Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Dukes by 14 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dukes by a Milly

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Alliance by blowout

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

After scoping out their schedules, I'm giving the slight edge to Marlington due to home field advantage.
That doesn’t quite make sense . Despite the fact the dukes of 1 more win they have less computer points. Alliance beat lake , no way Marlington can claim they have win like that. Can’t say Alliance has the record I’d have expected at this point but, I still think they are a more talented team. I’ve seen both play. I’ll be shocked if this isn’t a high scoring affair.

That doesn’t quite make sense . Despite the fact the dukes of 1 more win they have less computer points. Alliance beat lake , no way Marlington can claim they have win like that. Can’t say Alliance has the record I’d have expected at this point but, I still think they are a more talented team. I’ve seen both play. I’ll be shocked if this isn’t a high scoring affair.

Alliance played Lake week 1, with a new RB for Lake learning the ropes. You move that game to later in the season Lake wins by 14. Alliance Defense can not stop any team that Runs the ball. (Loss to to Streetsboro, Carrollton, CCC). Their Defense had a rough matching up with Niles RB.

Marlington has turned everything around in a few short months with getting a head coach in March and a Defensive Coordinator in July. They might have fewer computer points but it’s only because of wins over Minerva, Salem, Manchester, JFK who are all down this year for some reason.

Alliance played “catch up” and couldn’t stop Carrolltons run. Marlington hung with Carrollton and had some huge stops.

I believe this game is more even than most of people want to agree with. Why because it’s a rivalry game.

Marlingtons offense this season has scored 6 points less than Alliances offense.

Alliance defense has gave up 7 more points than Marlingtons Defense.

I say with being a rivalry game it’s going to be played a lot differently. All rivalry games usually are. I could see Alliance by a lot. I could see Marlington winning. I could see an overtime game. I could see either team winning barely.

I do believe Home field advantage is going to help some as well. We all know though a team playing to just “play” is more dangerous than a team playing with “ pressure”. With Alliance loss they are out no playoffs. With a Malrington loss it’s just a 6-4 season that’s been the best they had in 2 years. The dukes have no extra pressure.

I say either :
Alliance 27
Marlington 24

OR

Marlington 28
Alliance 26

Alliance played Lake week 1, with a new RB for Lake learning the ropes. You move that game to later in the season Lake wins by 14. Alliance Defense can not stop any team that Runs the ball. (Loss to to Streetsboro, Carrollton, CCC). Their Defense had a rough matching up with Niles RB.

Marlington has turned everything around in a few short months with getting a head coach in March and a Defensive Coordinator in July. They might have fewer computer points but it’s only because of wins over Minerva, Salem, Manchester, JFK who are all down this year for some reason.

Alliance played “catch up” and couldn’t stop Carrolltons run. Marlington hung with Carrollton and had some huge stops.

I believe this game is more even than most of people want to agree with. Why because it’s a rivalry game.

Marlingtons offense this season has scored 6 points less than Alliances offense.

Alliance defense has gave up 7 more points than Marlingtons Defense.

I say with being a rivalry game it’s going to be played a lot differently. All rivalry games usually are. I could see Alliance by a lot. I could see Marlington winning. I could see an overtime game. I could see either team winning barely.

I do believe Home field advantage is going to help some as well. We all know though a team playing to just “play” is more dangerous than a team playing with “ pressure”. With Alliance loss they are out no playoffs. With a Malrington loss it’s just a 6-4 season that’s been the best they had in 2 years. The dukes have no extra pressure.

I say either :
Alliance 27
Marlington 24

OR

Marlington 28
Alliance 26
I like your take. Those scores would lead to a great game for the fans . I don’t see how it would be that low scoring though. Alliance has had injuries and issues on defense and Marlington has some injuries and depth issues as well. If Marlington can stop the passing game or Alliance can stop the run game they will win. I don’t see both schools pulling those feats off on the same night. Just hoping for a clean game that is hard fought and fun to watch.

Alliance may be the biggest disappointment in Stark County this year. I had high expectations for the Aviators this year with what they returned from last year, especially with how they fared in their scrimmages and the start of the season. I know they were hit with some injuries but that goes for every team. Hopefully they can make it into the playoffs and make some noise.

Marlington on the other hand has been one of the biggest surprises in Stark County this hear. There weren't many expectations for the Dukes, especially with a first year head coach and yet they have had a solid season. The seniors have been through alot and play-offs or no playoffs, a win vs Alliance would make their season a huge success.

I think Alliance either wins this game in a blowout or Marlington wins in a tight game.