The Official 2022 Cincinnati Reds Thread

This season is going to embarrass the Reds organization from basically the top down. If the Castellini’s are capable of being embarrassed.

Imagine working on your second 10 game losing streak 24 games into the season.

David Bell's time has to be running out, yeah? This of course isn't all his fault, but the wheels have completely fallen off the bus. Feels like the only thing Krall can do at this point is fire the manager and hope something changes.

We only lost by two touchdowns. And so far we are only 0-2 in this 10 game chunk. We can turn this around!

( I'm on the 14red serum)

Sigh. 28th in runs scored, 29th in BA, 30th in OPS. The offense is the awful.

The pitching says "hold my beer".
- 30th in ERA with 6.68 (29th place is 4.89)
- 30th in WHIP with 1.69
- 30th with .281 BA allowed

If an individual pitcher had 6.68 ERA, 1.69 WHIP after a month or more you would send him to AAA or DFA him, unless he had a proven track record. What do you do when the entire staff has those numbers? Answer: lose 21 of 24.

This season is going to embarrass the Reds organization from basically the top down. If the Castellini’s are capable of being embarrassed.

Imagine working on your second 10 game losing streak 24 games into the season.
“Shut up and enjoy your Joey Votto Jedi bobblehead, loser.” - Reds management

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

David Bell's time has to be running out, yeah? This of course isn't all his fault, but the wheels have completely fallen off the bus. Feels like the only thing Krall can do at this point is fire the manager and hope something changes.
As soon as Krall fires the manager, Krall is the next one out the door. He’s in CYA mode at this point, as far as I’m concerned.

David Bell is a terrible manager and could have rightfully been fired after any of the previous three seasons, but at this point if I were Bell, I’d pull a Costanza and drag the 1990 World Series trophy behind my car up and down Joe Nuxhall Way until Phil takes the hint.

More history made:

1. The Reds join the 1894 Washington Senators as the only National League teams to ever lose 21 of their first 24 games.

2. The Reds have lost 12 consecutive road games within the same season for the first time since 1945.

And think about it, as each day goes by, we’re less than 3 months from the trade deadline. So Tommy Pham will likely get freed from the dumpster pretty soon if he keeps hitting. Castillo will get freed from the dumpster. And then the Reds can finish the season with Gutierrez rejoining the rotation and the manager running an outfield of Senzel, Fraley and Naquin out there every day.

The Castellini’s are giving me an opportunity. I’ve never seen a team with a sub .100 win percentage 20+ games into the season. Might get the opportunity.

In case you’re wondering about 14Red’s thoughts, he was busy trying to defend the Reds as relevant and worth watching by arguing with local sports talk radio personalities on Twitter:

Attachments

• 7FABF689-501A-4BEC-B5EC-5297F5FCD13B.jpeg
    7FABF689-501A-4BEC-B5EC-5297F5FCD13B.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 32
  • AD7D12B3-E49E-40C2-9CE8-17B18C7C67E3.jpeg
    AD7D12B3-E49E-40C2-9CE8-17B18C7C67E3.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 55C1B56D-EEC6-4795-AD4E-2666859FC2C4.jpeg
    55C1B56D-EEC6-4795-AD4E-2666859FC2C4.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 33
Got offered free “Opening Day” (not opening day) tickets down the first base line. Turned them down. The Reds have been my summer entertainment and Opening Day my favorite day of year, my entire life. That’s where I’m at with this organization.

I’ll have them on in the background but pay little attention. If they come close to some losing record…I’ll pay more attention and cheer for that
No one carves out time in the evenings anymore to watch Reds.

Not sure who all saw this: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/is-this-the-end-for-joey-votto/

Fangraphs puts a ton of interesting data together, and they wrote an article a couple days ago forecasting that Joey may be near the end. Joey put a post on social media with a link to the article and said "5 months to go, enjoy the show!".

It is not clear if he meant he will retire at the end of the season, or if he expects to be much improved the next 5 months, or what. But interesting nonetheless. He may have just been clowning around too.

Last edited:
No one carves out time in the evenings anymore to watch Reds.
True, but old habits die hard. My wife and I were watching a show, and I checked my phone early on and saw Reds up 2-0. After the show, I flipped to Bally and it was 6-2 Brewers. Gutierrez walked the next guy, and I was gone. Not going to waste time on this crap.

And the first two Brewers promptly homer off Greene. Haha.

Greene broke the streak at least!

He did not pitch well as he gave up 5 home runs, but he did pitch well enough to allow fewer runs than hits. He gave up 9 hits but only 8 runs!

The two games prior Red's pitching gave up 6 hits and 6 runs and 18 hits 18 runs respectively. Feels like we may be about to turn the corner on the season if more pitchers can give up fewer runs than hits.

I need whatever reality-altering substances you are on. There are exactly zero reasons to believe this team will be 15 games over .500 the rest of the way.
I was simply laying out the numbers. And you are correct, for a team that is currently running out a mostly triple A/ double A lineup, it's not going to get much better.

Reds at division leading Milwaukee for 3 beginning tonight. Mahle, Gutierrez, Greene. ... I know Milwaukee is leading the division right now, but to me that's not a great team. Brunes and Woodruff are good starters but after that they are just ok and their lineup is just ok. Unlike the Reds, the Brewers April was littered with teams like the Cubs, Pirates and Orioles, so I feel their record is a little misleading.
Well, Milwaukee was just OK enough to edge the Reds and our so called "best 3" in the rotation 34-12. 11 home runs in 3 games.

I wonder how many games it will take for the Reds to have double digit wins? That would be a great bar contest to draw in customers. LOL! My guess you be 55.