The official 2021 Canton McKinley Football discussion

DaveDawg

The Bulldog
I wonder if Yappi will provide the same disclaimer here that exists on the 2021 Massillon thread... with that said...
Announcing Canton McKinley's 2021 tentative football schedule.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 2.07.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 2.07.49 PM.png

Last edited:

Wanted to see Harding renew the contract with Canton McKinley, but the Bulldogs picked up Mentor for week 1. Not sure what Harding is doing for week 3 (I heard the Massillon game got moved to week 5). ?

Nice schedule though. Best of luck to the Bulldogs! ??

Wanted to see Harding renew the contract with Canton McKinley, but the Bulldogs picked up Mentor for week 1. Not sure what Harding is doing for week 3 (I heard the Massillon game got moved to week 5). ?

If WGH is interested, I'm sure McKinley would play at Warren week 3. Gotta call Hall.

It's December 15, 2020

What does McKinley have coming back?

#16. Mani Powell RB/LB (11)
6' - 4" 225 lb
1st Team All Ohio
1st Team All Northeast Inland District Football Team

#72 Stefan Monohan OL/DL (11)
6"- 8" 295 lb
3rd Team All Ohio

#05 Harrod Fanin WR/DB (11)
6' - 4" 215 lb
Honroable Mention All Northeast Inland District Football Team

#12 Will Jeter QB/DB (11)
5' - 10" 175

#19 Amarion Williams QB/DB (11)
5' - 08" 165 lb

:) ;) :p :unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:
IMO Mck needs another D-1 Power on their schedule, Right now this is a very average schedule and an average D-2 schedule at that. Making the playoffs has become easier with 12 or maybe 16 teams taken so a loss or two really can't hurt much if the team learns from them.

IMO Mck needs another D-1 Power on their schedule, Right now this is a very average schedule and an average D-2 schedule at that. Making the playoffs has become easier with 12 or maybe 16 teams taken so a loss or two really can't hurt much if the team learns from them.
Exactly!

In the long run that would probably be beneficial but it’s sure not fun to start the year off with a couple of L’s. That might not go over well for Wattley especially since it seems like his seat is heating up.

In the long run that would probably be beneficial but it’s sure not fun to start the year off with a couple of L’s. That might not go over well for Wattley especially since it seems like his seat is heating up.
Every coach at McKinley is in a hot seat. That knob is always set on high.

Please get a reality check to anyone who keeps mentioning Jeter and Williams as potential 2021 QBs. Neither one has the size or the talent to lead McKinley to victories in big games. Fact!

Wattley's offense relied too heavily on his QB. Will hurt him this year . McKinley needs a defensive coordinator bad. Their defense stinks.
'Don't blame the player, blame the coach' paraphrase Urban Myer.

Heard they picked up Hudson, but not sure which week

Heard they picked up Hudson, but not sure which week
Game 3—-Warren Harding at Hudson. (September 3, 2021)

Great news. Hate to see McKinley go, but after visiting Hudson for the playoff game, I thought they’d be a perfect addition to the schedule. Nice program, easy drive, should draw lots of interest, etc.

Definitely can’t complain!

It's December 15, 2020

What does McKinley have coming back?

#16. Mani Powell RB/LB (11)
6' - 4" 225 lb
1st Team All Ohio

#72 Stefan Monohan OL/DL (11)
6"- 8" 295 lb
3rd Team All Ohio

#05 Harrod Fanin WR/DB (11)
6' - 4" 215 lb
Honroable Mention All Northeast Inland District Football Team

#12 Will Jeter QB/DB (11)
5' - 10" 175

#19 Amarion Williams QB/DB (11)
5' - 08" 165 lb

:) ;) :p :unsure:

Thanks for answering the question!

I'd love to see McKinley football get back on the right track. Football in NEO is more fun when the Bulldogs are in the mix. I hope Wattley is the guy as every indication is that he is a good man. I am hoping for a combination of him being the guy and the community committing to the program because without those two elements a rebound won't happen.

It's January 06, 2021

Does anyone know if Canton McKinley filled the third week opening yet?

UPPER ARLINGTON, MEDINA, BRUNSWICK Are Open.

TAKE UPPER ARLINGTON

;) :unsure: :p :)

Last edited:
This year will probably be their best chance to win the bell back, even thought is usually a good game regardless of talent levels.

Not trying to answer for him but the Tigers have one returning starter back on D (Brawley) and 3 on O (Woods, Lee & Hartson.) Could THAT be his reason? IDK....I'm not sure who all the pups have returning. Now....if that's his reason that's fair, but I know that even with us lacking in experience next year, there is a lot of talent that simply needs developed. Look at Wise this year, outside of the staff, his teammates and his family I highly doubt anyone saw him having THAT kind of a season.

Its in post #11. Try to keep up.
Thank you very much, but one would naturally assume that a school the size of McKinley would have more than 5 kids returning....especially with the claim that this is their best chance to win back the bell. Let me rephrase, who else does McKinley have returning, other than the 5 kids in post 11?
They don't have to be returning starters, just kids who contributed.