The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Castellanos career numbers say he is a great hitter. 100% glad to have him back. No one with any sense would judge a player with that track record on a bad month.
And I'll agree with that, IF - IF he reverts back to his normal numbers. I just feel we could shore up some other areas with the $14 mill the Reds will pay him. But at this point, our lineup is pretty well set.

CF - Senzel
RF- Castellanos
LF- Winker/ Shogo
1B Votto
2B Moustakas
SS - ??
3B - Suarez
C-Barnhard/ Stephenson

I think Winker could be on the move, I feel Shogo needs to be an everyday type player to get his full value.

Well, you cannot platoon two left-handed hitters in LF very logically. And both Winker and Shogo need to play every day, they are 2 of the best OBP guys on the team. Winker proved he can hit lefties.

There is only one logical thing to do with the roster as-is. Take Senzel, move him to SS, and play Shogo in CF and Winker in LF.

Or- second idea - Castellanos to 3B, Suarez to SS, and Winker in RF.

Well, you cannot platoon two left-handed hitters in LF very logically. And both Winker and Shogo need to play every day, they are 2 of the best OBP guys on the team. Winker proved he can hit lefties.

There is only one logical thing to do with the roster as-is. Take Senzel, move him to SS, and play Shogo in CF and Winker in LF.

Or- second idea - Castellanos to 3B, Suarez to SS, and Winker in RF.
Or Winker to 1B.