The official EBC Football Thread

‘88, I think for the time being we are a wrestling school. It’s gonna be a rough 2-3 years indeed. If the OC is the person I think it is then yes he’s been fired 3 times as a coach at Minerva. And he and Hundley have been friends for many years. He’s the type that blames the kids if they don’t understand the offense he’s trying to run and has trouble adapting to the talent and skill he has. I know he’s been a successful coach in the past but that was with superior talent during Minerva’s last playoff run. I also don’t think it’s fair to blame one person for the struggles but I do think he’s been a major part of the problem.
It sure does seem that way. This season was the season to compete but we got blown out in every league game. We were not competitive in the 2nd half of any game until week 9. Yes we did win 2 games but the team returned a lot of starters and upper classmen and should have been better. In 2 years the program did not take the strides that was expected. The team was better than it was 3 years about but that as because of some good players in the senior class , not because of coaching. I will give him a little break because I heard he had more kids willing to play but Covid hit and a lot of them changed their minds. But there were some talent and they simply didn't use it right, especially early in the year. I actually went back and watched most of the games and I don't understand how they used some of the talented kids that they had, especially early in the year. Just watch parts of the 1st 2 games and then the last 2 games. The decision making was baffling on both sides of the ball.

It sure does seem that way. This season was the season to compete but we got blown out in every league game. We were not competitive in the 2nd half of any game until week 9. Yes we did win 2 games but the team returned a lot of starters and upper classmen and should have been better. In 2 years the program did not take the strides that was expected. The team was better than it was 3 years about but that as because of some good players in the senior class , not because of coaching. I will give him a little break because I heard he had more kids willing to play but Covid hit and a lot of them changed their minds. But there were some talent and they simply didn't use it right, especially early in the year. I actually went back and watched most of the games and I don't understand how they used some of the talented kids that they had, especially early in the year. Just watch parts of the 1st 2 games and then the last 2 games. The decision making was baffling on both sides of the ball.

I struggled to find any consistency or philosophy behind what they were doing offensively. There was poor play on both sides of the ball at different times throughout the year. The staff doesn’t seem to be on the same page and seems young because I don’t recognize many of them. I see bickering on the sidelines and a lack of players being coached and developed on the sidelines. I see lack of discipline and fundamentals. This isn’t the Minerva Football I know and that blame falls on the administration and head coach. I’m tired of hearing excuses regarding talent, kids not learning plays or playing hard. All of this falls on the coaches.

I struggled to find any consistency or philosophy behind what they were doing offensively. There was poor play on both sides of the ball at different times throughout the year. The staff doesn’t seem to be on the same page and seems young because I don’t recognize many of them. I see bickering on the sidelines and a lack of players being coached and developed on the sidelines. I see lack of discipline and fundamentals. This isn’t the Minerva Football I know and that blame falls on the administration and head coach. I’m tired of hearing excuses regarding talent, kids not learning plays or playing hard. All of this falls on the coaches.
Other teams are way ahead of them both offensively and defensively. Special teams are bad too.

So Minerva wrestling is 10-1 in duals. Lions basketball puts up over 70 against the Aviators.... Lions Basketball beat West Branch the other day.....

Hundley its time to get these guys on the football team!

Its Getting Closer to Football Season!!

I Know I am looking forward to Alliance's Week 5 Game.
Zurburgg vs Johnson! Last year when They played it was a close game, Zurburgg First ever start at Varsity Qb as a freshmen. This year will be a banger watching those two lead an offense

Its Getting Closer to Football Season!!

I Know I am looking forward to Alliance's Week 5 Game.
Zurburgg vs Johnson! Last year when They played it was a close game, Zurburgg First ever start at Varsity Qb as a freshmen. This year will be a banger watching those two lead an offense
That will be a good match up. Let’s not forget about the kid from west branch who backed up hillyer and the freshman from south/ going to be some very good quarterbacks in the ebc. Hopely the stands will be full of fans of watch some good football.

So Minerva wrestling is 10-1 in duals. Lions basketball puts up over 70 against the Aviators.... Lions Basketball beat West Branch the other day.....

Hundley its time to get these guys on the football team!
I could not agree more!! There are some athletes not on the gridiron!

Why’s Salem looking for week 4 and 5 games next year isn’t that league play
Are we talking about the 2021 or 2022 season? Regardless, the EBC only has 7 teams, so everyone would have at least 1 nonleague week during weeks 4-10 for 2021 just as they have had ever since becoming the EBC. IIRC, Canton South will join the PAC in the fall of 2022. That puts the league at 6 teams and means everyone needs nonconference games in weeks 4 and 5.

Why’s Salem looking for week 4 and 5 games next year isn’t that league play

This Season the League is
Salem
Canton South
Carrollton
Minerva
Alliance
Marlington
west Branch

Teams only have 6 league games.

2022 season League members are
Marlington
Alliance
West Branch
Minerva
Carrollton
Salem

so 2022 season everyone will only play 5 league games.

Not sure how Salems schedule is set up like Alliances non league games are Weeks 1-3 and then week 9

That will be a good match up. Let’s not forget about the kid from west branch who backed up hillyer and the freshman from south/ going to be some very good quarterbacks in the ebc. Hopely the stands will be full of fans of watch some good football.

And lets not forget about Marlington's Evanich (if healthy). His team beat Alliance and Salem this past year and they return almost everyone. He was on the verge of a breakout season when he suffered his injury. Hopefully he is back and healthy this year. Will make for exciting league play with so many quality players.

And lets not forget about Marlington's Evanich (if healthy). His team beat Alliance and Salem this past year and they return almost everyone. He was on the verge of a breakout season when he suffered his injury. Hopefully he is back and healthy this year. Will make for exciting league play with so many quality players.
I agree. I hope he is healthy.

This Season the League is
Salem
Canton South
Carrollton
Minerva
Alliance
Marlington
west Branch

Teams only have 6 league games.

2022 season League members are
Marlington
Alliance
West Branch
Minerva
Carrollton
Salem

so 2022 season everyone will only play 5 league games.

Not sure how Salems schedule is set up like Alliances non league games are Weeks 1-3 and then week 9
Heard possibly the league is recruiting a team or two to replace Louisville, and Canton South.

No, they aren't.

No, they aren't.

Too bad. East Liverpool and Beaver Local would have fit in great in the EBC.

I don’t know why Canfield and Howland would want to join the EBC... especially Canfield. Howland would make more sense, but maybe they’re a package deal?
I do think it’s a BS excuse that they’re too big. Aren’t Alliance and Marlington bigger than both of them? Replace too big with too competitive. I don’t even blame the EBC for declining them. Again, especially Canfield. Just be a little bit more transparent about why.

The only scenario in which it makes sense for Canfield and Howland to join the EBC is if Louisville also joins. And Minerva leaves. That would make it an even 8 with Alliance, Canfield, Carrollton, Howland, Louisville, Marlington, Salem, and West Branch.
That would be a really strong conference, but it’s obviously just a pipe dream.

Too bad. East Liverpool and Beaver Local would have fit in great in the EBC.

I don’t know why Canfield and Howland would want to join the EBC... especially Canfield. Howland would make more sense, but maybe they’re a package deal?
I do think it’s a BS excuse that they’re too big. Aren’t Alliance and Marlington bigger than both of them? Replace too big with too competitive. I don’t even blame the EBC for declining them. Again, especially Canfield. Just be a little bit more transparent about why.

The only scenario in which it makes sense for Canfield and Howland to join the EBC is if Louisville also joins. And Minerva leaves. That would make it an even 8 with Alliance, Canfield, Carrollton, Howland, Louisville, Marlington, Salem, and West Branch.
That would be a really strong conference, but it’s obviously just a pipe dream.
Trade Carrollton to the NE8 for Niles.

‘88, I think for the time being we are a wrestling school. It’s gonna be a rough 2-3 years indeed. If the OC is the person I think it is then yes he’s been fired 3 times as a coach at Minerva. And he and Hundley have been friends for many years. He’s the type that blames the kids if they don’t understand the offense he’s trying to run and has trouble adapting to the talent and skill he has. I know he’s been a successful coach in the past but that was with superior talent during Minerva’s last playoff run. I also don’t think it’s fair to blame one person for the struggles but I do think he’s been a major part of the problem.
We need a new league, we can’t survive in the EBC. I hope for the best but coaching and program issues have haunted us for years now and it’s a complete shame. I agree with you Mav and don’t understand any of this path the program is taking. As you know I am a lost and confused 80’s Lion that wishes we could go back to the fundamentals that made us a once vibrant program! IVC Large conference is the only path at this point. I’m a Lion so I’m behind the program but just disappointed. I have high hopes for this year as the top 12 make the playoffs, we need to be part of that.

Trade Carrollton to the NE8 for Niles.
Betting wb doesn't want Canfield. They will beat them at to many sports. Wb wants united and maybe malvern. If wb doesn't win league the winner is too big lol. That's why they cried until Louisville got out. Back in 90s they didn't care if Louisville Springfield northwest was in there. But when they weren't winning boy look out them schools to big not fir. Facts not feelings

We need a new league, we can’t survive in the EBC. I hope for the best but coaching and program issues have haunted us for years now and it’s a complete shame. I agree with you Mav and don’t understand any of this path the program is taking. As you know I am a lost and confused 80’s Lion that wishes we could go back to the fundamentals that made us a once vibrant program! IVC Large conference is the only path at this point. I’m a Lion so I’m behind the program but just disappointed. I have high hopes for this year as the top 12 make the playoffs, we need to be part of that.
86, I understand what you are saying about the football team, We won 2 games last year and lose a lot seniors, it looks like 2021 will be a tough year ..However, we just won the EBC wrestlng title with Burress as the wrestler of the year, the boys basketball team was in the hunt all year and Sallade was the POY. I am hearing that the boys baseball team should have a very good year and the track team looks good. All they girls teams seem to compete and are very successful in Track and Cross Country. I really think you need to consider all of these other sports before you start watning a new league because it certainly seems like the right fit for other sport. I do agree that the football program is really struggling but there are boys in the school that can help, just look at the success of the other programs- somehow Hundly needs to get these kids on the football field