The Last Dance on ESPN

I think LeBron, unless he'd been in a completely different mindset, would really had struggled in past generations. Today's NBA is a players game, more than ever. At least in the 80's and 90's there was some resemblance of coaching and listening to coaching and getting along with teammates. LeBron's biggest flaw is he has to micromanage everything. He does not accept coaching. I truly feel he may have had 2-3 more titles by now if he just was a player.
Can you 8magine 10 years ago LeBron accepting a coach who wanted to take the ball out of his hands more like MJ did when Phil and the triangle came in? Coach like that never woulda been hired

2 more great eps last night.

I didnt know the stuff on the political side. Can you imagine if that was done/said today I think the media would go nuts, but many folks would not really care, but ESPN would try to make everyone care!

Personally, I don't care to have athletes in the political field. We watch sports to get away from real life, and just hate it when the co-mingle.

..and vice versa.....
They should be allowed to voice their opinion, but it shouldn’t be magnified by the media.

They should be allowed to voice their opinion, but it shouldn’t be magnified by the media.
I would listen to the political opinion from a guy like David Robinson, who served in the Navy and has a crystal clear reputation. LeBron James? Through no fault of his own, has been a celebrity since he was 12 years old. How does he have any first hand knowledge of what life is really like? He's lived a life of being in gym class everyday, and having a full bank account. Again, it's not his fault, but most pro athletes are thrust into a great financial place early in their 20's. They don't understand paying taxes, looking for a home and staying in budgets.

I would listen to the political opinion from a guy like David Robinson, who served in the Navy and has a crystal clear reputation. LeBron James? Through no fault of his own, has been a celebrity since he was 12 years old. How does he have any first hand knowledge of what life is really like? He's lived a life of being in gym class everyday, and having a full bank account. Again, it's not his fault, but most pro athletes are thrust into a great financial place early in their 20's. They don't understand paying taxes, looking for a home and staying in budgets.

That’s my point, they have a right to express their opinions outside of basketball and we can choose to listen or ignore them. I mostly ignore them for the reasons you mentioned. If you hold any type of conservative beliefs, it’s the only way to keep enjoying sports, movies, and music,

That’s my point, they have a right to express their opinions outside of basketball and we can choose to listen or ignore them. I mostly ignore them for the reasons you mentioned. If you hold any type of conservative beliefs, it’s the only way to keep enjoying sports, movies, and music,
They absolutely should. Everyone should.

I am just stating that I like to separate the entertainment world with the "real" world. I dont mind if they do it I guess, but keep it separate as possible.
For instance, I dont wan to hear about it in pre/post game remarks, or at an awards show for music, actors.

That is just me personally. Even if I agree with the person, I just dont wantto hear it.

It's been a great series so far but also sad. Just reminds me how much I used to love the NBA and how much I hate it now. Barely watch it anymore. Can't stand the players all teaming up and taking the easy way out. And how they used to want to crush each other but now are buddies on the floor (always were friends in many cases off the floor)

Jordan and Magic will always be the best players I've seen. LeBron is a physical freak but his team jumping , taking the easy way out, etc don't sit well with me. Still easily a top 10 player at least though

I kept hearing how this doc was supposed to make Jordan look bad and imo, it’s only built his legacy.

It would be funny to see how the today’s media would react to Jordan. I can’t help but think there would be endless articles about him being a “bully” or a bad teammate.

I kept hearing how this doc was supposed to make Jordan look bad and imo, it’s only built his legacy.
He said that he thought people would think that way. But I think we pretty much just agree that to be the best, to have the best team, you need to have someone who just rides you. Many of us have had coaches who were just extremely tough in us, but with it.

It would be funny to see how the today’s media would react to Jordan. I can’t help but think there would be endless articles about him being a “bully” or a bad teammate.
The Bulls had the perfect mix of veterans/ and one alpha. The thing about Jordan though, is he didn't get to be "bully" or leader until later in his career. His first 6-7 years was taking beating, it wasn't until he got the right guys around him. There have been guys who've tried to lead like Jordan, but you have to be the hardest worker, and you have to win. Being like Jordan on a .500 team doesn't do it.

Imagine a team today, being ready from game #1 to win every single game? The year they went 72-10 and won the title has to be the best team in history, hands down. Too many teams today are not trying to win every night, tanking or resting guys for the playoffs. Didn't exist back then.

And you wonder, with all the struggles Jordan has had as a partial owner and director of basketball operations in Charlotte, that he has a different take on Jerry Krauss now? Say what you want about Krauss, he built that team. Putting together a championship basketball team may be the most difficult in pro sports because everyone has talent, you need guys who's games fit together. Jordan has failed in that as an administrator.

Imagine a team today, being ready from game #1 to win every single game? The year they went 72-10 and won the title has to be the best team in history, hands down. Too many teams today are not trying to win every night, tanking or resting guys for the playoffs. Didn't exist back then.

And you wonder, with all the struggles Jordan has had as a partial owner and director of basketball operations in Charlotte, that he has a different take on Jerry Krauss now? Say what you want about Krauss, he built that team. Putting together a championship basketball team may be the most difficult in pro sports because everyone has talent, you need guys who's games fit together. Jordan has failed in that as an administrator.
That’s why so often great players make bad coaches.

In today's digital age there'd inevitably be a breaking exclusive story about Jordan bullying bench warmers like Scott Burrell.

I'm sure the "Republicans buy sneakers, too" quote that was made in jest would have sparked some type of woke moral outrage on Twitter.

In today's digital age there'd inevitably be a breaking exclusive story about Jordan bullying bench warmers like Scott Burrell.

I'm sure the "Republicans buy sneakers, too" quote that was made in jest would have sparked some type of woke moral outrage on Twitter.
I dont remember that quote from him back then, but I would not have had a problem with it.

Many businesses and business owners, and Michael Jordan off the court, is business, often do not take public stands on many political issues as to not "offend" the other side.

In instances like this, where a guy makes most of his money endorsing products, I have no problem with them not taking sides, endorsing because well, the other side buys products as well.

I dont remember that quote from him back then, but I would not have had a problem with it.

Many businesses and business owners, and Michael Jordan off the court, is business, often do not take public stands on many political issues as to not "offend" the other side.

In instances like this, where a guy makes most of his money endorsing products, I have no problem with them not taking sides, endorsing because well, the other side buys products as well.
I love that quote. Say what you want about Michael, he knew what he was doing and he knew shoes were selling, he could care less about anyone's political views, which is actually good! Mike was great when the camera's were on and he was selling. I think he's very private person and you don't see that side much at all anymore.

I love that quote. Say what you want about Michael, he knew what he was doing and he knew shoes were selling, he could care less about anyone's political views, which is actually good! Mike was great when the camera's were on and he was selling. I think he's very private person and you don't see that side much at all anymore.
Few episodes ago they showed him in his hotel room and he comments that he cannot go anywhere because of the crowds. He was the beattles, elvis, the monkees and New Kids all rolled into one with fame.

Say what you will with the money and such, but not being able to go out and do anything at all can be load on your emotional state.

He looked just exhausted.

I think the difference is MJ cared about winning as a player, and it pissed him off that Jerry Krause only looked at things through the prism of "what's best for the front office?" Prime example is 1985-86: Krause wanted to tank for a better draft pick at the end and Jordan went against him, played to win instead. Compare that to now: I don't think Michael Jordan cares about his organization winning, let alone achieving any of the heights the pulls accomplished in a given championship season. They're the Detroit Lions of the NBA, almost to a 'T.' It's a bad franchise, it's always been a bad team, it's a bad organization with a bad culture that was founded by a guy who never cared about winning in the first place.