The Guardians…

This will have 0 effect on attendance, up or down.

I like it. It's not some dumb singular noun like the Pack or the Wild (exception made for the Miami Heat. That's cool). The monuments on Hope Memorial Bridge are really imposing and interesting to look at. I'm usually not a fan of sports nicknames that are three syllables or longer, but I do think the name pays tribute to Cleveland better than calling the team Indians because they had one native American on the team back in the day.

The winged logo is alright. Don't think it needs a plain baseball in it. The wordmark leaves a lot to be desired.

I like it. It's not some dumb singular noun like the Pack or the Wild (exception made for the Miami Heat. That's cool). The monuments on Hope Memorial Bridge are really imposing and interesting to look at. I'm usually not a fan of sports nicknames that are three syllables or longer, but I do think the name pays tribute to Cleveland better than calling the team Indians because they had one native American on the team back in the day.

The winged logo is alright. Don't think it needs a plain baseball in it. The wordmark leaves a lot to be desired.
Shocking…

I completely disagree. I think Cleveland is without a baseball team by 2040. Interest in baseball already declining, absolutely no hitting for the team in Cleveland for like the last 20 years as it is. Alienating the small fan base they already had. Recipe for disaster.

The organization is now grumbling that Progressive Field needs updated…
they want the tax payers to pay for it or else they are moving…
See Ya!!

Tennessee Guardians —that sounds about right.

Comic Con coming to Cleveland.

Guardians of the Galaxy

1627063255410.png

Last edited:

When was the last game you went to?

I'm sure there is a negative connotation out there for Guardians. Should have called them a symbol like when Prince changed his name.

Last edited:
LOL 2011.. I’ve gone to multiple games every year for a long time…
It all stops..
They have done me a solid.. Dont have to bother with traffic and pay for expensive concessions any more.
Hey do you want to go see the Guardians play? Huh? Who?
Traffic and expensive concessions: I can tolerate that.
Changing the name which literally has zero effect on your time or money: THAT'S IT I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!

The GUARDIANS! The freaking GUARDIANS. Are you kidding me. This is sad - Cleveland deserves better.

Reactions: y2h
This sucks. Bad enough the Indians are last in payroll in baseball or the SOB owner is saber rattling for a new tax payer funded new stadium, but now makes a complete mockery of the team name. Never saw anything bad about the name. It’s not like the Redskins or other outright racist name. I thought the only thing really offensive was the grinning Chief Wahoo. Could have chitcanned him, used a teepee for a logo and kept the Indian name. Maybe even beat a drum at the game. Attendance hasn’t been strong lately, but a cheap payroll, injuries and covid all take a toll. Now add in a new team name for an idiot owner. Wont help attendance.

Guardians, oh boy. Intramural Basketball, my buddy was on The Guardians. I was on the Blues Brothers. I was brought up on a side street.

The organization is now grumbling that Progressive Field needs updated…
they want the tax payers to pay for it or else they are moving…
See Ya!!

Tennessee Guardians —that sounds about right.
If a team wanted to move, changing the nickname is a good idea. People are emotionally connected to their teams. No one is connected to the "Guardians".

I completely disagree. I think Cleveland is without a baseball team by 2040. Interest in baseball already declining, absolutely no hitting for the team in Cleveland for like the last 20 years as it is. Alienating the small fan base they already had. Recipe for disaster.
These fools keep talking about how Indians is divisive and Guardians will be unifying...they are too dumb to understand the changes are what is divisive.