The Republican Commitment To America

I can identify an idiot, look in your mirror to see one.
Schitts Creek Burn GIF by CBC

Been reading this for awhile, and I’m amazed that so many posters on here still support Trump. At best, he seems a bit crazy, and at worst an out and out criminal. Why is this so hard to see?
Where have you been? You're not aware of the cult? I mean, Vanity Fair even said so.

Where have you been? You're not aware of the cult? I mean, Vanity Fair even said so.

I have been away from this for a few years. Can’t believe how far the Trump supporters are willing to go now when faced with so much evidence. I guess it is a cult.

Been reading this for awhile, and I’m amazed that so many posters on here still support Trump. At best, he seems a bit crazy, and at worst an out and out criminal. Why is this so hard to see?
Because "a bit crazy" is immeasurably better than what we had before or have now.

I have been away from this for a few years. Can’t believe how far the Trump supporters are willing to go now when faced with so much evidence. I guess it is a cult.
Vanity Fair.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

There's a reason Republicans can't stop talking about cutting Social Security and Medicare, this lays out the facts.

“Sen. Rick Scott wants to require all federal legislation and funding—including Social Security and Medicare—to sunset, or expire, every five years unless Congress affirmatively renews it.”

“Sen. Ron Johnson wants Social Security and Medicare to be part of the annual budget, requiring a vote every year to keep them funded”

“Johnson also wants to put Social Security funds in the stock market, subjecting it to the ups and downs of the economy. The Republican Study Committee budget, endorsed by 158 House Republicans, calls for privatizing Social Security and raising the retirement age. The House Republican Twitter account recently retweeted an op-ed by Rep. Jodey Arrington arguing that “we must begin addressing the real debt drivers – mandatory spending programs.” Translation: Social Security and Medicare.”

Help a fellow yappster out - when confronted with the dilemma, should one drink the purple kool aid?

Asking for a friend, of course. He's new to these cult thingys.

I do know this. I paid into Social Security and Medicare for over 45 years, as did my employers. What gives any of these jackasses the right to screw with my retirement funds? Sounds like a sure way to get voted out of office. It was the politicians in both parties who spent our retirement. They bailed out the banks and mortgage companies, not to mention Chrysler and GM. They can save Social Security.

There's a reason Republicans can't stop talking about cutting Social Security and Medicare, this lays out the facts.

“Sen. Rick Scott wants to require all federal legislation and funding—including Social Security and Medicare—to sunset, or expire, every five years unless Congress affirmatively renews it.”

“Sen. Ron Johnson wants Social Security and Medicare to be part of the annual budget, requiring a vote every year to keep them funded”

“Johnson also wants to put Social Security funds in the stock market, subjecting it to the ups and downs of the economy. The Republican Study Committee budget, endorsed by 158 House Republicans, calls for privatizing Social Security and raising the retirement age. The House Republican Twitter account recently retweeted an op-ed by Rep. Jodey Arrington arguing that “we must begin addressing the real debt drivers – mandatory spending programs.” Translation: Social Security and Medicare.”

Seems like an outstanding idea. If it's a successful program it should have no problem being renewed. If it's a failure it should die.

Why do you want to spend money on failures forever? Seems like a really stupid idea.

I do know this. I paid into Social Security and Medicare for over 45 years, as did my employers. What gives any of these jackasses the right to screw with my retirement funds? Sounds like a sure way to get voted out of office. It was the politicians in both parties who spent our retirement. They bailed out the banks and mortgage companies, not to mention Chrysler and GM. They can save Social Security.
Exactly, which is why it will continue, despite "Voice's" demagoguery.