The Mandalorian/All Things Star Wars

My 6-year old daughter wants to start watching Star Wars. I've only ever seen 4 of them (the original 3 plus Episode 1). So, I have a couple questions:

1. In what order should we watch them? I know there are many off-shoot/spinoff movies, but let's stick to the basics.
2. Which ones are less/more kid-appropriate?

I always say the order they came out, at least for the movies.

Regarding appropriateness, you should be fine for the most part outside of scenes here and there. Particularly Revenge of the Sith. We’re dealing with lightsabers here, so throughout the entire series, you occasionally come across severed limbs or heads.

For a 6 yr old I’d maybe start with the original trilogy. Then from there you could either do the prequel trilogy, or I would recommend Star Wars: rebels, but rebels will also probably make more sense if you do the prequel trilogy first.

Stuff like Andor, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, The Mandalorian, I’d hold off on until they are older.

And lets not forget stuff like this. I don't know about anyone else but after the Mandalorian himself and baby Yoda she was my favorite character. And the reason they dumped her from the show was purely an ideological difference of opinion. So when Disney started down this path why should people express dismay when others return the favor.

Oh and I hope she wins the lawsuit.

My 6-year old daughter wants to start watching Star Wars. I've only ever seen 4 of them (the original 3 plus Episode 1). So, I have a couple questions:

1. In what order should we watch them? I know there are many off-shoot/spinoff movies, but let's stick to the basics.
As PP said the original trilogy works. Even safer would be to start her on part 4 the Phantom Menace and see if it scares her.

Start with original trilogy. It’s more accessible for kids than episode one.

I also suggest starting her on Lego Star Wars or the new animated series “young Jedi adventures”. These series are geared for children your daughter’s age.

Start with original trilogy. It’s more accessible for kids than episode one.

I also suggest starting her on Lego Star Wars or the new animated series “young Jedi adventures”. These series are geared for children your daughter’s age.

I thought about Young Jedi Adventures but I wasn’t sure if that was more for toddler age.

Curious to see next week’s episode. Based on the initial critic reviews, it sounds like episode four ends on a major cliffhanger that makes you want to see episode five right away.

And lets not forget stuff like this. I don't know about anyone else but after the Mandalorian himself and baby Yoda she was my favorite character. And the reason they dumped her from the show was purely an ideological difference of opinion. So when Disney started down this path why should people express dismay when others return the favor.

Oh and I hope she wins the lawsuit.

While Pedro Pascal gets to say whatever he wants

Do kids really care about order? If what you're looking for is simply something Star Warsey to share time with your daughter, you could start just about anywhere couldn't you?.

The rest of us managed to survive watching them out of time order, she would too.

Six year old, with hindsight as a guide? I'd start with the animated The Clone Wars, which has Ahsoka as a kid that your daughter could identify with and a lot of talking points. It's best kids learn early, clone trooper armor isn't worth &^%$@

Last edited:
Hahahaha if you need proof that review bombing is real, bots on Rotten Tomatoes have been accidentally negative reviewing the 2008 movie “Acolytes” instead of the 2024 Star Wars show “The Acolyte.”

Poor bots.

Last edited:
Curious to see next week’s episode. Based on the initial critic reviews, it sounds like episode four ends on a major cliffhanger that makes you want to see episode five right away.

Well this ended up being true, though I think they should have gone another 30 seconds or so before cutting to black than when they did. Would have built up the anticipation.

Something’s about to go down, but they cut to black right at the beginning of it.

For as much grief as the first four episodes got this one was incredible. The fight scenes and the new bad guy are as good or better than anything Star Wars has ever done.

Last edited: