The official EBC Football Thread

Like I said the game is available ,
Lol 600 yard lol and not one holding call seriously even your not that gullible. Your line is not that good.

Okay so it was a little over 500. Your defense is that bad. Think about it. How bad does your defense have to be to be up 28-0 after 1 and 42-14 in Q2 and lose to a team that relied on the running game to come back and take you to the wood shed.

Lay
You are a douche. You run your mouth when beating low teir teams and make excuses when losing. True wb fan. You are the d bag that said that wb had all these d1 offers. Yea sure they do. Good job trying yo live thru your kid lmao
You really should stay out of your Grandmas medicine cupboard it’s making you more delusional than normal. Never once said WB Had D1 recruits. Again against your son and his team he may have told you that so you would stop beating him your delusional state of thinking he should be a stater. So how Did United win last night anyway?

Like I said the game is available ,
Lol 600 yard lol and not one holding call seriously even your not that gullible. Your line is not that good.
Umm. OK. You win. Except the 3,700 yards rushing over the course of the season says something a little different. Last night was not an anomaly.

Okay so it was a little over 500. Your defense is that bad. Think about it. How bad does your defense have to be to be up 28-0 after 1 and 42-14 in Q2 and lose to a team that relied on the running game to come back and take you to the wood shed.

Great question, it doesn’t happen without a whole lot of help.

Lay

You really should stay out of your Grandmas medicine cupboard it’s making you more delusional than normal. Never once said WB Had D1 recruits. Again against your son and his team he may have told you that so you would stop beating him your delusional state of thinking he should be a stater. So how Did United win last night anyway?
sorry boss, my grandparents are dead so not the case there. But do believe it was you who said # 5 and 13 had scouts all over them?? Really, reality is they probably would be warming bench on 75 % of ebc teams.

Just heard the Carrollton had to go to remote learning this week with over 200 kids in quarantine due to Covid concerns. I hope they all stay healthy. So fortunate that the teams got a season in!

Instead of criticizing other teams kids, which really should be off limits, tell us who your top 3-4 players are.

Minerva:
Jimmy Common, Sr 210 lb running back and linebacker, led the team in rushing (760 on 115 carries) and tackles (around 90).

Jarrett Burress, Sr 295 lineman, physically dominate at times, extremely strong and a very good athlete, 2019 - stark county wrestler of the year,

Brayden Costea, Jr -played various positions on defense, good tackler and always seemed to be around the ball

Last edited:
sorry boss, my grandparents are dead so not the case there. But do believe it was you who said # 5 and 13 had scouts all over them?? Really, reality is they probably would be warming bench on 75 % of ebc teams.
Yep your delusional. Thank you for illustrating you know nothing about football or talented player.

You can be a really good high school player and not be D1. Usually D1 is based on a lot not just how they look on Friday’s, it’s how big/strong/fast they are
Elite I think we finally may agree on something. If I may add. Many D1 recruits have the “it factor “. I’m a firm believer that you can’t put in what God left out.

You can be a really good high school player and not be D1. Usually D1 is based on a lot not just how they look on Friday’s, it’s how big/strong/fast they are
I agree, even D2 and D3 requires big/strong/fast. Not the elite level as D1 but if a kid can play at the next level and have success , he his a stud and extremely dedicated to the sport.

I agree, even D2 and D3 requires big/strong/fast. Not the elite level as D1 but if a kid can play at the next level and have success , he his a stud and extremely dedicated to the sport.
Agree. Few and far between will ever play on Sundays. Their Education and Monetary assistant received for participating in a sport they love Should be the main goal at any level D1-D3.

Congratulations to WBs Hillyer - EBC player of the year and Harris- coach of the year. And all is the players in the list.

FIRST TEAM

Brandon Alexander Alliance 12
Braidyn Hartsoe Alliance 12
Trent Chavers Canton South 12
Nick Stauffer Canton South 12
Sha’mar Blackmon Canton South 12
Drew Noll Canton South 12
Josh Knipp Carrollton 12
Talen Timberlake Carrollton 12
Chase Oehlstrom Carrollton 10
Isaiah Harrison Marlington 12
Danny Grimes Marlington 11
Nolan Hooker Marlington 12
Jarrett Burress Minerva 12
Jimmy Common Minerva 12
Jax Booth Salem 12
Jackson Johnson Salem 10
Carson Stockman Salem 11
Blaize Exline Salem 11
Brock Hillyer West Branch 12
Nick Wilson West Branch 11
Brock Smith West Branch 12
David McKeiver West Branch 12
Alek Wilson West Branch 12

SECOND TEAM

Kayden Davis Alliance 10
Andrew Datz Alliance 12
Dylan Bugara Alliance 12
Cole Burch Canton South 12
Kaylob Humes Canton South 12
Caleb Lott Canton South 11
Jack Snyder Canton South 9
Luke Warner Carrollton 12
Joey Beard Carrollton 12
Justin Naylor Carrollton 12
Christioan Hicks Marlington 12
Rome Sims Marlington 11
Connor Evanich Marlington 11
Sam Dine Marlington 11
Brayden Costea Minerva 11
Caleb Stockman Salem 11
Cooper Gottschling Salem 12
Divine Allah Salem 12
Dru DeShields West Branch 10
Steve Marra West Branch 11
Andrew Coffee West Branch 12
Josh Gregory West Branch 12
Greg Rockwell West Branch 11

HONORABLE MENTION

Enrique Curry Alliance 12
Thomas Butt Alliance 11
Gavin Strohl Canton South 12
Ethan Fricke Canton South 9
Dominick Speelman Carrollton 11
Gage Poole Carrollton 12
Evan Bland Marlington 12
Luke Tortola Marlington 11
Derek Hurst Minerva 12
Erik Murray Minerva 11
Landon Cooper Salem 12
Dillon Monroy Salem 10
Kenny Marra West Branch 12
Jed Smith West Branch 11

Last edited:
What are expectations out of West Branch next year? Looks like they have some talent coming back. No idea if they have anyone ready to step up...

I don’t know anything about Carrollton, but Salem and Alliance are my tops... edge to Salem.

What are expectations out of West Branch next year? Looks like they have some talent coming back. No idea if they have anyone ready to step up...

I don’t know anything about Carrollton, but Salem and Alliance are my tops... edge to Salem.

Salem is going to be returning a lot. Carrollton Had a Sophomore loaded team that went 3 rounds deep in playoffs. Alliance has a great up coming Sophomore class lead by QB Zurbrugg.

Not in order but Salem, Alliance, Carrollton are top 3 teams followed by Marlington, West Branch, Canton South, Minerva.

Minerva needs to get a young dude on coaching staff to buy in their history and get the kids to come back out. I watched Minerva Wrestling destroy Alliance. Those kids need to be on the football team.

Forsure going to have some great QB match ups

WrestBranch with another DeSheilds at QB
Alliance having Zurburgg - Kid has a Cannon
Salem having Johnson

I don’t see a clear cut favorite which makes for an exciting year. Have to think Alliance, Salem, WB and Carrollton should all have good teams. South and Marlington should add some balance. If kids don’t go back out in Minerva it’s going to be a very long few years again. They are looking at about a 20 man roster with very small junior and senior classes. Hopefully the Lions can build on a strong finish and get some kids back out but I am hearing even fielding a team every week may be a challenge in 2021.

I don’t see a clear cut favorite which makes for an exciting year. Have to think Alliance, Salem, WB and Carrollton should all have good teams. South and Marlington should add some balance. If kids don’t go back out in Minerva it’s going to be a very long few years again. They are looking at about a 20 man roster with very small junior and senior classes. Hopefully the Lions can build on a strong finish and get some kids back out but I am hearing even fielding a team every week may be a challenge in 2021.

I’m hearing the same thing about numbers. The middle school grade levels are fielding very good to competitive teams and there is some depth but I don’t really know about each grade level. Gonna be another tough couple years but at least we know we have an excellent wrestling program. Kudos to Hilliard for what he’s building.

I’m hearing the same thing about numbers. The middle school grade levels are fielding very good to competitive teams and there is some depth but I don’t really know about each grade level. Gonna be another tough couple years but at least we know we have an excellent wrestling program. Kudos to Hilliard for what he’s building.
The wrestling team is really good in the upper weight classes too, which really should translate to physical football. I like what Hilliard has built. There has to be some pressure on Hundley to get this thing going in a positive direction . Other than a freshman running back, who is apparently moving, there isn’t really anyone to look out for. I didn’t expect a league championship this year but they really underachieved with some pretty good seniors. I am hearing that 2021 could be the least talented and smallest team they have had. Also the numbers will be down even more.

The wrestling team is really good in the upper weight classes too, which really should translate to physical football. I like what Hilliard has built. There has to be some pressure on Hundley to get this thing going in a positive direction . Other than a freshman running back, who is apparently moving, there isn’t really anyone to look out for. I didn’t expect a league championship this year but they really underachieved with some pretty good seniors. I am hearing that 2021 could be the least talented and smallest team they have had. Also the numbers will be down even more.

Minervas OC needs to be gone!

Mark is a well liked coach from all the players.

Minerva is has success in Wrestling, Soccer, Track, Cross Country, and Coach Green does great with Basketball.

Hire Hilliard on Football staff to get all wrestlers out on team

Hire a young hungry coach - to get the kids back out.

Have someone (coach) interact with the kids.

I been told that theres a lot of kids that want to play but dont want the embarrassment of not winning....

Got to rebuild the culture out there.

Minervas OC needs to be gone!

Mark is a well liked coach from all the players.

The OC is friends with Hundley, which is the reason he came up from Columbus to coach at Minerva. The irony is that many thought we were getting a fresh start but the Minerva OC once again wiggled his way back in. I really feel that he is and has been a major part of the problem, ever since Spinell brought him up from Fla in the early 00s. I’m not sure how anyone in their right mind can rationalize continually hiring back a coach that has been fired 3 times. It is a testament to the dysfunction in our proud football program.

They are paying Hundley to do nothing but coach football and that should give him plenty of opportunities to speak with the kids at school. But how many coaches are on staff in the buildings right now? That makes a big difference for any school trying to improve numbers and establish a stable program

The OC is friends with Hundley, which is the reason he came up from Columbus to coach at Minerva. The irony is that many thought we were getting a fresh start but the Minerva OC once again wiggled his way back in. I really feel that he is and has been a major part of the problem, ever since Spinell brought him up from Fla in the early 00s. I’m not sure how anyone in their right mind can rationalize continually hiring back a coach that has been fired 3 times. It is a testament to the dysfunction in our proud football program.

They are paying Hundley to do nothing but coach football and that should give him plenty of opportunities to speak with the kids at school. But how many coaches are on staff in the buildings right now? That makes a big difference for any school trying to improve numbers and establish a stable program
Interesting. This season was Hundley's chance to take a step in rebuilding the program. Maybe the 2 wins at the end of the year was the start of a turnaround but I dont see it. They are losing most of their talent and line, things will probably get worse before they get better. 2021 and 22 are going to be a very long seasons for the Lions. . Minerva has talent in the lower levels, the question is what will Hundley do to keep that talent on the field. Hopefully more kids decide to play again but if things stay the same it's going to be pretty bad stretch for Lions football.

Interesting. This season was Hundley's chance to take a step in rebuilding the program. Maybe the 2 wins at the end of the year was the start of a turnaround but I dont see it. They are losing most of their talent and line, things will probably get worse before they get better. 2021 and 22 are going to be a very long seasons for the Lions. . Minerva has talent in the lower levels, the question is what will Hundley do to keep that talent on the field. Hopefully more kids decide to play again but if things stay the same it's going to be pretty bad stretch for Lions football.

‘88, I think for the time being we are a wrestling school. It’s gonna be a rough 2-3 years indeed. If the OC is the person I think it is then yes he’s been fired 3 times as a coach at Minerva. And he and Hundley have been friends for many years. He’s the type that blames the kids if they don’t understand the offense he’s trying to run and has trouble adapting to the talent and skill he has. I know he’s been a successful coach in the past but that was with superior talent during Minerva’s last playoff run. I also don’t think it’s fair to blame one person for the struggles but I do think he’s been a major part of the problem.