselves to winner.
No way they are donating to some scrub local schools.

When people think of the Browns, they think of winners so that is why they chose the most successful program in the region to back.
Wait. What did you just say? LOL.

I think Hoban is. Better choice because of there success and continued success .. I think it would really make people scratch there heads to see Firestone with turf field just to go 0-10 on it ... your not be. Wearily getting your moneys worth with that or any other city league team .... there thinking business wise is out the turf where it will be for something that’s growing and everyone can see the dividends from it
Unbelievable response Hoban arrogance is disgusting

Unbelievable response Hoban arrogance is disgusting
“Unbelievable” that you assume that opinion is somehow representative of Hoban. But it makes sense given your personal and overt hatred for the school, athletic program, coaches and educators. But it fits your tired and very personal narrative, so I suppose it’s really no surprise.

Does anyone expect the browns to make a common sense decision. Didnt they just make a QB accused of 22 account of sexual assault the highest paid player in the NFL as well as guarantee his entire contract. Maybe the Browns can donate a turf practice field for St. Eds next. Maybe Kirtland should get one too. Help the struggling schools have a fighting chance. Browns being the Browns. losers.