The Big Ten Stinks

AEW Champion

God’s favorite poster

Good article by Pat Forde of Sports Illustrated is linked above about the Big Ten and its top two teams. I recommend reading it in full. But I took a couple screenshots of note. It might look familiar to you, since it’s exactly what I’ve been saying all season long.

28553DA5-0EB5-4BF4-B621-1E31DAE99845.png

8F6735AE-8092-4ABF-B3DE-A1844EDCC856.png

6FDB7864-AF5F-4E9A-B04C-0218D5B05C99.png

CAA76860-254D-44F4-AD31-0DD87459DB36.png

It might be time for Ohio State to head south to the SEC if it wants a better chance of being prepared to win a national championship. After all, if you remove Ohio State, you have to go back 25 years to Michigan’s split national title in 1997 to find another Big Ten championship. Outside of OSU and Michigan, the rest of the conference is so far away from being national title-caliber, it should concern OSU and Michigan.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Good article by Pat Forde of Sports Illustrated is linked above about the Big Ten and its top two teams. I recommend reading it in full. But I took a couple screenshots of note. It might look familiar to you, since it’s exactly what I’ve been saying all season long.

View attachment 37779
View attachment 37780

View attachment 37781
View attachment 37782

It might be time for Ohio State to head south to the SEC if it wants a better chance of being prepared to win a national championship. After all, if you remove Ohio State, you have to go back 25 years to Michigan’s split national title in 1997 to find another Big Ten championship. Outside of OSU and Michigan, the rest of the conference is so far away from being national title-caliber, it should concern OSU and Michigan.

This is nonsense I agree OSU defense is bad, I knew that before the game with TTUN. However if Ruggles makes a 50 yd FG or if one of those replays goes the other way than what is Fordes narrative? Outside of Bammy and UGA how is the SEC doing in the bowls? LOL KY got shut out by Iowa. OSU just needs a competent DC. I do agree if OSU was in the SEC it would help with recruiting.

Dumb article by a dumbazs.

I guess Georgia’s D didn’t get adequately prepared by the SEC? TCU gave up a boatload of points to Michigan. I guess they weren’t adequately prepared by the Big 12? Those two games could easily have gone the other way and all the talk would be about OSU vs UM and that the B1G is cleaning up this bowl season.

OSU’s last second loss to Clemson was very disappointing, but their mauling of Clemson was very impressive. OSU did what they could vs Bama in 2020, but they were severely disadvantaged by the great Kevin Warren who had them testing for Covid right up to gameday that year while the SEC didn’t test Bama for weeks leading into the game. Heck, they even returned Waddle while OSU lost a ton of starters and key players for the game. That’s the same Kevin Warren that is more than welcome to go lead the mess that is the Bears. Candidates for B1G commissioner will line up from NYC to LA. Hopefully the new one will be savvy enough to get a couple more western powers in the fold to help out UCLA and USC.

I guess Georgia’s D didn’t get adequately prepared by the SEC? TCU gave up a boatload of points to Michigan. I guess they weren’t adequately prepared by the Big 12? Those two games could easily have gone the other way and all the talk would be about OSU vs UM and that the B1G is cleaning up this bowl season.

OSU’s last second loss to Clemson was very disappointing, but their mauling of Clemson was very impressive. OSU did what they could vs Bama in 2020, but they were severely disadvantaged by the great Kevin Warren who had them testing for Covid right up to gameday that year while the SEC didn’t test Bama for weeks leading into the game. Heck, they even returned Waddle while OSU lost a ton of starters and key players for the game. That’s the same Kevin Warren that is more than welcome to go lead the mess that is the Bears. Candidates for B1G commissioner will line up from NYC to LA. Hopefully the new one will be savvy enough to get a couple more western powers in the fold to help out UCLA and USC.
Agree 100% and I am tired of the double standards, SEC plays under one set of rules the BIG under another. Covid is just one ex., SEC plays one less conference game, Bammy plays little sisters of the poor before their rivalry game with Auburn. Nave no doubt UGA would have put Harrison back in the game, but OSU does the right thing by holding Harrison out. Once again it comes down to priorities winning at all costs or winning with one hand behind the back.

Last edited:
Eh. Everyone knew Ohio State was very meh at best defensively. That unit has been weak for a few years.

UGA only played two of those other six SEC league opponents that were top-35 in yards per play...and there weren't six others when you exclude playing FCS level opponents.

Wait... now I get it. It makes sense now.

Has anyone ever seen Pat Forde and AEWC in the same place?

Just sayin. :)

Agree 100% and I am tired of the double standards, SEC plays under one set of rules the BIG under another. Covid is just one ex., SEC plays one less conference game, Bammy plays little sisters of the poor before their rivalry game with Auburn. Nave no doubt UGA would have put Harrison back in the game, but OSU does the right thing by holding Harrison out. Once again it comes down to priorities winning at all costs or winning with one hand behind the back.
In Saban’s defense he has called for adding a conference game and dropping one of those crappy non-league games. He feels the fans deserve a better schedule. But he knows he’s probably going to win that extra game every year and it’s the rest of the SEC teams that are afraid of adding the game.

Exactly. TCU and Georgia's Ds got lit up just as much as Michigan and OSU...so what's their excuse?

In Saban’s defense he has called for adding a conference game and dropping one of those crappy non-league games. He feels the fans deserve a better schedule. But he knows he’s probably going to win that extra game every year and it’s the rest of the SEC teams that are afraid of adding the game.
maybe Saban can do a HOME and HOME Non conference game ........Bama hasn't done that since 2001..... playing a non conference game in Atlanta or dallas doesn't count.......

maybe Saban can do a HOME and HOME Non conference game ........Bama hasn't done that since 2001..... playing a non conference game in Atlanta or dallas doesn't count.......
I think he scheduled one with Ohio State, though he probably won’t be the coach by then.

He did a home and home with Penn State in 2010 and 2011. He just played Texas in Austin in 2022.

you laugh at that, don't you think ND would love to play Bama or georgia up in South Bend?

ALabama has shifted their thinking on non-conference, I guess? They were only playng the marquee matchps on neutral fields and one time only I thought. Now we are seeing home-and-home with various schools (like Ohio State) popping in.

Of course, Saban is not likely to be coaching those so we shall see where the Alabama program is then

I am hesitant to post on a thread started by a tool like AEW Champion, but these articles were predictable and likely pre written.

Definetly too bad both Big Team teams lost, but they were in the final four and deserved to be.

GA and TCU D stunk too. TCU still had a game on their hands after several redzone stops and 2 pick 6's. That is insane.

GA was trashed by OSU and the Buckeyes were incredibly banged up.

The B10 has performed well this bowl season. Better than I would have guessed TBH.

The only let down thus far was UM.

I am hesitant to post on a thread started by a tool like AEW Champion, but these articles were predictable and likely pre written.

Definetly too bad both Big Team teams lost, but they were in the final four and deserved to be.
Even if the article was predictable and researched ahead of time, its main point is still absolutely correct: There is a track record of the Big Ten’s big boys getting exposed against good teams outside of the Big Ten. Let’s not act like this year’s CFP results are a one-year aberration.

I don’t appreciate the unwarranted insult, by the way. Make a New Year’s resolution to be more open to a wide array of thoughts.

Because the B10 West is not good. Need to just remove all conference divisions now with the new playoff. If keeping conference title games, make it top 2 in each, period

They won.
The premise of the article is that Michigan and OSU Ds got rocked due to not being prepared by their league competition. TCU and Georgia's Ds got just as wrecked so apparently their competition didn't prepare them either.

Even if the article was predictable and researched ahead of time, its main point is still absolutely correct: There is a track record of the Big Ten’s big boys getting exposed against good teams outside of the Big Ten. Let’s not act like this year’s CFP results are a one-year aberration.

I don’t appreciate the unwarranted insult, by the way. Make a New Year’s resolution to be more open to a wide array of thoughts.

Any handful of plays going the other way Saturday night result in Ohio State being 5-3 with a pair of CFP championships a week from now. As it is, only Alabama, Clemson, and now Georgia have more CFP wins than them.

This reads like something that was mostly pre-written with the expectation of OSU getting blasted...and then he ran with it anyway when that didn't occur hoping a bunch of people wouldn't notice and/or would click anyway.

I find it interesting he tries to use Big XII offensive superiority to make a point when TCU's win this weekend was the conference's first CFP win. Having a lot of higher powered offenses in the league has not worked out for them in the CFP as their typical representative (Oklahoma) has gotten gashed regularly and has a defeated 0-4 record in their appearances.

Any handful of plays going the other way Saturday night result in Ohio State being 5-3 with a pair of CFP championships a week from now. As it is, only Alabama, Clemson, and now Georgia have more CFP wins than them.
Kind of a misleading stat. Those 4, Oregon (1), and LSU (2) are the only schools with Playoff wins in the CFP era. Ohio State has the 3rd most appearances, either tied with or just ahead of Oklahoma and Georgia.