The Official 2020 Cleveland Indians Thread

LICKING COUNTY FAN

Harold Ramirez played like he wants to stay.
Jake Bauers really needed anything good to happen for himself.
Yu Chang is going back to Columbus soon.

mcm.1019

We all realize this team likely ends up around .500 at the end of the season (hopefully), but at least they're hanging around early in the season. I look at the individual batting averages and just shake my head sometimes.

wolves82

^^
LOL at this guy. Back on the bandwagon, until they lose 2 in a row. Then he will want Tito fired again.

LICKING COUNTY FAN

Another fine showing by the minor league like offense. To be no hit twice in the opening weeks of the season shows what a long season this will be. The Central is off to such a horrible start that even a minor league like offense has a tiny drizzle of hope.

OldSoulon

Another fine showing by the minor league like offense. To be no hit twice in the opening weeks of the season shows what a long season this will be. The Central is off to such a horrible start that even a minor league like offense has a tiny drizzle of hope.
It's early, this team could be no-hit a couple more times this season.

clarkgriswold

This is what we can expect with an owner that runs the team like a thrift shop. The front office should win awards for keeping them in it year after year on a shoestring budget.

clarkgriswold

This aged bad.

Ummm, it's not a week old Brian. You need to stop judging things on a week of games. So now they're a high spending juggernaut as opposed to an inconsistent team with the lowest budget in baseball held together by a good front office?

Last edited:

The Butler

SEATTLE -- The streak is over.

Shane Bieber left Sunday’s start against the Mariners with seven strikeouts to end his MLB record of 20 straight starts with eight or more strikeouts. The streak started on July 24, 2020.

- BNN See Ball Hit Ball

Raymo

I just can't believe these batting averages,not just The Tribe but all of baseball.Getting hard to watch the game,very slow and all pitching.

buckeye53

I don’t understand why Van Burkleo still has a job. He said the guys slumping, which is about 80% of the team, have to find their own way. If that’s the case, what purpose does he serve ? I don’t know how he can, in good conscience, take a pay check. It was setting up the same way, last year, and he smartly used COVID, to step away. On May 3, the Mets were 11-12, and fired their hitting coaches. Today they’re 25-20, and in 1st place. Don’t know how much better they’re hitting, but it definitely changed their clubhouse atmosphere. The Tribe needs to do the same, and Francona needs to have a “ Come to Jesus “ meeting, and tell his team to pull their heads out of their es, play some D, run the bases right, and hit the damn ball. Last but most definitely not least, if ownership does not wish to field a competitive team, then they should sell. When they open to full capacity, I doubt it will look much different than it does now. The fans deserve better. I know it’s a small market team, but so is St. Louis.

Last edited:

wolves82

Wow. Tribe has the lowest payroll in the MLB (https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/), is 5 games over .500, in second place 3.5 games back as May ends. And yet you Tribe fans have nothing but complaints on this thread, and some of the complaints are with the coaching? The fact is many of these players are not on the MLB rosters in other organizations.

You have one place to direct your complaints. Tight-wad ownership. Meanwhile, try to enjoy your team. You are in the hunt.

OldSoulon

Wow. Tribe has the lowest payroll in the MLB (https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/), is 5 games over .500, in second place 3.5 games back as May ends. And yet you Tribe fans have nothing but complaints on this thread, and some of the complaints are with the coaching? The fact is many of these players are not on the MLB rosters in other organizations.

You have one place to direct your complaints. Tight-wad ownership. Meanwhile, try to enjoy your team. You are in the hunt.
And ownership who is in the top tier in net worth in all of baseball.

OldSoulon

I don’t understand why Van Burkleo still has a job. He said the guys slumping, which is about 80% of the team, have to find their own way. If that’s the case, what purpose does he serve ? I don’t know how he can, in good conscience, take a pay check. It was setting up the same way, last year, and he smartly used COVID, to step away. On May 3, the Mets were 11-12, and fired their hitting coaches. Today they’re 25-20, and in 1st place. Don’t know how much better they’re hitting, but it definitely changed their clubhouse atmosphere. The Tribe needs to do the same, and Francona needs to have a “ Come to Jesus “ meeting, and tell his team to pull their heads out of their es, play some D, run the bases right, and hit the damn ball.
I don't know about VB, but I do know the best hitting coach in the world cannot make minor league level talent competitive in the Major Leagues.

The Indians have maybe three or four legitimate Major League hitters on their roster.

Raymo

I don't know about VB, but I do know the best hitting coach in the world cannot make minor league level talent competitive in the Major Leagues.

The Indians have maybe three or four legitimate Major League hitters on their roster.
And two of them on the hurt list now.

wolves82

Right? And somehow the Braves go unscathed in this? With their fans doing war chants and the tomahawk on all their gear? It does seem that they have done away with their old Indian face logo, which was arguably as offensive as the goofy Chief Wahoo face.

1622813675265.png