The Official 2020 Cleveland Indians Thread

This is what we can expect with an owner that runs the team like a thrift shop. The front office should win awards for keeping them in it year after year on a shoestring budget.

This aged bad.

Ummm, it's not a week old Brian. You need to stop judging things on a week of games. So now they're a high spending juggernaut as opposed to an inconsistent team with the lowest budget in baseball held together by a good front office?

Last edited:
SEATTLE -- The streak is over.

Shane Bieber left Sunday’s start against the Mariners with seven strikeouts to end his MLB record of 20 straight starts with eight or more strikeouts. The streak started on July 24, 2020.

- BNN See Ball Hit Ball

I just can't believe these batting averages,not just The Tribe but all of baseball.Getting hard to watch the game,very slow and all pitching.

I don’t understand why Van Burkleo still has a job. He said the guys slumping, which is about 80% of the team, have to find their own way. If that’s the case, what purpose does he serve ? I don’t know how he can, in good conscience, take a pay check. It was setting up the same way, last year, and he smartly used COVID, to step away. On May 3, the Mets were 11-12, and fired their hitting coaches. Today they’re 25-20, and in 1st place. Don’t know how much better they’re hitting, but it definitely changed their clubhouse atmosphere. The Tribe needs to do the same, and Francona needs to have a “ Come to Jesus “ meeting, and tell his team to pull their heads out of their es, play some D, run the bases right, and hit the damn ball. Last but most definitely not least, if ownership does not wish to field a competitive team, then they should sell. When they open to full capacity, I doubt it will look much different than it does now. The fans deserve better. I know it’s a small market team, but so is St. Louis.

Last edited:
Wow. Tribe has the lowest payroll in the MLB (https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/), is 5 games over .500, in second place 3.5 games back as May ends. And yet you Tribe fans have nothing but complaints on this thread, and some of the complaints are with the coaching? The fact is many of these players are not on the MLB rosters in other organizations.

You have one place to direct your complaints. Tight-wad ownership. Meanwhile, try to enjoy your team. You are in the hunt.

Wow. Tribe has the lowest payroll in the MLB (https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/), is 5 games over .500, in second place 3.5 games back as May ends. And yet you Tribe fans have nothing but complaints on this thread, and some of the complaints are with the coaching? The fact is many of these players are not on the MLB rosters in other organizations.

You have one place to direct your complaints. Tight-wad ownership. Meanwhile, try to enjoy your team. You are in the hunt.
And ownership who is in the top tier in net worth in all of baseball.

I don’t understand why Van Burkleo still has a job. He said the guys slumping, which is about 80% of the team, have to find their own way. If that’s the case, what purpose does he serve ? I don’t know how he can, in good conscience, take a pay check. It was setting up the same way, last year, and he smartly used COVID, to step away. On May 3, the Mets were 11-12, and fired their hitting coaches. Today they’re 25-20, and in 1st place. Don’t know how much better they’re hitting, but it definitely changed their clubhouse atmosphere. The Tribe needs to do the same, and Francona needs to have a “ Come to Jesus “ meeting, and tell his team to pull their heads out of their es, play some D, run the bases right, and hit the damn ball.
I don't know about VB, but I do know the best hitting coach in the world cannot make minor league level talent competitive in the Major Leagues.

The Indians have maybe three or four legitimate Major League hitters on their roster.

I don't know about VB, but I do know the best hitting coach in the world cannot make minor league level talent competitive in the Major Leagues.

The Indians have maybe three or four legitimate Major League hitters on their roster.
And two of them on the hurt list now.

Right? And somehow the Braves go unscathed in this? With their fans doing war chants and the tomahawk on all their gear? It does seem that they have done away with their old Indian face logo, which was arguably as offensive as the goofy Chief Wahoo face.

1622813675265.png

I've seen better high school baseball than what the Tribe played today,very sad backup players on that team.I think they gave up four hits in a row in three innings,look like MightyMite baseball,,,owner's SUCK!

Jim Mudcat Grant has passed. The older folks among us will remember his analysis on Indiana tv broadcasts in the 60s.

Jim Mudcat Grant has passed. The older folks among us will remember his analysis on Indiana tv broadcasts in the 60s.

He was an outstanding athlete,they used him as a pinch hitter and runner.Just a good guy with a lot of talent and personality.

Last edited:
Try for wild card the division is over.
I'm know stating the obvious, but Cleveland is struggling with personnel this year. Ramirez is the only consistent offense, and the injury bug is killing the pitching staff. I don't want to give up on the season, but the front office should start thinking right now about bolstering the roster for future seasons. Plus, a talented manager like Francona isn't going to stick around forever if he has to keep pulling rabbits out of a hat to keep the Tribe in contention. It has to be frustrating for him.

As a Reds fan, I look at the Tribe bullpen with envy. You probably look at the Reds outfield depth with envy. I hope the 2 teams are talking. A swap of Reds OF (Aquino, Akiyama, Naquin or Senzel) for Tribe bullpen guys makes a lot of sense.

I'm no expert on MLB but as a casual fan, it seems to me like another one of those years for the Tribe. The wave of injuries is starting to hit and the one area of the team that seemed to be its strength-pitching-is showing some holes due to injuries and some "untimely nonperformance" from some of its members. I don't see the hitting turning around any time soon. It's way early, but I'm guessing they end up around 85-90 wins unless something big happens, good or bad. I see a "win-a few, lose a few" type of season remaining on the horizon with the team playing a lot of young players to see who can fit for the future. Hope I'm wrong, and they turn it on.

Last edited:
I'm no expert on MLB but as a casual fan, it seems to me like another one of those years for the Tribe. The wave of injuries is starting to hit and the one area of the team that seemed to be its strength-pitching-is showing some holes due to injuries and some "untimely nonperformance" from some of its members. I don't see the hitting turning around any time soon. It's way early, but I'm guessing they end up around 85-90 wins unless something big happens, good or bad. I see a "win-a few, lose a few" type of season remaining on the horizon with the team playing a lot of young players to see who can fit for the future. Hope I'm wrong, and they turn it on.
90 wins would be a tremendous achievement given the low salary and roster. 90-72 would be a great year! I suspect that if Bieber is out a while this is more of an 81-81 type team, the only saving grace is that Detroit, KC and the Twins are terrible, and the Tribe gets to play them a lot.

90 wins would be a tremendous achievement given the low salary and roster. 90-72 would be a great year! I suspect that if Bieber is out a while this is more of an 81-81 type team, the only saving grace is that Detroit, KC and the Twins are terrible, and the Tribe gets to play them a lot.
Just imagine if the owners, who are in the top tier of net worth among MLB owners, decided to spend beyond the bottom tier of team salaries.