The 'Mangas Syndrome'...Made Out Of The Same Mold

Once you move off campus you get the same amount of money that the dorm room plus food plan would have been worth if you stayed in a dorm. Considering most players live in an apartment with 2 or 3 other players, that check more than covers the rent and food. There can be a pretty substantial amount left over which is what LimaJock is referring to

That clears things up much better. Sounds like if you play your cards right finances take care of themselves. Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

Back to the topic though, D2 or D3 if he wants to have a meaningful college career. If he wants the "glamour" of playing for an average at best D1 school, prolly will need to walk on first.

Mangas would be a great fit a a big time NAIA, D2 or Mid Major. Good ball skills He put on a clinic against Trotwood The flat out played them. TM defenitley had more athletes but Shawnee was the better basketball team. Great ball movement very unselfish

So, I saw the kid from Shelby committed yesterday to Findlay. thought it would be a good time to bump this thread. Anything new on this front. Is he officially a D2/D3 player like many of us thought?

So, I saw the kid from Shelby committed yesterday to Findlay. thought it would be a good time to bump this thread. Anything new on this front. Is he officially a D2/D3 player like many of us thought?
That was the ship they offered Mangas and he sat on it for months. So they offered Pugh. My guess is George is going to be on the outside looking in for any D2 offers. Strange recruiting year due to some virus??
I think dude screwed up .....

That was the ship they offered Mangas and he sat on it for months. So they offered Pugh. My guess is George is going to be on the outside looking in for any D2 offers. Strange recruiting year due to some virus??
It is a bad recruiting year for a lot of '21 athletes. The 'dead period' extensions, the crazy influx of transfers, the fact there is now the "extra year of collegiate eligibility due to COVID circumstances", kids reclassifying a year-up... brutal.

I have heard absolutely nothing about where Mangas ends up.

The 'they are being recruited' and legit recruit discussion reminds me of people who say a kid throws a certain velocity in baseball.

Jimmy throws 90.

Most likely, Jimmy HITS 90 on occasion, usually wild out and out of the zone, but typically throws 84-86.

Is Mangas truly, seriously at the top of the recruiting lists for many Power 5 or just some basic interest. Only he knows.

Very much enjoyed watching him on WOSN this year. I made it a point when LS was on to tune in.

Along with AJ Adam of Findlay committing to UF most likely not room for Mangas.

It is a bad recruiting year for a lot of '21 athletes. The 'dead period' extensions, the crazy influx of transfers, the fact there is now the "extra year of collegiate eligibility due to COVID circumstances", kids reclassifying a year-up... brutal.

ESPNU reported yesterday that in the mens basketball portal there are enough kids looking to transfer to equate to 105 D1 programs. That's a TON!!!! They mentioned a good number of college coaches aren't even looking at high school kids right now but are just checking out the portal instead. Like you said, bad recruiting year for the class of '21.

On a side note. I don't I've ever seen such a huge discussion about a kid's recruitment with such little information or detail about it. Either Mangas has the tightest inner circle EVER or his recruitment is not as glamorous as some would like it to be.

ESPNU reported yesterday that in the mens basketball portal there are enough kids looking to transfer to equate to 105 D1 programs. That's a TON!!!! They mentioned a good number of college coaches aren't even looking at high school kids right now but are just checking out the portal instead. Like you said, bad recruiting year for the class of '21.

On a side note. I don't I've ever seen such a huge discussion about a kid's recruitment with such little information or detail about it. Either Mangas has the tightest inner circle EVER or his recruitment is not as glamorous as some would like it to be.
Maybe the Mangas family is not full of.blowhards like some kids, dad's, who make their business everyone else's business.

If this kid passed on Findlay, especially this year with the glut of kids in the transfer portal and many taking advantage of the extra year of eligibility...passing on it would have been a very poor choice if true. With the way this cycle is shaking out, Mangas has too many tweener and less than ideal measurables to get any D1 offers. Nobody's offering a 6'4 kid that primarily scores in the post in the half-court when there's enough kids in the portal to stock over 100 D1 teams.

If he wants to eventually be a scholarship player somewhere, he's probably going to have to play at a JUCO or a community college next year.

Last edited:
Yeah with the transfer portal at 1,100+ kids at all levels, there's no need to recruit an unproven marginal senior.

If this kid passed on Findlay, especially this year with the glut of kids in the transfer portal and many taking advantage of the extra year of eligibility...passing on it would have been a very poor choice if true. With the way this cycle is shaking out, Mangas has too many tweener and less than ideal measurables to get any D1 offers. Nobody's offering a 6'4 kid that primarily scores in the post in the half-court when there's enough kids in the portal to stock over 100 D1 teams.

If he wants to eventually be a scholarship player somewhere, he's probably going to have to play at a JUCO or a community college next year.
He didn't pass on Findlay. Findlay passed on him.

Good for him. It's a solid D2 program. But the Mangas family is going to become very familiar with the mountains of West Virginia chasing the team around in the Mountain East Conference! I'll bet they'll be looking forward to road games against some Ohio teams!

Who cares as long as it's free! D2 is his ceiling.
I mean no one but Mangas and his family knows if it is free. I personally would've liked to see him at Findlay but understand if they moved on from him holding out for other opportunities.

Who knows what really went on.
As far as "pulling an offer" as he was looking.......
They only have so many spots and they have offers out for a lot of kids. Once they are accepted, the spots are gone and that is how the game is played (unless you are an elite level athlete at those P5 schools).

Good for him. Hope it all goes well down there. Was a joy watching him on WOSN this season.