The Official 2020 Cleveland Indians Thread

Tribe ace gets his first win finally,Rosey smackin the ball...who didn't like him?...BAM!

Fire terry francona.it a train wreck.

Dude you are a train wreck. Did Tito not tag up at 3rd on the triple play? Did he boot that ground ball in the 9th inning? Players lost the game.

Tito is a great manager with the 2nd lowest payroll roster in the MLB. I'm a Reds fan and would trade managers with you in a heartbeat. Grow up.

Dude you are a train wreck. Did Tito not tag up at 3rd on the triple play? Did he boot that ground ball in the 9th inning? Players lost the game.

Tito is a great manager with the 2nd lowest payroll roster in the MLB. I'm a Reds fan and would trade managers with you in a heartbeat. Grow up.
Tito is a great manager, for sure.

It's a shame that his everyday lineup is not much better than AAA quality.

Plus lots of guys that are playing out of position, or don't really even have a position.

We need new owners, instead of the Dolans, who are constantly crying about money. Owners that can afford to be in MLB.

Tito is a great manager, for sure.

It's a shame that his everyday lineup is not much better than AAA quality.

Plus lots of guys that are playing out of position, or don't really even have a position.

We need new owners, instead of the Dolans, who are constantly crying about money. Owners that can afford to be in MLB.
Yep. MLB could fix a lot of the inequity by having a hard salary cap and a hard salary floor. For those unaware, the salary floor would be minimum annual salary for the 40 man roster. You must spend at least $XX million annually, in order to be competitive. If you do not spend to the floor, you get fined on the difference. Cheap owners like the Dolans and the Tampa Bay guys can sell the team if they don't like it.

I know the MLBPA would be screaming against the salary cap, and the owners would be screaming against the salary floor. But the best solutions are always a compromise, for the good of all.

Jake bauer's should be at 1 in the 9 inning.
Couple of problems with this suggestion.

In baseball, the position "1" is pitcher. "2" is catcher, and so on. You wanted Bauers to pitch the 9th? LOL.

I know you wanted him at first base, but... Bauers had already been used as a PH in the 7th inning and was not available.

And if you are saying Bauers should be at first base the whole game, well, you can't have a first baseman batting .160 with no power. Tito knows more than you, face it.

I’m afraid Brian is going to be right. This is going to be a very poor year for the Indians. There just isn’t going to be enough hitting from this bargain basement lineup. Hernandez, Ramirez, E Rosario and Reyes will all hit adequately to great this year. Perez can play catcher and hit with some power, so he gets a pass. The other four sports in the lineup are manned by AAA types like the Mets rejects, Luplow, Naylor, Chang and Bauer. None have a real future in CLE other than possibly the Mets SS. Time to give Daniel Johnson a chance and work on a trade for a legit OF bat.

Tribe wins 3 in a row...The Franimal is killing the ball...Jose on a nice hitting streak...and Mr Doom and Gloom (aka Brian)...is just waiting in his parents basement for them to lose again so he can get on here and post some nonsense. Or maybe he's working on his Browns mock draft this week?

Harold Ramirez played like he wants to stay.
Jake Bauers really needed anything good to happen for himself.
Yu Chang is going back to Columbus soon.

We all realize this team likely ends up around .500 at the end of the season (hopefully), but at least they're hanging around early in the season. I look at the individual batting averages and just shake my head sometimes.

^^
LOL at this guy. Back on the bandwagon, until they lose 2 in a row. Then he will want Tito fired again.

Another fine showing by the minor league like offense. To be no hit twice in the opening weeks of the season shows what a long season this will be. The Central is off to such a horrible start that even a minor league like offense has a tiny drizzle of hope.

Another fine showing by the minor league like offense. To be no hit twice in the opening weeks of the season shows what a long season this will be. The Central is off to such a horrible start that even a minor league like offense has a tiny drizzle of hope.
It's early, this team could be no-hit a couple more times this season.