Terry Francona done a great job.

I just wondered if you polled the owners that overspend and don't win what they think? I mean do you overspend this year, next year, and years to come? I mean that's bad business. See the meaning of success is different for owners than they are fans. Owners win, almost no matter what. I mean if the Dolans put the Indians up for sale, they'd make a HUGE profit. They really don't need to sell. If you own a home, do you sell it just because you can make alot of money on it? No. It's an investment and investments grow over time.
And for the Dolans, if Nashville comes a calling..that's even better, have Cleveland and Nashville get into a bidding war over the team. The Dodgers won their first world series since the 1980's!! They have been epic playoff failures for decades with the largest payrolls in baseball! That's bad business. Now the Dodgers have much, much, MUCH deeper pockets so it's all relative.
...and the Dodgers have a huge TV contract to pay for all or most of their extravagance. At the end of the day, the inequity between the teams in MLB is just another reason the game is slowly fading into irrelevance. That's a discussion far beyond countering Brian's silliness.

This might be the worst thread subject in Yappi history, which is saying a lot.

As has been pointed out in many prior posts, the Indians problem is ownership…not management and certainly not Terry Francona. How Tito is keeping this bare bones budget team over .500 with all the injuries sustained by key players is incredible.
AL Central. Don't underestimate it sucks royally.

Ryan Merritt's viability as an Major League pitcher was proven by his short stay in the majors. He was such a stud he's been a free agent for 3 years after not being successful as freaking Durham Bull. If he started in a World Series it would have been his THIRD major league start.

You still haven't answered the question I asked you weeks ago- what did you expect out of this roster, or any other of the rosters in recent years? If anything, they've overachieved.

You realize you're the sole voice in the wilderness on this, right? There's a reason for that.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Tribe is going to get the "different voice in the clubhouse" Brian has prayed for. I am confident the new voice will lead them to 70 wins.

Unless Francona is physically sick, he needs to do his job and finish the season. I’m not buying this crap about taking time off for mental health. You get paid millions of $ to do this job, so f’n do it.

Damn, who know Brian had this kind of power? Maybe now he can focus his energies on finding a new owner for the Guardians, preferably with very deep pockets.

Unless Francona is physically sick, he needs to do his job and finish the season. I’m not buying this crap about taking time off for mental health. You get paid millions of $ to do this job, so f’n do it.
The story indicates other reasons, he is having a second hip replacement, and has had a bad staph infection in his toe all year long.

"Get off my lawn" guy preaching to one of the toughest guys you'll ever find - LOL.

Tito was a big league player and always toughed it out through injuries. He made it to the top of the manager heap also, and always persevered through bad seasons. Now a Yappi poster is telling him to tough it out. The man is not a quitter. Lighten up.

"Get off my lawn" guy preaching to one of the toughest guys you'll ever find - LOL.

Tito was a big league player and always toughed it out through injuries. He made it to the top of the manager heap also, and always persevered through bad seasons. Now a Yappi poster is telling him to tough it out. The man is not a quitter. Lighten up.
Not if there’s something physically wrong with him, but if it’s “mental”, he needs to suck it up.

He quit. However, can't really fault him. His superiors continue their joke status.