The official 2021 Canton McKinley Football discussion

Kenny Peterson I believe helped out with the football team last year.
Antonio Hall is the AD for McKinley.

https://www.cantonrep.com/story/new...utside-canton-help-community-need/6441604002/

McKinley AD Antonio Hall said the co-founders of Canton Outside of Canton have set a strong example for others. Other members of the group include Warren Pyles, Reggie Kelley, Eric Showes, Tiffany Polite, Rod Gordon, Ron Stokes, Kenny Peterson, Mike Doss, and Tyler Everett.

Another post from thoughtful poster JLP who only wants positive football discussion:

There really is no attraction....matter of fact, I would imagine it's the very opposite of "attraction" that's contributing to the delays and $ issues. Canton has the reputation of being a dirty dangerous town. I would hate to take my family there, leave after dark and have to stop for gas or have my car breakdown somewhere in the heart of Canton.
The "attraction" I post about is the attraction to the potential HOF village, not the attraction to potential transfers landing at McKinley. As far as the quote from me above....I stand by that.

Kenny Peterson I believe helped out with the football team last year.

Antonio Hall is the AD for McKinley.
Didn't realize that about Kenny, in what capacity did he help? That's good for the program. As far as Hall, I guess I kind of remember that now that you mention it, wasn't he on the coaching staff before that?

https://www.cantonrep.com/story/new...utside-canton-help-community-need/6441604002/

McKinley AD Antonio Hall said the co-founders of Canton Outside of Canton have set a strong example for others. Other members of the group include Warren Pyles, Reggie Kelley, Eric Showes, Tiffany Polite, Rod Gordon, Ron Stokes, Kenny Peterson, Mike Doss, and Tyler Everett.
That's absolutely wonderful and is to be applauded, but the article says that Ellis lives in Arizona and Clark lives in Dallas....it also says that Hall is the only one who still calls Canton home, I'm talking about people around the program, maybe not daily, but often, people who stop by the grounds during practice or standing on the sidelines during games.

Also this just happened:

Since you're into quoting my critical posts about Canton, why didn't you include my post (#15) in this ^ thread? The one where I gave him credit.

Doesn't matter, I'm just happy we'really able to discuss this civilly.

Schedule is shaping up to be one of the best around, easily!

Go Dogs!!!!!!
Agreed, non conference games with Massillon and Mentor, who are two of the best teams in the state regardless of division....Fitch had a great year in '20 and will hopefully build off of that. In conference play Perry will undoubtedly be competitive, but with what McKinley has returning, in addition to the transfers BigBulldog mentioned, I have the dogs winning the fed.

If the Pups can't beat Massillon and make a deep run in the play-offs this year they never will

The transfers are really good this year.

Looking forward to getting back to Canton to check out the Pups first scrimmage against Ed’s and Pick North- great scrimmage for all 3 squads.

Any word on week 3? Rumor was Pick Central? The OOC schedule would go from great to brutal

If the Pups can't beat Massillon and make a deep run in the play-offs this year they never will

The transfers are really good this year.
Who are the transfers? Agreed, a win against Massillon and a deep playoff run could make McKinley a very attractive destination for transfers. The basketball team has been good, but not great for a little while and 40% of its starting lineup are transfers. The same could happen to the football program.

I for one hope that any transfers to the McKinley football program would include a top notch quarterback, who can effectively throw passes with consistency accuracy, read defensive schemes and have some ability to scramble and run the football when necessary. A "pure running" QB seldom wins consistently. Much too easy to predict and defend.

Looking forward to getting back to Canton to check out the Pups first scrimmage against Ed’s and Pick North- great scrimmage for all 3 squads.

Any word on week 3? Rumor was Pick Central? The OOC schedule would go from great to brutal
Even without a Pickerington Central addition, McKinley's non con schedule is pretty darn good. McKinley's non con schedule hasn't been exactly horrible but the addition of Mentor takes it up a notch and a potential Pick Central addition would make it one of the, if not THE best non con schedules in D1. This is the kind of scheduling McKinley needs to get back to prominence.

One thing people never talk about is how the region setups are so different then in the past. Massillon fans will even remember the old region 2 wasn't always difficult so it was much easier to make a deep playoff run. You didn't have to face Ignatius till the semi final game now with stark county D1 schools all being in region1 you might have to play Mentor, St. Ignatius or say St Eds in round one or two. IMO deep playoff runs are a thing of the past for D1 schools in stark county.

One thing people never talk about is how the region setups are so different then in the past. Massillon fans will even remember the old region 2 wasn't always difficult so it was much easier to make a deep playoff run. You didn't have to face Ignatius till the semi final game now with stark county D1 schools all being in region1 you might have to play Mentor, St. Ignatius or say St Eds in round one or two. IMO deep playoff runs are a thing of the past for D1 schools in stark county.
I think a bigger problem for Stark D1 programs is qualifying in the first place. Since the reconfigure, Stark D1 teams have played 31 combined seasons and in 13 of those, they didnt even qualify. Make that 15 if they wouldn't have allowed everyone to participate this year, Jackson and GlenOak wouldn't have qualified. Stark D1 programs are 4-17since 2013 and you're absolutely not wrong Caleb, with Iggy, St. Ed & Mentor, it's going to be tough sledding getting out of region 1. Stark D1's have lost to those three 9 times with 0 wins....BUT....they have also been excused from the playoffs by Hudson (1), Whitmer (1), Stow (1), Euclid (2), Brunswick (2) and Solon (1).

Stark D1 programs are a miserable 4-17 since 2013 with McKinley owning 3 of those wins and GlenOak the other....but here's the problem....the 4 wins are against Solon (8-3), Solon (8-3), Berea (8-3) and Berea (4-6). Jackson is 0-4 with 4 DNQ's....Perry is 0-2 with 1 DNQ and Hoover hasn't qualified at the D1 level at all in 4 attempts. We have to be better as a county.

Because it clearly helps the opportunity for students who want to chose their pathway through high school without asking them to move, come on 82 don't be silly, the numerous recruits you guys get is a definite advantage. And fans constantly argue about choice of the students who happen to go there. I would like McK to be an option of choice as well just like your school is. Obvious you HONK
See where you lose credibility is when you refer to kids moving to Massillon as recruits. Then say you want McKinley to have the same option of choice as Massillon but they are just transfers.

Two sets of photos here. The originals that Sam Bourquin provided and then the same photos with what the 1 of 2 scoreboards will look like installed (keeping the old one in view as a comparison). That west end zone scoreboard will stand just a tad over 3 stories high, look close at Sam’s photos and you can see the framework to support it... And it’s McKinley football that will get the most use out of it. Lucky Pups.
D4DE3D26-CA67-4CDE-83A8-CFE8592BAC98.jpeg
F8CB02DF-CAEF-4709-BA54-212C41AC7DC4.jpeg

OK ohiopup,which McK football player had the longest career in the NFL?

Wayne Fontes
Player: 1 yr (1962)
Coach: 25 years (1972~1996)
Total: 26 Years

John Grimsley
Player: 10 years (1984~1993)

Josh McDaniels
Coach: 20 years (2001~2020)

Motley had 9 years as a player (1946~1953 & 1955)

:>---

SALT

It's February 12, 2021

Anything on FINDING a Week Three Opponent YET????

:);):cool::unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off