The Last Dance on ESPN

I think the difference is MJ cared about winning as a player, and it pissed him off that Jerry Krause only looked at things through the prism of "what's best for the front office?" Prime example is 1985-86: Krause wanted to tank for a better draft pick at the end and Jordan went against him, played to win instead. Compare that to now: I don't think Michael Jordan cares about his organization winning, let alone achieving any of the heights the pulls accomplished in a given championship season. They're the Detroit Lions of the NBA, almost to a 'T.' It's a bad franchise, it's always been a bad team, it's a bad organization with a bad culture that was founded by a guy who never cared about winning in the first place.
It's pretty hard to say Krauss didn't care about winning, he built one of the best teams in NBA history, a couple of times. Also did it on the cheap, one thing that is rarely mentioned is that the team friendly contracts that Jordan and Pippin signed had alot to do with the Bulls being able to gather the talent they did. For some reason we always hear the narrative that Pippin got ripped off. No one held a gun to his head signing that contract.

Enjoyed the ending of this.

Great Easter egg detail from social media: in the picture of that mythical last shot, sitting right above the shot clock there's a little kid wearing a white Bulls hat that's holding up six fingers as the ball's in the air.

Only thing I didn't like from the last episode was Jordan's second guessing on what could've been. He seems convinced they would all have been willing to sign one year deals to win a 7th. Every hero convinces themselves later on in life that they could've mustered up the strength to keep going but I disagree with the goat on this one. Forget competition and playing on the court, Krause played the business side very well. He knew these guys were all approaching their end, maybe not in 98-99 but certainly in the immediate future.

Also, what if they all come back and don't win it? Is Jordan the kind of person who would be fine with going out a "loser"?

Only thing I didn't like from the last episode was Jordan's second guessing on what could've been. He seems convinced they would all have been willing to sign one year deals to win a 7th. Every hero convinces themselves later on in life that they could've mustered up the strength to keep going but I disagree with the goat on this one. Forget competition and playing on the court, Krause played the business side very well. He knew these guys were all approaching their end, maybe not in 98-99 but certainly in the immediate future.

Also, what if they all come back and don't win it? Is Jordan the kind of person who would be fine with going out a "loser"?
I said the same thing. Is it better to see a dynasty go out on top, or do we want to see it crash and burn? Also, don't underestimate the power of Krauss telling them this was the last year. I think this group used that as the main fuel for their title run. They knew it was the last time and I think it put that sense of urgency to it. Kudos to Pippin for saying Krauss is the best GM ever because he put the team together.

I don't think they could had won the next year. Jackson was gone regardless. Pippin was going elsewhere to get paid. Jordan was exhausted and the team was old.

A couple of really good parts from last nights shows. The segment on Steve Kerr's dad and him being killed in Beirut. Also, the story of Gus, the security guard and Jordan's protector. Jordan's a very private person and had very, very few in the inner circle. As Kerr said once last night, Michael lived a different life than the rest of us.

Watched the last two episodes tonight. The whole series was very well done but it glaringly obvious that it had to all go through Michael. I can't say I learned anything new about the Bulls or Jordan, but the behind the scenes stuff was fun to watch.

Maybe someday someone will take on the challenge of the full story of Micheal Jordan that fully explores the good and the bad.

Anyone watch the game 6 'movie'?
It was sort of cool. The video was a bit janky at times, but i liked the different views and sounds of the game.

I still got chills at the end with MJ taking over with 2 buckets and steal.