The Official 2021 Cincinnati Reds Thread

I think Hoffman is in that spot, just because, not because he's considered our 3rd best pitcher. The Reds, I think are looking at pitching different, like alot of teams. I think they are more concerned with the relief pitchers in the 5-6-7th innings. Starting pitching is less important as time goes by. Many teams just want to survive the first 3-4 4 innings, then go to the bullpen.
The only teams thinking that way are teams without quality starters. Hoffman belongs in AAA. Why not put him 5th and skip him when days off allow? Hopefully Sonny, Antone and Lorenzen are back soon and we have an MLB rotation again.

Reds suck..... geez, couldn't make it out of the first inning and already getting blown out. Looks like nothing has changed.

Not sure I remember an Opening Day in my lifetime where the Reds were blown out in the 1st inning.

Edit: TV crew just said most runs agains the Reds in opening day in 100 years. Ended last season with a record and started this one with a record.

1 out and runner on 3rd.... you have to get that runner in but unfortunately the worse player to have up in this situation is that crap dud Votto....

That base running error by Stephenson was really costly. I can understand misjudging the depth of a fly ball and tagging too late, but how can you not know the number of outs? That’s a horrible mistake, even for the 1st game. It not only cost the Reds an out, it cost them a run. It should’ve been 11-7 with runners on the corners and 2 outs. Instead it was an inning ending play with no runs. Just a really awful, stupid play.

That base running error by Stephenson was really costly. I can understand misjudging the depth of a fly ball and tagging too late, but how can you not know the number of outs? That’s a horrible mistake, even for the 1st game. It not only cost the Reds an out, it cost them a run. It should’ve been 11-7 with runners on the corners and 2 outs. Instead it was an inning ending play with no runs. Just a really awful, stupid play.

Plus, Votto not being able to scoop not one but two easy one hoppers led to a number of unearned runs. Walking the pitcher twice is inexcusable.