The Official 2021 EBC football thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s the league look this year? Will the new Alliance coach return the aviators to their spot as the team to beat in the league? Will the lions remain the cellar dwellers of the league?
My prediction
1. Carrollton
2. Salem
3. Marlington
4. Alliance
5. Westbranch
6. South
7. Minerva

How’s the league look this year? Will the new Alliance coach return the aviators to their spot as the team to beat in the league? Will the lions remain the cellar dwellers of the league?
My prediction
1. Carrollton
2. Salem
3. Marlington
4. Alliance
5. Westbranch
6. South
7. Minerva
I really like whom you have as the #1 ranked team, they definitely have a team that will be good for the next two seasons! I will give you my predictions.
1. Carrollton. They have the skill and they do have the strength and experience on the O-Line. They should be real decent on the Defense side of the ball. The kids will have to continue to buy into coach T system!
2. Salem. I think them and Carrollton will have a battle for the top spot. They will have a lot of fire power.
3. WestBranch. This team will continue to be strong. I hear they lost some talent, but at the same time they will have kids to step up, not surprised if they would still take that top spot.
4. Marlington. This a tough pick, I feel with good coaching they could knock off the top teams.
5. Canton South . They will still be a decent team from what they last year. They should have a good air attack.
6. Alliance. They will need a couple seasons to build back up. Definitely have some talent. They may even have the best skill talent in the league.
7. Minerva. I hear numbers continue to drop for the football program. They have work to do to build the program back up. Definitely have some good athletes in Minerva.

Really looking forward to the football season! Full stadiums and some great games!

I think Salem and Carrollton are the teams to beat. I expect Alliance to be competitive but they are a year away. Lot of young kids will be playing, the next few years Alliance should have teams similar to 2017-2019

I think West Branch actually has a good amount back. Their star WR was a Junior last year. And there’s another Desheilds coming up. WB should be fine.

I don’t know much about Carrollton or Canton South. But WB and Salem should both be pretty good again. I think Marlington had an impressive young QB last year. And Alliance should b a lot better.

The season is right around the corner and I expect a battle for the title and would not be suprised to have a shared title. It should be a balanced leage and I really look forward to sitting in the stands. Her is how i see but if wouldn't surprise me if any of the 1st wis the title. I will go with Salem since they seem to win in just about every sport.

1a - Salem - Serious athletes and a lot of speed coming back, excellet QB.
1b - Carrollton - very good running back and tough defense as always
1c - West Branch - feels like WB is back to the days where they reload, not rebuild, another good QB at WB
1d - Alliance - legit D1 prospect at running back and some very good talant, heard good things about new coach but how will they adjust?
5 - Marlington - look see them compeitive but don't know if they have the athletes to knock off all of the top 4.
6 - Canton South - good young QB, I really don't know how much they lost after a great season last year so putting them here.
7 - Minerva - some decent skilled kids but not a lot of linemen and no depth, looks to be a rebuiding year after 2-8 and 0-6 league record.

I agree but Kayden Davis from Alliance may be a contender, he is a game changer. I just read in a preseason preview that Salem’s O-line averages over 270 this year. Wow!
Tough to go with alliance that high from what they were a year ago as well that’s why I went Salem

Every game should be a barn burner other then when Minerva is involved. This should be an absolute blast for a fan sitting in the stands each week. People like competitive games and your going to get it.

Has anyone seen any scrimmages? And who does everyone scrimmage in the next couple of weeks?
Didn't get a chance to see Minerva against Malvern. But I heard Malvern had the upper hand and Minerva has decent skilled kids but overall low numbers and very little depth on the line. probably going to be overmatched in most league games but maybe they can compete on NC games, United, Sandy Valley, Beaver Local and Southeast?? next scrimmage is Friday against East Canton so hopefully they improve and can be more competitive in the EBC. Minerva struggled last you but still have to replace some pretty good players and around 15 graduates. As much as i hate to say it I think its going to be another tough year and probably a tough couple of years for the Lions.

If anyone was at the scrimmage -what did you see?

Finally 1st week of football. Who ya got?
Alliance at Lake
Coventry at Marlington
Minerva at United
Salem at Crestview
Akron North at Canton South
West Branch at E. Liverpool
St. Clairsville at Carrollton

My pick
Lake
Marlington
Minerva...go Lions
Salem
South
West Branch
Carrollton

This is always fun!
Lake
Marlington
United
Salem in a tight game.
South
WB
Carrollton will have there hands full with St.C
But go Warriors!
Good luck to all the EBC teams!

Alliance at Lake
Coventry at Marlington
Minerva at United
Salem at Crestview

My pick
Lake
Marlington
Minerva...go Lions
Salem
South
West Branch
Carrollton
lake
Marlington
United
Salem
South
Wb
St C’s

Alliance at Lake
Coventry at Marlington
Minerva at United
Salem at Crestview

My pick
Lake
Marlington
Minerva...go Lions
Salem
South
West Branch
Carrollton
Lake
Coventry
United
Salem
South
West Branch
St. Clairsville - probably the best game of the week- pulling for the warriors but have to go with st C...

Alliance first scrimmage held their own against Jackson...2nd scrimmage didn't play well vs a seasoned Hoover squad but Hoover knew Goodman's offense since he was their OC for 5 years....I think Alliance will surprise the league...great back and soph Brennan Zurbrugg at QB will def open some eyes.

Alliance at Lake
Coventry at Marlington
Minerva at United
Salem at Crestview

My pick
Lake
Marlington
Minerva...go Lions
Salem
South
West Branch
Carrollton
EBC OOC tradition will continue, I see Marlington as the only W they will get in week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.